Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Cosmetic Catagory: Rolling, jumping, and bullet jumping.

Joezone619

I thought of a possible new cosmetic category. They could give us the ability to change what the animations for rolling, jumping, and bullet jumping look like.

Personally, I'm not too much of a fan on how protea and limbo roll, but it did give me an idea... why not make them customizable? This is just mainly to throw the idea out there, but it'd be awesome if they actually went through with it.

No, no, no. Just the bugs I’m imagining are too much. Also, why spend platinum on animations? A bullet jump should LOOK like a bullet jump, and since it currently does, and is the fastest type of jump, it fits. A roll should actually be a ROLL, not some weird dash midair. Limbo does that because he’s making a portal, but it’ll look so out of place for others. Imagine a titan rhino performing some quick air dashes? 
how are you going to jump differently? A backflip into the air? It’s a good idea and if it could happen it’s be so fun, but the possibility of bugs, weirdness of other frames using it, too much

18 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

No, no, no. Just the bugs I’m imagining are too much. Also, why spend platinum on animations? A bullet jump should LOOK like a bullet jump, and since it currently does, and is the fastest type of jump, it fits. A roll should actually be a ROLL, not some weird dash midair. Limbo does that because he’s making a portal, but it’ll look so out of place for others. Imagine a titan rhino performing some quick air dashes? 
how are you going to jump differently? A backflip into the air? It’s a good idea and if it could happen it’s be so fun, but the possibility of bugs, weirdness of other frames using it, too much

Wana the best part about cosmetics? You don't have to use them... and thus you'll be bug free w/o spending plat.

29 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

A roll should actually be a ROLL, not some weird dash midair. Limbo does that because he’s making a portal, but it’ll look so out of place for others. Imagine a titan rhino performing some quick air dashes?

It's (probably) named roll because that's how some games have rolls. Warframe evolved to have different movement but name "roll" stayed.

31 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Sadly different rolls are just animations. There shouldn't be too much bugs. Only Xaku's might be problematic.

I guess (bullet) jumps would be the same as rolls.

1 hour ago, Joezone619 said:

I thought of a possible new cosmetic category. They could give us the ability to change what the animations for rolling, jumping, and bullet jumping look like.

Personally, I'm not too much of a fan on how protea and limbo roll, but it did give me an idea... why not make them customizable? This is just mainly to throw the idea out there, but it'd be awesome if they actually went through with it.

There were once topic like this. +1

If they put collision detection on it then I would be happy.

16 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

But why waste the plat? Just buy a orokin catalyst or reactor with that plat. Also, why should DE make it if you want to use it?

Honestly? For me i have all the weapon's i'm gonna use forma'd, and potatoed. Cosmetics become a lot more appealing when you don't care if you have meta gear or not. But thats just me, i got all my stuff, cosmetics are just a plus on top.

As for why they'd make it? Well more cosmetics = more plat = more $, so it seems like easy extra money to me.

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

But why waste the plat? Just buy a orokin catalyst or reactor with that plat. Also, why should DE make it if you want to use it?

DE sells animations that you won't see 90% of the time (afair it affects what pose frame has while moving, there rest are idle animations). 

I roll a lot. Even I don't roll... I roll with my Grendel (I had too...sorry). For me rolls & jumps are huge part of game. It's important to have them good. Hence customization (even for plat) is nice. If rolls had better collision detection I would buy them... even 1 for each frame.

6 minutes ago, quxier said:

DE sells animations that you won't see 90% of the time (afair it affects what pose frame has while moving, there rest are idle animations). 

I roll a lot. Even I don't roll... I roll with my Grendel (I had too...sorry). For me rolls & jumps are huge part of game. It's important to have them good. Hence customization (even for plat) is nice. If rolls had better collision detection I would buy them... even 1 for each frame.

T h a t S the point. A bullet jump currently looks like a bullet jump, and since it’s already a bullet jump, why turn it into some weird spinning roll-flip or whatever? I roll a lot too, but a roll is actually called a roll. So it should actually be one. Why for example, create a roll based on hydroid where you go into the ground like a swamp crocodile then come back up? I mean, the visual may look fun yes, but I don’t really see the point in making them customisable. 

