Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you think would be the proper way to deal with trolls in public rooms

AzureScion

5 minutes ago, (PSN)AbyssalGladious said:

kicking people is can be used as a troll it self like say
you have a night wave challenge to stay in a survival for 30 minutes and then at the 29:50 mark you just get kicked for existing 
many people in warframe would do that i mean there are people that have booted me for selling ingis wraith for 5p so yeah anything is possible 

I think we should have kick vote for 1 week and then after few hundreds forum post it would be clear why we should not

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Though that isnt what I'm talking about. I'm talking about stoned people that actually act as if they are stoned and the performace of them takes a dive. People react differently to things, but I'm talking about actually stoned and drunk people, not "what if?" cases. I for instance can perform fully functional when I'm on pain medication morphine substances, I just dont feel it at all. I have relatives and friends that cant even get out of bed with the same dose in their body. The worst part for me after morphine is that my stumache acts like I've eaten a full cart of imodium.

My point from my first post which the other guy also completely missed is that it is about people under the influence to the point where they negatively impact those they play with and waste their time. I dont care if someone pots or drinks if they can control it, I care when they cant and it impacts others. It isnt an attack on alcohol or drug usage overall. Heck I've known people that have walked and talked normaly while their blood alcohol level has been so high they should have really been dead because they've been on a lenghty bender and increased their tolerance. And I know people that get drunk as skunks from a few high alcohol beers or a few glasses of wine.

Maybe my bias, excepting that I'm a user, it's because I've never encountered someone drowining in a substance enough to non be functional in a game or at least never told me about it. Surwe enough I've played with incompetent people where pvp teams are mandatory and causes your team to loose, but honestly never encountered someone boasting about how high or drunk they are while ruining the game for the rest

8 hours ago, -JT-_-R3W1ND said:

Well, i tell you.

Hydron is the place for fast leveling. If you dont want to lvl up fast, you can just play any other node. It's not like this is the only place with affinity gain.

If you use tools to speed up mission you are doing things right.

If you are slow down process unintensenionally, you are just not smart. If you have been informed and keep doing the same -- you are troll. Is this really rocket science for anyone?

Assuming things doesn't garuntee. Your gonna need hard evidence.

Well hydro is a great mission to power level frames. I find the elite sanctuary is ideal for power leveling weapons.  And the normal sanctuary works fine for frames.

Really if you think someone is intentionally trolling in mission. Record them and submit a ticket then leave.  On average most folks will just roll their eyes and leave. It's pretty simple.

Il y a 13 heures, Xantelian a dit :

Except you are conveniently brushing aside one important detail. This isn't a competitive PvP game. It's a PvE horde shooter. It's not even comparable. 

It's very much comparable IF and only if you think about it for a brief moment.

Our progress can be impacted by other people's actions in both types of game, that is all that is needed for what we're talking about. In all other games I've played, it is NORMAL and ACCEPTED that people should look down upon and reprimend troublemakers. EXCEPT HERE, where for some idiotic reasons, people give them a free pass.

But I've had it with this thread, OP was asking how we could deal with actual trolls, which I was advocating for because, you know, it should be common sense, but all people here seem to only wanna play around invalid semantic to avoid the obvious and excuse the undefendable.

Nah sure people, let the trolls stop your games and the afk/leechers take slots in your squads, it's their playstyle, you can't tell people how to play, that'd be bullying ! Let us all take the penalty for those people, this makes sooooo much sense.

On 2021-09-06 at 6:02 PM, AzureScion said:

From many other interesting discussion threads I've gathered the general consensus is that players should not dictate how others play in a public room, because Warframe is ultimately not a "co-op" game, it's playing solo with 3 other people. Okay, so I will not tell others to not play a certain frames anymore or play how I want them to be anymore. 

But how about the people who actively (whether intentionally or not) halt the game or ruin the fun for other people? Say, a Limbo with max range and duration keeping his cataclysm up on a defense mission, or a +300% strength Slowva on a Hydron leveling run. Or maybe the people who always kill their teammates by spamming their explosives while having a rad proc on. What should I do with these people? I probably can tell them to stop doing that but what if they reply with, "I play however I want"?

Similar situation happened to me earlier, a Limbo was keeping his cataclysm + stasis on the entire time on a Hydron XP run and keeps banishing other people. I assumed the guy didn't know what he was doing, so I told them as politely as I can to stop. Well, he didn't actually say "I play however I want" or whatnot, but he didn't even say a single thing. Didn't respond, didn't stop his banish-cataclysm fun in there. Ultimately I just left the match because I couldn't handle this guy anymore, but this is honestly more of a band-aid solution to me than else.

What do you think?

I think you found the solution to your problem. Leave.

People are like this, sometimes they are unreasonable, strange or even malicious. If you aren’t willing to take the human variable into account, play solo.

On 2021-09-06 at 5:02 PM, AzureScion said:

What do you think?

I think we all should stop "playing solo with 3 other people" and just play solo, solo.

Warframe is a free game, a top one for quite a while. It will attract the worst of gamers you could think of. We can't "govern" nor "educate" these people. This forum alone has proved that we can never agree on anything, and nothing is stopping us to have different opinions while rejecting other's.

