Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you think would be the proper way to deal with trolls in public rooms

AzureScion

5 hours ago, AzureScion said:

What do you think?

I think this is another example of why I solo and stopped a long time ago thinking that random people on a a team in a video game can provide me with pleasing entertainment.

I find the very best way to deal with trolls in games is to simply never be in a position they can impact my gameplay.

There is absolutely nothing that can be obtained in this game that is worth dealing with trolls to get.

I honestly do not understand why so many people do subject themselves to these toxic people and call it fun.

21 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

I honestly do not understand why so many people do subject themselves to these toxic people and call it fun.

Because they are the trolls?

I suspect that trolls have horribly miserable lives, and that because of this, and because they are also the type of people who feel better when others feel worse, and because they have no empathy and probably killed the neighbors pets when they were younger, they troll with the intent to make others miserable.

I don't really get that honestly, how one human being derives pleasure and joy by making another human being feel horrible.  It's anti-social on the verge if not truly fully blown sociopath behavior.

And then the thought crosses my mind, just look at all the sociopaths running around free.  I rather be bouncing again and deal with drunks that think they can stumble around and win a fight.

51 minutes ago, Nexeroff said:

Because they are the trolls?

I suspect that trolls have horribly miserable lives, and that because of this, and because they are also the type of people who feel better when others feel worse, and because they have no empathy and probably killed the neighbors pets when they were younger, they troll with the intent to make others miserable.

I don't really get that honestly, how one human being derives pleasure and joy by making another human being feel horrible.  It's anti-social on the verge if not truly fully blown sociopath behavior.

And then the thought crosses my mind, just look at all the sociopaths running around free.  I rather be bouncing again and deal with drunks that think they can stumble around and win a fight.

You'd be surprised how many of the trolls actually arent trolls. The number of "bad" players within gaming is staggering and shocking. Just among my own friends I'd consider the majority of them as "bad" players and quite a few of those I would consider horrible. Some to the point where others have mistaken them for bots aswell as trolls in some games. And it isnt always that those "bad" friends are bad, they just have wierd ideas of gimmick builds and approaches that they like to use, which just drags things out pointlessly at times.

And in all honesty I think there are more drunkards and stoners that come off as trolls than actual trolls, it is just the drunkards and stoners think they can play well while under the influence, just as some think they are car aces even when they are so high or drunk that they cant walk or piss straight.

22 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

You'd be surprised how many of the trolls actually arent trolls. The number of "bad" players within gaming is staggering and shocking. Just among my own friends I'd consider the majority of them as "bad" players and quite a few of those I would consider horrible. Some to the point where others have mistaken them for bots aswell as trolls in some games. And it isnt always that those "bad" friends are bad, they just have wierd ideas of gimmick builds and approaches that they like to use, which just drags things out pointlessly at times.

And in all honesty I think there are more drunkards and stoners that come off as trolls than actual trolls, it is just the drunkards and stoners think they can play well while under the influence, just as some think they are car aces even when they are so high or drunk that they cant walk or piss straight.

I have been playing MMOs since Ultima Online, that's about as long as anyone could have played MMOs.

In all that time, in all the experiences I have had engaging people in MMOs, I have found it fairly easy to tell people who are drunk and trying to be funny, or high and thinking they are funny from trolls.

Trolling is a thing, there are far more trolls than you can even imagine.  Some only troll occasionally, but still they are trolls.

I bounced all through college, have bartended at several different nightclubs and owned a nightclub for a few years.  In all those experiences with people who drank too much it's exceedingly rare to find a real drunk cognitive enough to behave as a troll.  They might say inappropriate things, but think about this, the are drunk they do not retain reason enough or thought enough to be able to troll anyone.

And I'm sorry, but when you are high you don't want to troll or hurt anyone, it would ruin your high.  All you want to do is chill out and enjoy the feeling of well being.  You have being high all wrong, it's as if someone plucked you out of the 80s and landed you on this post.  Being high does not cause you to feel less empathy for your fellow human beings, it causes you consider empathy more often and to behave in a way that is kind, and nice or funny.  I would actually prefer people were high except that they might make many mistakes while playing, but so far as conversation in chat, I have no issue with people who are high, or drunk, or doing something else so long as it isn't meth, crank, crack or smack. 

It's far more likely that some of the people trolling are self righteous you know whats, that think anyone in an altered state of mind is a prime target for trolling.  Or, it's far more likely someone wants to be drunk and/or high, isn't and is upset, so upset they take it out on fellow players.