9 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

T h a t S the point. A bullet jump currently looks like a bullet jump, and since it’s already a bullet jump, why turn it into some weird spinning roll-flip or whatever? I roll a lot too, but a roll is actually called a roll. So it should actually be one. Why for example, create a roll based on hydroid where you go into the ground like a swamp crocodile then come back up? I mean, the visual may look fun yes, but I don’t really see the point in making them customisable. 

Excluding collision detection which would affect gameplay it's personal taste. People customize their frames, weapons and pets to much their taste or for some reasons (e.g. pink rhino/grendel with wings because it looks funny). I like Xaku's version. It doesn't change your frame into something smaller. I put pink on my RJ just to see it (before upgrading my rj-points).

Roll is called roll because it's the most common movement. They use that name because it's simple and people will "get it". They don't want to use name like short-movement-in-x-and-z-axis. All names are simple but may not be the most accurate. So if "DE's roll" is dash then it's ok. Unless it's completely different thing then it's ok (e.g. rolls are in X & Z axis and Bullet jumps are in all axis; roll doing bullet jump is wrong... something like new Yareli dash/roll might be like this).

ps. it's subjective topic. What you may think is not worth someone may think it is worth the effort.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

Excluding collision detection which would affect gameplay it's personal taste. People customize their frames, weapons and pets to much their taste or for some reasons (e.g. pink rhino/grendel with wings because it looks funny). I like Xaku's version. It doesn't change your frame into something smaller. I put pink on my RJ just to see it (before upgrading my rj-points).

Roll is called roll because it's the most common movement. They use that name because it's simple and people will "get it". They don't want to use name like short-movement-in-x-and-z-axis. All names are simple but may not be the most accurate. So if "DE's roll" is dash then it's ok. Unless it's completely different thing then it's ok (e.g. rolls are in X & Z axis and Bullet jumps are in all axis; roll doing bullet jump is wrong... something like new Yareli dash/roll might be like this).

ps. it's subjective topic. What you may think is not worth someone may think it is worth the effort.

Yeah I know, none of my points are objective. 

But my point is, it’s not THAT useful and I think that instead of spending a month on this type of things, those bugs should be attended to. More stuff = more plat spending = more profit.

If they had built in effects such as for example, damage multiplier for 10 sec per roll, extra speed or others this would be a good idea, but simply for appearance doesn’t make sense. (I mean to be fair, would be cool if you could do something like a Nezha roll like turning into living fire and dashing/moving/sliding?/crawlingg?? How do flames travel? across a area, same distance as a regular roll

4 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

But my point is, it’s not THAT useful and I think that instead of spending a month on this type of things, those bugs should be attended to. More stuff = more plat spending = more profit.

Look at recent additions. Yareli is epithome of this. She looks nice (of course objectively speaking), has nice animation etc etc. Gameplay wise... meh. Sevaghot at least had 2 nice abilities. RJ, mechs are like this, reskin of something. Even Ghoul saw (not yet introduced) may be like this*

To be honest it's more "fun" to go to Simulacrum to study AI than to farm new Tenet weapons (I've got Tenet Exec with wrong element but I don't feel like grabbing another 40; rest are boring/bad).

It's not very useful but it's easier to do than fixing stuffs or introducing new content.

* Some time ago I've seen Ghoul saw in development. It had animation where it rides on enemies. In actual gameplay it's just like any other melees - not affecting enemies till some, very short time.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

If they had built in effects such as for example, damage multiplier for 10 sec per roll, extra speed or others this would be a good idea, but simply for appearance doesn’t make sense. (I mean to be fair, would be cool if you could do something like a Nezha roll like turning into living fire and dashing/moving/sliding?/crawlingg?? How do flames travel? across a area, same distance as a regular roll

Rolling taking effects of bullet jump mods (like +X fire on bullet jump) would be nice... but as mods.

7 hours ago, quxier said:

Look at recent additions. Yareli is epithome of this. She looks nice (of course objectively speaking), has nice animation etc etc. Gameplay wise... meh. Sevaghot at least had 2 nice abilities. RJ, mechs are like this, reskin of something. Even Ghoul saw (not yet introduced) may be like this*

To be honest it's more "fun" to go to Simulacrum to study AI than to farm new Tenet weapons (I've got Tenet Exec with wrong element but I don't feel like grabbing another 40; rest are boring/bad).

It's not very useful but it's easier to do than fixing stuffs or introducing new content.

* Some time ago I've seen Ghoul saw in development. It had animation where it rides on enemies. In actual gameplay it's just like any other melees - not affecting enemies till some, very short time.

