Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player Experience

(PSN)SifuPurpleWolf

Ordis should be a friendlier and more helpful guide to newer players and low MRs, like hey have you checked your codex for any new quest ect or Finish star chart reminders or any kind of direction,  There's too much to do with no sense of direction which turns off a lot of the player base, Have drop tables and rotation explanations in codex ect just make the game npcs explain its mechanics better so the players don't have to google every single question they have the wiki shouldn't be required to play warframe and little changes like these would bring in a ton more of new players.

21 hours ago, (PSN)Sifu_Purple_Wolf said:

Ordis should be a friendlier and more helpful guide to newer players and low MRs, like hey have you checked your codex for any new quest ect or Finish star chart reminders or any kind of direction,  There's too much to do with no sense of direction which turns off a lot of the player base, Have drop tables and rotation explanations in codex ect just make the game npcs explain its mechanics better so the players don't have to google every single question they have the wiki shouldn't be required to play warframe and little changes like these would bring in a ton more of new players.

Part of its unbalanced flaws. On top of focusing too much on horde killing and expecting 500+ weapons be used equally with no evolution. 

When I try to make warframe concepts, not only do I try to give them an origin on how they ended up in their situations, give them a quest, add a few new enemies, but I also try to make them more than just horde killers. Which is what most concepts tend to be these days. Even a healer themed frame, they would try to make it a horde killer. Like draining all enemies’ health to replenish all allies or something. 

Main thing is cause there ain’t much else to do besides killing everything. And when I first started I was blind. I had no idea where to go. They’ve come a long way. New players today aren’t as blind as I was starting off. Now there is an actual path to follow, some objectives. But still not much when it comes to guidance. 

For starters, Ordis should remind players of completing their star chart. Maybe give each planet some sort of emblem to signify that it’s incomplete. Maybe on. Their very first attempt at completing a node/location, there should be hints or signs to let players know where to go. The Spy on Lua/moon, was the biggest pain. 

Certain weapons when being sold if not maxed level should ask “this weapon isn’t maxed, you sure you want to sell it this early? Maxed weapons means more XP”.

Other weapons used as a resource should be like “this weapon is needed for another weapon. Are you sure you want to sell it?”

Stuff like that to keep new players from making mistakes. Grinding and farming is so annoying as is. 

Be nice if you could use regular frames as a resource for building new prime frames as a means to transfer all formas to the prime frames. So that you’re not forced to farm for more and repolarize. If you have more than enough Formas, then the rest not used just go in the trash basically as they are not needed. 

There’s a lot I feel they need to change. A lot they need to add. So that the game is more balanced, smooth, fluid, and easier to navigate. Granted they are making lots of things from scratch. Adding to the lore/plot. So it’s no surprise they haven’t fixed a lot of things. But you’d think these are like video game 101. 

I would list more but that would be going way off topic. 

Archived