You are just flat out wrong about people who are drunk and/or high, I think you just have something against people who seek to alter their experience with these things.

I would also point out that while you are expressing you have friends who are bad players, that we are the sum of those people we keep around us.  If you call these bad players friends, then it's far more likely you are a bad player yourself.  And if you are calling trolls bad players, well..  I'm just saying.

Why in the world would you want friends who are bad players, that is baffling to be honest.

I graduated with a Masters in Psychology with a 3.9 GPA, and I was high almost every day.  I went back for more college education and obtained a degree in material sciences and chemistry, today I'm a metallurgist and chemist, I run and operate a small precious metals refinery and as well, I'm a metal artist I do everything from precious metal jewelry and Mokume Gane, to artistic blacksmithing and bladesmithing and guess what, I ingest cannabis on a fairly regular basis, as a matter of fact I did my Masters Thesis on THC and it's affect on the brain, I can tell you this, if you are using it properly, you actually create more connections and mental pathways in your brain than if you were not.

I don't use cannabis when I am working, I work with some of the deadliest acids and combinations of acids you can possibly imagine, the gases some of these acid solutions create can kill you, and I have been doing this for years.  I use an induction furnace that uses a strong electromagnetic field to create resistivity to melt metals, it literally melts platinum which would take about 45+ min in a regular furnace, about 2 1/2 min to melt fluid.  So as you might imagine, I deal with things on a daily basis that can kill and maim me easily, and yet, no issues using cannabis when I am not working, and not when I am nor adversely affecting my ability to work effective and professionally. 

I write scientific papers about metallurgical processes that are peer reviewed and published, and have no problem doing so even while high.

Your animosity towards people who choose to ingest cannabis really just amounts to bigotry.  You have no clue what you are talking about so that bigotry which in this case means you are intolerant of people who ingest cannabis, is based on ignorance, ignorance meaning a lack of knowledge just so you know.  So bigotry based on ignorance and you post here in the way you do.  You sound more like a troll than someone serious and yet I get the feeling you are serious and trying not to sound like a troll.

In any case, I say these things so that you understand you are wrong, absolutely, way outside the realm of being right.  As a matter of fact, believe this or not, I ingested cannabis before writing this, which is probably the reason I have been so kind, writing about your ignorance and bigotry.  I, and I feel the rest of the community as a hole, would appreciate it if you kept your beliefs to yourself, we know something instead of believe something as you do, with directly refutes your claims.

Some people are trolls, they intend to behave as trolls, they enjoy doing so for whatever reason and that's just it, some of those people might drink, or ingest cannabis, or snort meth, or do prescription drugs or whatever, but that's not why they are a troll and not what causes them to troll.  You are wrong, absolutely.

18 hours ago, Nexeroff said:

Some people are trolls, they intend to behave as trolls, they enjoy doing so for whatever reason and that's just it, some of those people might drink, or ingest cannabis, or snort meth, or do prescription drugs or whatever, but that's not why they are a troll and not what causes them to troll.  You are wrong, absolutely.

You 100% misunderstood what I said regarding high and drunk people. This isnt about feeling less empathy and high or drunk people being trolls because of that, it is about high and drunk people thinking that they play (or do anything else based on motor functions) at normal standards while being under the influence. They dont, simple as that since their brains just work slower because more things have a potential to go on, or in the case of drinking their senses get dulled and subjugated. This leads to people thinking that they play with trolls when in reality they play with a drunk or high person. And I've also played MMO's and online games since the late 90's and I can count the actual trolls I've encountered on my fingers and toes. Drunkards, stoners, tweekers, speedfreaks, idiots and everything else I've encountred are far harder to count.

And I have no animosity towards people using cannabis or alcohol, since I've done one of the things myself and I do the other still from time to time. I'm just saying that people arent aware of the negative effects, thus thinking they are all normal under the influence. Personally for me it was very hard to keep focus on something when high, which ment if I played games my thoughts would drift, more so if I was also listening to music or talking to people. When not high I tended to block out the music or other people talking, letting the game or whatever else I do be in focus. When I drink I can feel my own motor skills getting sluggish, so I know I'm not 100% at whatever I intend to do. So it is kinda hard to be wrong about something you've experienced first hand. You simply sound like a run of the mill sweet leaf defender, where there is nothing negative with the substance use at all. This shows since you completely missunderstood what I said and took it as a direct attack on all substance use of the precious herb.

I also really couldnt care less what you do for a living, since it has zero meaning here.