Rolling taking effects of bullet jump mods (like +X fire on bullet jump) would be nice... but as mods.

“Yareli looks nice, objectively speaking” that’s subjective. WTH is a ghoul saw, and Yareli is (in my opinion) quite bad, but at least she DOES SOMETHING. She has STATS. Roll animations and bullet jump animations is solely for appearance, and they don’t really have any effects (except for those firewalker and elemental bullet jump mods, if those were installed then yeah) except moving foward. Just move foward, travel distances, why make it complicated with animations? I don’t even use any animations because the last time I did, I got stuck in the railjack’s driver seat and my friend had to solo the whole thing with arching because we couldn’t move the rail jack.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

“Yareli looks nice, objectively speaking” that’s subjective.

Should I said "well done"? I don't mean your or mine taste. I mean how she fit into cute-esque idol theme. By looking at her you can say that it's made by Profesional.

13 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

WTH is a ghoul saw,

Ghoul saw will be new weapon that will be released tomorrow in the new event... Plague star afair.

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Yareli is (in my opinion) quite bad, but at least she DOES SOMETHING.

But are you going to use her if you can pick any frame (+Helminth)? Aquablades barely kills anything. 4th moves enemies around. 2nd restricts you and don't give you anything good in return. Her 1st... yeah, fine... but there are much better abilities.

It does something but is there a reason to use her? I like freestyle stuffs (freestyle motocross etc) but this frame don't even give me this.

20 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Roll animations and bullet jump animations is solely for appearance, and they don’t really have any effects except moving foward. Just move foward, travel distances, why make it complicated with animations? I don’t even use any animations because the last time I did, I got stuck in the railjack’s driver seat and my friend had to solo the whole thing with arching because we couldn’t move the rail jack.

Again, it's personal taste. I'm not going to argue about it.

If I haven't explained it well then let me explain it again. Lot of the content that were introduced "recently" is not something complex. Animations are easy to do (even as side project) and they can be reused. That's why I think they will more likely do some roll/jump animations than fix bugs or introduce new unique stuffs.

... not that we will see those animations :D

5 minutes ago, quxier said:

Should I said "well done"? I don't mean your or mine taste. I mean how she fit into cute-esque idol theme. By looking at her you can say that it's made by Profesional.

Ghoul saw will be new weapon that will be released tomorrow in the new event... Plague star afair.

But are you going to use her if you can pick any frame (+Helminth)? Aquablades barely kills anything. 4th moves enemies around. 2nd restricts you and don't give you anything good in return. Her 1st... yeah, fine... but there are much better abilities.

It does something but is there a reason to use her? I like freestyle stuffs (freestyle motocross etc) but this frame don't even give me this.

Again, it's personal taste. I'm not going to argue about it.

If I haven't explained it well then let me explain it again. Lot of the content that were introduced "recently" is not something complex. Animations are easy to do (even as side project) and they can be reused. That's why I think they will more likely do some roll/jump animations than fix bugs or introduce new unique stuffs.

... not that we will see those animations :D

I know that it won’t come anyway but I think that instead of fixing 1 bug by the time 10 new content has arrived, the older stuff should actually be made enjoyable first. Is there a reason to use her? Yes: if you  want to. She does something, even if she’s at the bottom of the ladder. If you want to learn her, like her vibe, if you WANT to use it, then use Yareli then. If new rolling/bullet jump animations give something like temporary immunity to all damage, or temporary stealth then yes, nice. But with no difference, same speed and usefulness as a regular bullet jump/roll just for appearance, may as well stick to a ACTUAL BULLET JUMP or a ACTUAL ROLL. 

This should be added and give the roll animations that warframes already have for free when you build them. The jumping and bullet jumping maybe not, the only warframe that has a different jumping animation is Valkyr in her Hysteria when double jumping, as she does a Sonic-style roll in the air, and the bugs of implementing different jumps and bullet jumps aren't worth it. But yeah, the roll animations can be changed. Limbo, Hildryn, Wisp, Titania Prime, Xaku and Sevagoth have custom rolling animations, I can't see why these animations can't be placed in other warframes.

And if you say because "Hildryn has her helicopter shoulders" or "Xaku literally disassembles and assembles when rolling", those helicopter shoulders aren't an issue, Helminth proved it, and Xaku standing animations work in other warframes, they just don't have the detachable parts.

Archived