Infested-themed Arsenal

To go alongside Nidus Prime, I need some suggestions on decent infested weapons that can still pull its weight in Steel Path for PrimarySecondary and Melee.

For Primary, I've already got the Bubinico and Proboscis Cernos.

Haven't got a clue what decent infested secondary weapons are available.

I'm thinking of the Caustacyst for melee.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Hirudo is amazing for a face tank melee frame, but for general purposes I would go for Cerata + Zymos + Bubonico (my future infested build will have those for "reasons") or the new Kitguns from Deimos + Cerata/Hirudo. Apparently Caustacyst is very good but it's too damn slow for my taste.

I've find the Catabolyst doing more single target damage, especially on headshots, than a Kuva Nukor, only taking 1~2 seconds to kill a lvl 155 heavy gunner

I suggest you put an ammo conversion mod on it tho, it burns through ammo extremely fast

Zymos is a pretty nasty secondary which makes insect burrowing noises while making heads explode

Lesion is infested while being decent but you'll need some gladiator mods to make it so it crits more often or arcane avenger

• Like 2

I already have a "swarm" build which makes literal swarm of maggots.

The bubonico and proboscis cernos are good ,

Not a lot of good infested secondaries though , but catobolyst can manage steel path well enough on a typical build and the grenade is nice when you bunch up enemies, I personally like the tysis (amazing damage with galvanized mods and arcanes) can usually one or two shot enemies cause of all the status.

The pathocyst is great and so is the cerata heavy build especially with nidus larva for melee.

Bonus : Helminth charger with all the set mods makes almost everything powerful (if tou can keep it alive) 

• Like 1

Not a huge fan of thrown melee to be honest.

The Caustacyst seems to get a lot of hate because of its low crit chance. Could you not build it purely on many different elemental damage and zero focus on crits?

Building the Catabolyst weapon now. It adds a nice variety to have a beam weapon alongside a Primary shotgun or bow.

12 hours ago, CrimsonDarkLord said:

Haven't got a clue what decent infested secondary weapons are available.

I'm thinking of the Caustacyst for melee.

Thanks in advance!

not really keen on most infested secondaries, but Catabolyst is decent. personally I favour Dual Toxocyst, but it requires some measure of skill to keep getting headshots. if you do though, the results are awesome, especially with galvanized mods and the new Arcanes. 

for melee, there's a lot of good choices, but I quite like the Dual Ichor; they're fast with Swirling Tiger and have always been great crit melees, essentially like an infested version of the Dual Cleavers. Lesion is also a favourite as I like Polearms. most min-maxers might suggest a glaive like Cerata or Pathocyst if you have it, or Hirudo for the health regen, but for a straight up general purpose melee to kill things en-masse, I favour those two.

other good options include Caustacyst ( not a big scythe fan though), Infested kitguns and Plague Zaws if you have one.