Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dead drop race

(PSN)syberthug75

The dead drop race is impossible now and way to hard for a useless piece of Mr fodder I just spent hours doing that race and now that I can't even skip 1 single gate it's garbage no one is an expert on these useless things so please stop designing things that it would take a pro to do. I now will always be missing 6k master rank because I will not subject myself to that this kind of unfair play I would like to see all of the community streamers do this race as is without them practicing for days. It's just a mess of a race

Is dead drop the one where you jump the massive gap?  Everyone kept telling me you have to use archwing to get across that gap but I cleared it my first run on my board without issue.

The main Deimos specific issue I encountered is that there are race sections that require grinding and the grinding on Deimos barely functions even with the mods that assist it.  The internal mechanics are just broken or poorly implemented on Deimos.

My issue with Kdrive, especially on Deimos is the poor collision detection and awful physics.  You hit one invisible pixel and go flying off your board and go ragdolling through the air in slow motion for hundreds of meters.  On a board that hovers you can hit a pebble and go flying like you have wheels and hit something with one of them.  The exaggerated physics are not only awful on top of the frustration of bad terrain and collision detection, but they don't even fit the universe.  My super agile frame that can practically fly can't do any kind of an air recovery to get out of this excruciatingly long animation?  Seriously?

All the frames are super strong, super fast, super dexterous gods right up until DE doesn't want them to be and suddenly we go from being able to fly and tear apart giant robots with our bare hands to "My invisible wheels bumped a thing and my hands don't work so I couldn't reach out to grab anything and I don't know how to move my body so I'm just going to Family Guy Corpse my way through the air in slow motion for very literally over 20 seconds.  Enjoy the wait."  It's BS.

That jump is easy though, if you have the mod for double jump.  It's sort of crappy that they build races that kind of require you to have Kdrive mods when most players want as little to do with Kdrive as possible, but that's how they do.

Read the topic and looked up the race location to go in blind. Failed the first attempt because I wasn't expecting to need to jump at the end of the "Dead Drop" grind and fell into the valley, but cleared it the second run. Overall a really fun race actually. Worst case scenario if you're struggling with the grind you could maybe fly over the root and deploy the K-drive to fall into the bubble and then jump off and redeploy again on the otherside of the gap.

• 9 months later...
On 2021-09-08 at 11:57 AM, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

Is dead drop the one where you jump the massive gap?  Everyone kept telling me you have to use archwing to get across that gap but I cleared it my first run on my board without issue.

The main Deimos specific issue I encountered is that there are race sections that require grinding and the grinding on Deimos barely functions even with the mods that assist it.  The internal mechanics are just broken or poorly implemented on Deimos.

My issue with Kdrive, especially on Deimos is the poor collision detection and awful physics.  You hit one invisible pixel and go flying off your board and go ragdolling through the air in slow motion for hundreds of meters.  On a board that hovers you can hit a pebble and go flying like you have wheels and hit something with one of them.  The exaggerated physics are not only awful on top of the frustration of bad terrain and collision detection, but they don't even fit the universe.  My super agile frame that can practically fly can't do any kind of an air recovery to get out of this excruciatingly long animation?  Seriously?

All the frames are super strong, super fast, super dexterous gods right up until DE doesn't want them to be and suddenly we go from being able to fly and tear apart giant robots with our bare hands to "My invisible wheels bumped a thing and my hands don't work so I couldn't reach out to grab anything and I don't know how to move my body so I'm just going to Family Guy Corpse my way through the air in slow motion for very literally over 20 seconds.  Enjoy the wait."  It's BS.

That jump is easy though, if you have the mod for double jump.  It's sort of crappy that they build races that kind of require you to have Kdrive mods when most players want as little to do with Kdrive as possible, but that's how they do.

k-drive build and modding?

On 2022-07-09 at 1:02 AM, (XBOX)Eye0fTyphoon said:

k-drive build and modding?

Bro, you're responding to a comment that is almost a year old.  I have no idea what my build was at the time, but it was probably the boost speed mod, double jump and reduced fall speed, if I'm even remembering the mods correctly.  I don't know if they stuck the bulletjump replacement that they stuck on Merulina on normal Kdrives, but if they did then it should be even easier to clear.

And your actual Kdrive build doesn't matter because all those parts do the exact same thing.  Unless they've changed it in the last few months.  The only thing that matters is mods.  And if you aren't clearing that jump, it's because you either aren't building up enough momentum before hitting the jump, are jumping off in the wrong spot, or are wasting your double jump instead of timing it better.  Or you haven't modded your board at all.

Kdrives suck, but that jump isn't even an issue compared to all the other glaring flaws in the deimos races.

On 2022-07-11 at 11:01 AM, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

Bro, you're responding to a comment that is almost a year old.  I have no idea what my build was at the time, but it was probably the boost speed mod, double jump and reduced fall speed, if I'm even remembering the mods correctly.  I don't know if they stuck the bulletjump replacement that they stuck on Merulina on normal Kdrives, but if they did then it should be even easier to clear.

And your actual Kdrive build doesn't matter because all those parts do the exact same thing.  Unless they've changed it in the last few months.  The only thing that matters is mods.  And if you aren't clearing that jump, it's because you either aren't building up enough momentum before hitting the jump, are jumping off in the wrong spot, or are wasting your double jump instead of timing it better.  Or you haven't modded your board at all.

Kdrives suck, but that jump isn't even an issue compared to all the other glaring flaws in the deimos races.

tyvm

• 7 months later...
On 2/23/2023 at 12:30 PM, iPathos said:

Double necro'd post, wow.

It's because Kdrives are awful and unfinished, and yet get constantly shoehorned into the game like they're a popular, polished piece of content.  And because if you chase MR, you have to run these races and level these Kdrives, and it's really hard to not issue complaints about how horrible they can be.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

It's because Kdrives are awful and unfinished, and yet get constantly shoehorned into the game like they're a popular, polished piece of content.  And because if you chase MR, you have to run these races and level these Kdrives, and it's really hard to not issue complaints about how horrible they can be.

I had no issue with them personally, I adopted them on introduction and use them infrequently but steadily.

I do agree that the system could use some love, especially with the consideration that there's a frame based around the idea.

• 2 weeks later...

It helps to put Magus Drive on your Operator and Void Sling to a gate if you miss one, then drop the K-Drive and go through it. More K-Drive speed, and properly aimed Void Slings shouold get you next to the gate.

Granted, it is only 6k mastery fodder, so unless you are pushing Legendary 3 (which should be available for non-Founders with the next update after Hildryn Prime that adds items for mastery), this is a rather moot point, tbh.

Il y a 22 heures, (PSN)SlyFox5679 a dit :

I thought the race was too much of a headache and didn't bother after about an hour or two of attempts said screw it and moved on.

I should make a proper guide about this some day. Things needs to be demistified.

It's not as bad as people think it is, and doable with the base one, if you stay calm, no need to be fancy, jump only went you need. Use the camera as your main direction tool. While grinding rails, follow the line of the said rail with your camera.  Always boost, as it gives you better mobility. 

Other stuff that might help :

-Poppin vert and speed mods, if you have access to these

- velocipod skin or wild ones : as they're higher, they can go over more obstacles, however they are more slippery. Note that the wild white and blue ones naturally have a different speed bonus (the white ones are the fastest).

- Yareli : build in poppin'vert, very hard to trip up with Merulina, the ability to go in an out operator easily ( it's supposed to work on normal k-drives but it's not working for controllers atm, at least on PC )

You can do it, I'm sure. sometimes it's worth taking a pause and come back later with a fresh mind.

Anyway, here is the path with a modless k-drive :

Archived