The funny part is also that you say it yourself that you dont use cannabis when working. Obviously it has a negative effect on you in that case that you yourself can see, yet you somehow failed to get what my point was and managed to jump to severe conclussions. But somehow you dont understand how it can impact the gameplay of someone, even though games also require motor skills aswell as a clear head to keep the focus on the game.

edit: And again, I'm not saying stoners and drunkards are trolls, I'm saying they can be mistaken for trolls. So chances a person have ran into an actual troll is far lower than they think.

The only solution that would satisfy all of you would be to implement on normal missions the same squad-leaving system from the open world, allowing you to quit alone a team you don't like, only to end up alone in your own instance of the same mission, keeping your progression and giving you the opportunity to prove to yourself that you maybe can finish as efficiently the mission on your own.

On 2021-09-06 at 5:02 AM, AzureScion said:

Ultimately I just left the match because I couldn't handle this guy anymore, but this is honestly more of a band-aid solution to me than else.

There is your answer op, just leave. Sometimes a band-aid is all you need for a small boo-boo. 

9 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

This isnt about feeling less empathy and high or drunk people being trolls because of that, it is about high and drunk people thinking that they play (or do anything else based on motor functions) at normal standards while being under the influence. They dont, simple as that since their brains just work slower because more things have a potential to go on, or in the case of drinking their senses get dulled and subjugated.

The irony in my case is that the one time I played the game while stoned (something that happened unintentionally due to a mix-up with a shared fridge), my in-game performance was on-par with normal, and even better in some instances (such as having a much more keen awareness of my environment and how best to move through it. My overall accuracy was also improved, to the point where I went from spraying and praying to constantly getting headshots).

Not sure what that says about me, if anything, but it was certainly an interesting experience (albeit not one I intend to repeat).

On 2021-09-06 at 4:44 AM, AzureScion said:

Jeez so aggressive... Chill the hell out man, I meant for this to be a civil discussion. Are you perhaps one of the people who actively trolls people out? Do you feel called out?

In fact I probably shouldn't bother with you at all, you seem to be overly aggressive in every discussion you participated in.

Oh and it must be such a joy to have 3 other friends who would follow you around everywhere you go like they're your personal maid or something.

And to make it clear, I wasn't asking for an option to punish people via majority voting. I was asking what people would do if faced with similar situation. So cool your head down a bit before joining in any discussion next time cause you're just making things more intense than they should be.

If this is how you respond to people who are critical of your opinions then you're probably going to continue having issues with perceived trolling if/when no actual trolling is happening. People may not like the way you've constructed your argument and they may poke you because of it. Just let it roll off of you and respond to the people who you feel are engaging in the discussion you were looking for. 

You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Also, you're complaining about public matches... Expecting people in public matches to play in a manner consistent with your expectations is pretty silly.

On 2021-09-06 at 8:02 AM, Nexeroff said:

It takes at least 2 votes to kick someone, so two people would need to agree before hand to kick one person, and only one person can be kicked per vote.

I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but it's not common in ESO for that to be a method of trolling, and Warframe is a far better community of players than ESO, so I doubt it would hardly happen at all.

The big difference between ESO and WF though is people in ESO grps tend to kick players who are F'ning up more so over the class, (though there are those also) were in WF you would have the kick button fired off each and every time certain frames popped into the random.

and no to that last part I have been playing both these games for years and I would say they are both equally immature when it would come to the vote kick

On 2021-09-06 at 7:21 AM, Fallen77 said:

Imagine this in a moba : "don't be a bully, if xxkevinxx wants to be a fourth dps and dive the towers before a single creep gets there, it's his god given right and you shouldn't ever say anything about it !"

That's the world we live in man. People can do that in a moba if they want to. In fact, as a player of the original WC3 Dota custom map, it's always been this way. It's the internet anonymity effect where your word and reputation mean so very little.

12 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

You 100% misunderstood what I said regarding high and drunk people. This isnt about feeling less empathy and high or drunk people being trolls because of that, it is about high and drunk people thinking that they play (or do anything else based on motor functions) at normal standards while being under the influence. They dont, simple as that since their brains just work slower because more things have a potential to go on, or in the case of drinking their senses get dulled and subjugated. This leads to people thinking that they play with trolls when in reality they play with a drunk or high person. And I've also played MMO's and online games since the late 90's and I can count the actual trolls I've encountered on my fingers and toes. Drunkards, stoners, tweekers, speedfreaks, idiots and everything else I've encountred are far harder to count.