Warframe is the wretched hive of scum and villainy. How to live in a place like that? You be strong enough to do things yourself and don't cross paths with other villains.

17 hours ago, vanaukas said:

Maybe my bias, excepting that I'm a user, it's because I've never encountered someone drowining in a substance enough to non be functional in a game or at least never told me about it. Surwe enough I've played with incompetent people where pvp teams are mandatory and causes your team to loose, but honestly never encountered someone boasting about how high or drunk they are while ruining the game for the rest

I've ran into a horrible amounts of them, both pot heads and drunkards completely out of it. Anything from family, friends and guild. Drunks being the worst though.

Step 1: Confirm that they are trolling. If they are doing something to impede the mission, explain that what they are doing impedes the mission and how. I hadn't played the game in a while and when I got back into it in Railjack, I was destroying all 3 crewship engines to make them stay still so it was easier for the Canon guy to line up a shot. He explained to me that if I leave an engine intact, he can target it with the canon for extra damage and destroy the crewship in 1 shot instead of maybe needing 2. That was it. No report to support, no angry forum post (probably), no tears and no rage quitting. Back when I was doing Thermia fractures, we had a Revenant who kept destroying the thing we had to protect because it gave us all rad procs and he was half AFK with his 4 on constantly. I explained that we were getting rad procced and he was then destroying it and he immediately stopped. 

Step 2: Particularly as it pertains to your Max Str slowva while you're doing a leveling run. Go to recruiting chat and form a group. You can't expect 3 pubs to be there for the same reason you are, and it isn't fair of you to impose your intentions and methods onto them. If you want to level in Hydron, advertise a leveling run in recruiting chat, or ask your clan/alliance or join a discord if you haven't already and put it in there. If you do a pub queue, you sign away your right to complain about people not valuing the mission the same way. Sometimes if I'm leveling a frame and there's 1 or 2 levels before 30 I go into Uranus, Kuva or Lua spy. They give decent XP and I find Spy much more fun than SO, or any kind of endless mission. I do them solo, because I want all 3 terminals + the undetected bonus. Most people suck at spy, especially those 3 which are less traditional and have a little more going on in them. So I can blame nobody but myself if I go into a pub and someone ruins it. They might be clearing the node for the first time, or they might be speed running to farm Ivara parts of Harrow neuros and not care about the undetected bonus. 

It's important to note than in pubs, not everyone may have chat active/be looking at it. Had a guy make a mission way harder than it had to be and 2 of us tried to explain it and ask him to stop but he kept going. At the end of the mission was the first time he read it and he apologised. So, you can't guarantee that pubs will read the squad chat. If you explain it and they ignore, as you experienced, you just leave and gg no next. 

Step 3: You've got a group of like-minded people who are all working towards the same goal, but someone's ineptitude is still ruining it. You've explained to them what they're doing is wrong and is ruining the mission or making it harder. And they ignore you or reply with something that shows they don't care. You take a screenshot/video and make a support ticket. This person is trolling.

I love this game and the community is generally helpful so much of the veteran community are so intolerant towards new players or inexperienced players. Even if someone is MR20 they might be using that particular frame for the first time, or they might be forced into a mode in a Sortie that they generally avoid doing. Take 10 seconds to explain how to do it to them and save yourself and so many others from frustration. And like many others have suggested, you can just leave and form a premade if you're really unhappy with how 3 other strangers are playing the game.

7 hours ago, Soy77 said:

Warframe is the wretched hive of scum and villainy. How to live in a place like that? You be strong enough to do things yourself and don't cross paths with other villains.

Imaging going on about how everyone else is terrible, all while having a terrible mentality.

It reminds of me back when Riot had that "doctor" and he would respond with logs of people claiming everyone around them were horrible people, when it was actually them.

Op, and others, are even assuming anyone who plays the game poorly is doing it out of malice instead of you know... them being a low skilled player. Especially given they're referring to Hydron, a node that attracts a lot of people who don't even know what they're even doing, and isn't even an efficient place to level.

Some people just prioritize the "defending" part of "Defense" rather than just treating it like an Exterminate confined to one large room. I've had a bunch of cases of two Novas in one group [Steel Path or Sortie Defense], a Slow and a Speed one. The Slow Nova wasn't "trolling" and legitimately thinks cc is necessary to not fail. Most people who use CC in defense typically stop when asked politely.

Radiation Sortie/Liches/Sisters has the problem of there being no clear indication an ally, or the player, is affected by Radiation. You can check your debuffs [which most don't] but this doesn't solve the issue of not seeing allies. Some people aren't even aware of it in the first place, I've had people die to me by running in front of me while they had the proc and were confused why they were instantly killed out of no where. A lot of people simply lack situation awareness in the first place, and isn't "trolling". This is an issue for any game or situation where being aware of the surrounding matters.

Labeling low skilled or clueless players as trolls is why the term has no meaning today. The term just means the other person disagreed or did something you didn't like.

