Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shimmering Blight has only one move.

RealPandemonium

I kind of like the simplicity. I've always found direction-dependent combos to be "eh" at best, and Shimmering Blight gives an equally resounding shrug to which way you're moving, with the block button feeling like the main combo chooser control.

That's not to say Shimmering Blight and Bleeding Willow should both have such simple movesets. But I like having that kind of straightforward option on at least one of them.

I like it. It is the one stance which doesn't try to #*!% with my movement. If I move back and start swinging, I keep moving back at the exact same pace throughout the entire swing. If I strafe left, I keep moving left at the exact same pace during the entire combo. If I suddenly change direction to back and forward and move around, I do not lose pace either with my movement or my attack.

In short, it is the only stance in the entire game which lets me retain full control over my movement while attacking, and therefore the only stance that actually works.

Don't ruin it.

On 2021-09-06 at 5:35 PM, DoomFruit said:

In short, it is the only stance in the entire game which lets me retain full control over my movement while attacking, and therefore the only stance that actually works.

Agreed. But just for your information, a single sword with no stance also behaves similarly. It takes a lot of Forma since you lose mod capacity by having no stance, but it's another good option.

11 hours ago, SteveCutler said:

Agreed. But just for your information, a single sword with no stance also behaves similarly. It takes a lot of Forma since you lose mod capacity by having no stance, but it's another good option.

Yep. My Railjack melee weapon is an Ether Sword, because there are a disturbingly large number of Wisps in public games who "helpfully" put speed motes on the exit hatch which breaks my normal choice of melee. It's why I was really hoping that one of the tenet melee weapons was a longsword - because I'd be able to get enough extra mod points to stick everything on. But no - it turns out that "two handed blade" means "two handed weeaboo stick" - which rips the controls out of my hands when attacking.

You get the same benefit with unstanced rapiers and fans. Unstanced nunchucks, claws and staves also let you move freely while attacking, but they have horrifically slow and cumbersome attack animations.

Archived