And I have no animosity towards people using cannabis or alcohol, since I've done one of the things myself and I do the other still from time to time. I'm just saying that people arent aware of the negative effects, thus thinking they are all normal under the influence. Personally for me it was very hard to keep focus on something when high, which ment if I played games my thoughts would drift, more so if I was also listening to music or talking to people. When not high I tended to block out the music or other people talking, letting the game or whatever else I do be in focus. When I drink I can feel my own motor skills getting sluggish, so I know I'm not 100% at whatever I intend to do. So it is kinda hard to be wrong about something you've experienced first hand. You simply sound like a run of the mill sweet leaf defender, where there is nothing negative with the substance use at all. This shows since you completely missunderstood what I said and took it as a direct attack on all substance use of the precious herb.

I also really couldnt care less what you do for a living, since it has zero meaning here.

The funny part is also that you say it yourself that you dont use cannabis when working. Obviously it has a negative effect on you in that case that you yourself can see, yet you somehow failed to get what my point was and managed to jump to severe conclussions. But somehow you dont understand how it can impact the gameplay of someone, even though games also require motor skills aswell as a clear head to keep the focus on the game.

edit: And again, I'm not saying stoners and drunkards are trolls, I'm saying they can be mistaken for trolls. So chances a person have ran into an actual troll is far lower than they think.

As a cannabis user/addict, if I have some stuff to vaporize I'll do it regardless the time, place or situation. I can drive stoned, work stoned, program stonned, study stonned, and basically do anything that the society expect from a functional individual... Stonned. When you are a frequent user, your body reacts different to the cannabinoids, the tolerence on getting wasted by smoking/vaporizing is quite high (lol, pun not intended), the outcome for me its that I cannot be stonned to the point of being unable to do stuff because I'm way beyond that point. Right now for me it's like the coffee for regular people, activates me, relaxes me and I can focus better on specific stuff (non stonned I've always had issues on focusing in just one thing or a few related things, like driving and paying attention to surroundings and the vehicle at the same time and not being distracted by toughts or conversations).

I'm saying this because if someone plays stonned, doesn't mean it won't perfom well in a game or anything, all depends on the user and the consumption rate of that user.

Drinking, on the other hand, it's different: You can't overdose your body with cannabinoids (I mean, theorically a person can but the ammount of weed needed for it it's impossible to consume in a short spawn of time), but alcohol can intoxicate you and even if your resitance on getting drunk is higher due regular consumption, you can overdose regardless and your motor skills will be equially impaired at some point (prior to the overdose) due that. 

My brother is like you, he gets high and can't do stuff normally and when we ang out he always point outs that he cannot understand how the #*!% I can do stuff normally.

Not trying to put pink glasses on weed consmption tho, I developed a chronic dissease due to smoking (tobacco, weed and more stuff that fortunately I don't consume anymore), to the point that I cannot smoke anything anymore, only vaporize.

My 2 cents.

There are a lot of ideas circulating through the community :

• A kick system. Given how abusable it is this may never happen. Can you imagine the host kicks you just before you reach the extraction? Or in ESO case, if you're not willing to be his "XP Magnet" they'll kick in you an instant.
  • Matchmaking blacklist. Players you ignore will never matchmake with you.
  • Trust point system. Players can judge your behavior and their judgement affects your trust points. Lower trust points may put you in low priority in public matchmaking or placed on DE's "Watch list".
  • Leave Squad button on every mission. Don't like the squad you're playing with? Break off from them while still continuing the mission.

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

• Leave Squad button on every mission. Don't like the squad you're playing with? Break off from them while still continuing the mission.

Okay this has to happen. I don't mind leaving the mission and going solo but I want to at least keep my rewards.

Il y a 6 heures, Skaleek a dit :

That's the world we live in man. People can do that in a moba if they want to. In fact, as a player of the original WC3 Dota custom map, it's always been this way. It's the internet anonymity effect where your word and reputation mean so very little.

No it's not. For having played a lot of moba, people may be salty over there, but it's perfectly normal to expect everybody in a team of randoms to at least try to do the job that's expected of them, and the overwhelming majority of the time, that's what you get.

And let's even say you're right, what does that change ? My point is that, in other games, nobody would bat an eye if you told a stupid to do his job and not be a pain for everyone, people simply expect the community to drive the bad apples in the right path.

But here in warframe, nooooo. People will fight teeth and nails to defend the scum of this game because "you can go recruit chat lol, it'll only take 30 minutes before every game, what's your problem ?". Can't you all stop saying it's ok ? Because it's not.

There is the obvious support ticket that can be raised to combat trolls.

I personally wish there was more control on the lobby than merely pub, invite only , friends or solo (solo is technically not a lobby).