In the end, the only appropriate action for anyone that places importance in how people should be playing belong in solo or like minded people [premades]. If you can't, or don't want to, carry any potentially low skilled randoms, then you don't have to.

44 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

Imaging going on about how everyone else is terrible, all while having a terrible mentality.

It reminds of me back when Riot had that "doctor" and he would respond with logs of people claiming everyone around them were horrible people, when it was actually them.

Op, and others, are even assuming anyone who plays the game poorly is doing it out of malice instead of you know... them being a low skilled player. Especially given they're referring to Hydron, a node that attracts a lot of people who don't even know what they're even doing, and isn't even an efficient place to level.

Some people just prioritize the "defending" part of "Defense" rather than just treating it like an Exterminate confined to one large room. I've had a bunch of cases of two Novas in one group [Steel Path or Sortie Defense], a Slow and a Speed one. The Slow Nova wasn't "trolling" and legitimately thinks cc is necessary to not fail. Most people who use CC in defense typically stop when asked politely.

Radiation Sortie/Liches/Sisters has the problem of there being no clear indication an ally, or the player, is affected by Radiation. You can check your debuffs [which most don't] but this doesn't solve the issue of not seeing allies. Some people aren't even aware of it in the first place, I've had people die to me by running in front of me while they had the proc and were confused why they were instantly killed out of no where. A lot of people simply lack situation awareness in the first place, and isn't "trolling". This is an issue for any game or situation where being aware of the surrounding matters.

Labeling low skilled or clueless players as trolls is why the term has no meaning today. The term just means the other person disagreed or did something you didn't like.

In the end, the only appropriate action for anyone that places importance in how people should be playing belong in solo or like minded people [premades]. If you can't, or don't want to, carry any potentially low skilled randoms, then you don't have to.

your reply just perfectly demonstrates my reply.

people in warframe believe what they want, therefore they do what they want.

even most people who don't know what they're doing, will just continue cluelessly do what they do instead of trying to look for guidance. come on, if they bothered to learn beforehand they will never got in that situation in the first place.

look no further than this forum. in the last sentence you explain how you believe there is only one appropriate action for this situation.
you honestly believe it, and that is what you have and will do. i happen to believe the same thing, that is what i have and will do. if anyone think it's not the appropriate action, we both will happily make long posts explaining why it is.

and from what i've seen so far in this forums so far, people with different believes will never buy other's suggestions. they'll just continue to believe what they already believe.

warframe is the wretched hive of scum of villainy.

everyone take care of themselves.
trolls do trolls, stupids do stupids, you do you, i'll do me. nobody need nor can do anything about others.

9 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

everyone take care of themselves.
trolls do trolls, stupids do stupids, you do you, i'll do me. nobody need nor can do anything about others.

I agree, but convincing the self-appointed gaming police that they have to stop treating players that have the audacity to play differently as 'trolls and leaches' is the challenge.

Some people are just pedantic nitpickers who really, truly, honestly believe they are helping by policing the actions of others and that those of us who just acknowledge that other humans are doing their own thing are somehow letting the whole world go to hell because we won't jump on the nitpicking bandwagon in a video game.

It's a personality/brain chemistry/testosterone/human problem, not a gaming problem.

9 hours ago, Soy77 said:

Can't tell if this is satire or one of the most dramatic takes of Warframe I have ever seen.

4 hours ago, Zimzala said:

I agree, but convincing the self-appointed gaming police that they have to stop treating players that have the audacity to play differently as 'trolls and leaches' is the challenge.

Some people are just pedantic nitpickers who really, truly, honestly believe they are helping by policing the actions of others and that those of us who just acknowledge that other humans are doing their own thing are somehow letting the whole world go to hell because we won't jump on the nitpicking bandwagon in a video game.

It's a personality/brain chemistry/testosterone/human problem, not a gaming problem.

Funny because in another thread complaining about random's behaviors, i just said that it's the people's fault, not the game's mechanics.

And we can't do anything about people. Especially in warframe when both "gaming police" or "the outlaws" have absolute believes that they are the good guys.

Ah well, i play solo so i don't care about either.

4 hours ago, TomCruisesSon said:

Can't tell if this is satire or one of the most dramatic takes of Warframe I have ever seen.

It's a star wars reference.

Also my way of recognizing older and younger forum members.

3 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

Funny because in another thread complaining about random's behaviors, i just said that it's the people's fault, not the game's mechanics.

And we can't do anything about people. Especially in warframe when both "gaming police" or "the outlaws" have absolute believes that they are the good guys.

Ah well, i play solo so i don't care about either.

The only reliable teaming I have ever done in these large scale PvE games successfully was based around a true Ignore function.

In all my years of gaming, it's the only thing that works. You get to decide with whom you will play, or not.

Anything else I have seen implemented just gives more tools and fuel to the war between the gaming police and the (self appointed) outlaws and that war never ends, unless they can both be denied battle.

With the right Ignore feature, those of us that just want to play can avoid both the overbearing leaders and the actual trolls.

So, I also just solo, but the right tools could get me to team, at least some.

I was very sad when I realized ignore here was just the in-game chat.

Archived