Ivara, Helminth Abilities on Zipline

(PSN)DeZaruu

Greetings!

So I've Golden Instinct on my Ivara Prime, as it's a nifty little ability to have when chilling through Spy. However, I noticed it's not avaiable while on ziplines, which I assume applies to other Helminth abilities, too.

My feedback is simply this; abilities which sensibly can be cast on a zipline, should work on a zipline for her in my opinion. The cast animation for Golden Instinct is quite simple and doesn't affect the bottom half of the frame for instance.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, (PSN)DeZaruu said:

Greetings!

So I've Golden Instinct on my Ivara Prime, as it's a nifty little ability to have when chilling through Spy. However, I noticed it's not avaiable while on ziplines, which I assume applies to other Helminth abilities, too.

My feedback is simply this; abilities which sensibly can be cast on a zipline, should work on a zipline for her in my opinion. The cast animation for Golden Instinct is quite simple and doesn't affect the bottom half of the frame for instance.

Do other Ivara's abilities works on zipline? If no it may be common BUG that won't let us use abilities on zipline or Yareli/Merulina.

The zipline is weirdly inconsistent with skill interactions in general. I use it a lot for fishing, and you can't access the gear wheel on it for example, so you need to equip the spear before hopping on it. However once there you can freely swap spear/bait. But throwing bait/dye will not always work. Generally I need to stupidly hit the key a dozen times, moving the camera, zooming in/out, moving around... And it does nothing until suddenly it works and I can throw both.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, quxier said:

Do other Ivara's abilities works on zipline? If no it may be common BUG that won't let us use abilities on zipline or Yareli/Merulina.

Her own skills do work, it's just GI.

But like FishMcCool brought up, it just seems very inconsistent - might be a good time for DE to go over frames who can use abilities in places others can't (Ivara and Yareli so far I think would be the only ones?), and make sure there's the consistency.

38 minutes ago, (PSN)DeZaruu said:

Ivara and Yareli so far I think would be the only ones?

Titania (mini mode) works with Helminth abilities from what I heard.

For Yareli/Merulina to work with other abilities DE needs to write 50ish codes. I find it very unlikely as it works already with Titania. I guess Ivara's zipline is in the same bout as Yareli - it won't be fixed... in near future.

ps. I would add Xaku & it's time stoping power for other abilities - it just have to be changed (it's matter of another topic that has been already written).

Ivara's zipline dashwires have always been finicky. They're very restrictive on what WF abilities can be cast upon them. I know that Mesa's 4th, can't be used while on ivara's zipline, as an example. Unfortunately, I don't know the exact pattern as to what prevents abilities from being cast on her zipline, it has always been really restrictive as far as I can recall.

On 2021-09-07 at 3:41 AM, FishMcCool said:

The zipline is weirdly inconsistent with skill interactions in general. I use it a lot for fishing, and you can't access the gear wheel on it for example, so you need to equip the spear before hopping on it. However once there you can freely swap spear/bait. But throwing bait/dye will not always work. Generally I need to stupidly hit the key a dozen times, moving the camera, zooming in/out, moving around... And it does nothing until suddenly it works and I can throw both.

There's actually a specific consistent way to throw both bait and dye while sitting on Ivara's zipline. Specifically, you have to be aiming with a fishing spear while on the dashwire. While aiming with the fishing spear, press 2 or 3 to throw your bait or dye respective. Note, if you just press 2 or 3 while on the dashwire, it will just cause you to do an animation lock (and most of the time, you won't be able to throw the bait/dye). Holding your aim with the fishing spear (default keybinding - Right Mouse Button) and pressing 2 or 3, will force the correct throwing animation to be played. I demonstrate this at 1:03 in my video, throwing both bait and dye without issue, as example (I throw more bait and dye later in the video). (I should probably update this video though, now that I think about it).

On 2021-09-11 at 9:39 PM, BlindStalker said:

There's actually a specific consistent way to throw both bait and dye while sitting on Ivara's zipline. Specifically, you have to be aiming with a fishing spear while on the dashwire. While aiming with the fishing spear, press 2 or 3 to throw your bait or dye respective. Note, if you just press 2 or 3 while on the dashwire, it will just cause you to do an animation lock (and most of the time, you won't be able to throw the bait/dye). Holding your aim with the fishing spear (default keybinding - Right Mouse Button) and pressing 2 or 3, will force the correct throwing animation to be played. I demonstrate this at 1:03 in my video, throwing both bait and dye without issue, as example (I throw more bait and dye later in the video). (I should probably update this video though, now that I think about it).

Ha, great stuff. Wish I had seen it earlier as yesterday I was again doing the zipline dance trying to get my Tromyzon bait out. :D