You could create custom preferences for example , where you don't ever want to join a mirage with high particle explosive (oh my eyes) or would prefer to join a survival planned for 1 hour etc. This would of course just be indicative , to find similar minded players.

But I have little to no hope of this happening.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb 0_The_F00l:

You could create custom preferences for example , where you don't ever want to join a mirage with high particle explosive (oh my eyes) or would prefer to join a survival planned for 1 hour etc. This would of course just be indicative , to find similar minded players.

But I have little to no hope of this happening.

the more custom the matchmakeing gets it would be less likly to find any groups the simple solution to the problem would be put in some effort to find people in the game that you want to play with or agree to use specific items but if you go in random you get random

the more you have to filter your teammates by yourself the more you likely rember the ones that are fun to play with

Am 6.9.2021 um 12:11 schrieb (PSN)drpunk-yo:

I leave the squad.

Wisp dropping electric motes in a sortie defense, I'm out of there.

No fuss. No whining. Just gone. Onto the next.

I love to play Wisp in defenses and since I am lazy, I use the augment that drops all 3 flowers in one go. So here is my question, because I never ever saw a problem:

Is it really that S#&$ty when Wisp is dropping electric motes? The range is not even that big to begin with.

5 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

There are a lot of ideas circulating through the community :

• A kick system. Given how abusable it is this may never happen. Can you imagine the host kicks you just before you reach the extraction? Or in ESO case, if you're not willing to be his "XP Magnet" they'll kick in you an instant.
  • Matchmaking blacklist. Players you ignore will never matchmake with you.
  • Trust point system. Players can judge your behavior and their judgement affects your trust points. Lower trust points may put you in low priority in public matchmaking or placed on DE's "Watch list".

• I would kick any1 for just doing something i consider stupid or just for fun
  • Imagine the amount of filtering each player would need to do to not to mention the case where there will be new players which you didnt have chance to ignore before
  • 1st we would need to trust other players not to abuse that kind of points
    But are we speaking like good/bad points distribution or like reputation points? Since in former imagine getting allot bad points just for pointing out to someone he is doing something wrong and in latter well look at it just like rep on warframe market
  • That would be only half way fix since you would not lose your progress but its most user friendly i could imagine
    For me biggest flaw is that missions are progress based and not just type based
    What i mean is if you are past 30% of the mission new players cant join it
    Where in many games you can just join while mission is still going this way making players not suffer "team mates RQ and im solo now" fate

13 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

I love to play Wisp in defenses and since I am lazy, I use the augment that drops all 3 flowers in one go. So here is my question, because I never ever saw a problem:

Is it really that S#&$ty when Wisp is dropping electric motes? The range is not even that big to begin with.

Just so you understand
Game Mode is called DEFENSE and i think that is biggest lie of warframe right after crossfire mission types
It should be called defensive extermination

You see if you bring limbo into def and you hide target from enemies (which means you are at 100% defense efficiency) you wont win because real objective is to exterminate enemies while defending the target

Now imagine me coming to fed as mesa and time of a round is determined by how fast enemies can reach my bullets
And there comes you with your shock mote which is staggering (in most cases) enemies trough walls/floors and so we waste more time on a round which could last like idk 30 sec less? Yeah its not much but consider at least 5 rounds for single defense mission and consider you are not doing 1 defense mission per day
Now do you get whats the core problem here?

Another example is vauban i love vauban i wont lie but if i see one spaming vortex on def mission that just kills it for me and i quit squad
And trust me you are lucky if you get vauban which kills enemies stuck in walls by his vortex and well only owner of that vauban with vortex can see damage taken by enemies so if you dont use level map you most likely will spent more time looking where enemies got stuck in the 1st place

And if you still dont understand the problem well then maybe after you will make defense mission for 1000x time maybe you start to value your time more
Its not like i or any1 else need to rush everything we just want to play the game do different mission complete one objective and move to next one and not waste our time when we know it can be done faster
And if you dont feel like that yet just keep playing trust me at some point you will

15 hours ago, (PSN)Kakurine2 said:

How exactly will a troll determined to be a troll? What gives you or anyone the right to be judg,jury, and executioner?

Realize it's the internet and your probably taking things too seriously.

Well, i tell you.

Hydron is the place for fast leveling. If you dont want to lvl up fast, you can just play any other node. It's not like this is the only place with affinity gain.

If you use tools to speed up mission you are doing things right.

If you are slow down process unintensenionally, you are just not smart. If you have been informed and keep doing the same -- you are troll. Is this really rocket science for anyone?

Archived