Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I don't see how we're meant to avoid the Acolyte Magnetize bubble.

(XBOX)TehChubbyDugan

31 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Warframe combat has more than guns.

The name appearing prominently at the top of the screen is IMO enough of a heads up.

You completely missed the point I made about them showing up meaning you literally can't fire your weapons because they might insta-kill you with them.  That's broken no matter how hard you want to defend it.  The "heads up" isn't a warning that the ability is going to be used, it's a "You can't use any projectiles (because exalted blades projectiles have killed me as well.  It's completely broken.) until this thing is dead" which isn't an ability telegraph, it's basically map wide gun nullification.  Weren't they supposed to be buffing guns?  

The fact that it's also buggy is even more reason for the ability to just be taken off.  More than once now I've killed them with melee (more than guns right?) only to have them be casting it at the moment of death and have the bubble stick on me permanently where I can't roll out of it and it doesn't expire.  It just sits there for the rest of the mission until you leave.  I'm sure you'll find a way to defend that too though.

On 2021-09-06 at 12:15 PM, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

There's almost no visual indication that it's being cast and the bubble itself is barely visible, especially while you're in it.  Given that it will straight up oneshot you with your own damage and the effect is pretty much immediate upon cast, there really needs to be a better visual indicator before and after the cast as well as a short period after cast where you have a second to notice that it's up so that you actually have some kind of reaction window and can stop attacking and roll out of it.  As it stands you pretty much have to treat Malice like a goddamn Dark Souls boss and just roll constantly so that you won't get instagibbed by a completely broken ability.

Pay attention to the enemy and roll. You know it is coming and you know what it does. There is a telegraph to the ability being used and there is simple counter-play in rolling out of it and using that window to shoot. If you are afraid of shooting yourself and don't feel like paying attention OR you can't actually see Malice, don't shoot before the ability is cast. If you can't do that, use Protective Dash on yourself every 4 seconds and be invincible forever. If you can't do that, run away.

I've killed myself more than once thanks to Malice, but it wasn't a Malice problem, it was a me problem - I did not use the correct tactics in facing this threat.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

it's also buggy [...]  I'm sure you'll find a way to defend that too though

Someone disagreeing with you does not mean they are insane to such a degree that they'd also think bugs are fine.

You're being quite unreasonable here, try to come back to a level where constructive discussion is possible.

I don't see how you can be this vocal about something that has very simple counterplay, the same which you have been informed of multiple times. Rolling not only gets you out of Magnetize (and even if you can't see it very well when it's active on you, it has a distinct sound cue, a cooldown before it is recast and the source of it is known down to the letter) but it also provides you with 75% Damage Reduction while rolling. Even if it didn't get you out of Magnetize, rolling would still be one of the very best moves you could counter with - excepting certain frame abilities that could likely make use of the self-damage.

It sounds like it's an issue you encounter with some frequency, which implies you've learned at least vaguely when and where to expect it. Learning from mistakes and other situations like this is the proper approach.

Archived