Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo in Steel Path?

BethTheBean

Question

Good morning.

I'm having some trouble during SP missions, where you need to defend an objective. I was trying Frost Globe builds, but he's not cutting it.

I was wondering if anyone is using Limbo in SP, and how is he fairing? I would love to give him a try, so I need your help/suggestions.

Thank you in advance.

25 answers to this question

Works the same as in regular. Cant take a hit, but if you're being hit as Limbo you're playing him wrong. 

As usual take the Miter and augment to fend up nully bubbles and you're good.

Long duration Banish is excellent for rescue, though I use that on Loki as I can hack while in is and not get shot up

10 hours ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Absolutely! Except that you forgot to mention that the Flechette orb can also attack nullifier bubbles, eventually popping them.

9 hours ago, (XBOX)maledicus GER said:

This!

I played Vauban when he was in a bad state but allways liked him. Now he is a beast against everything with armor ALSO the stalker guys in SP. The Bastille strips armor in seconds permanently.

I replaced Photon Strike with Rhinos Roar for some extra dmg.

I appreciate players who value frames off of different gameplay playstyles. On the other hand, I feel disappointed when people value frames based off of one thing over everything else in their kit:

• Titania

People may call her "manual Mesa", but Razorwing isn't her only thing. Even Spellbind and Lantern can keep up in higher levels if used properly. In other words, Support Titania can be still effective even in the Steel Path and Arbitrations if you know the in and outs of Lantern in particular.

• Equinox

Maim isn't her only thing. One of the more challenging aspect about her is the proper usage of her Augments. Duality (mind the concidence) is the perfect Augment, encouraging players to keep switching between forms rather than just rely on one form the entire time as a example.

• Xaku

Players just value one common combination of Grasp of Lohk and the Vast Untime. That tactic won't singlehandedly deal with the Steel Path, especially against the Grineer. Like Revenant, Xaku can use Accuse to divert fire away from them onto Accused (converted) enemies. Deny, even if it can't kill will suspend the enemies into the air. This becomes more potent against Kuva Liches and Sisters, as the Vast Untime suspends for the duration of the rest of the duration.

EDIT: Any enemies converted into an ally will lose their health/damage bonuses (Sortie, Steel Path). The overly tanky enemies in the Steel Path when converted will lose all those 250% Health bonuses, making them much easier to kill.

Sure, I understand that people will personally cater to one playstyle, but it's so stale and monotone. People are missing out on other unique playstyle different frames offer by focusing on just a few or even one feature. That's why I don't like Mesa; she lacks any variety in her playstyle even compared to Titania.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Duality52:

Bastille strips armor by percent

Flechette Orb scales with the enemy's level, complementing with Bastille being able to strip armor while holding enemies in place.

This!

I played Vauban when he was in a bad state but allways liked him. Now he is a beast against everything with armor ALSO the stalker guys in SP. The Bastille strips armor in seconds permanently.

I replaced Photon Strike with Rhinos Roar for some extra dmg.

38 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

I recommend that you do not sleep on Vauban's other abilities or just value him solely off of his Vortex.

Tesla Nervos are a set-and-forget, but offer decent CC nonetheless for its price. Coupled with Tesla Bank, it can become deadly against the Corpus and Infested. Grineer and Corrupted Grineer will need their armor stripped first.

Bastille strips armor by percent, and it can effectively lasts twice as long if you convert the Bastille into a Vortex near the last of its duration.

Flechette Orb scales with the enemy's level, complementing with Bastille being able to strip armor while holding enemies in place.

It's only Photon Strike and Vector Pad you don't need to worry much about, but regardless, Vauban's main values isn't just solely Vortex as most people view him.

Absolutely! Except that you forgot to mention that the Flechette orb can also attack nullifier bubbles, eventually popping them.

Limbo's greatest asset in the Steel Path is Rift Torrent. If you catch enough enemies with the Surge, you can easily blitz through the enhanced overall effective health of the enemies. That being said, that requires a bit of setup along with being aware of any Nullifiers and Ancient Disruptors. While Limbo can deal with any Mobile Defense/Excavation missions with ease, have a way to deal with the Acolytes since their abilities will bypass the Rift.

On 2021-09-06 at 10:01 PM, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

However, do try Vauban instead. As long as you put some range on his wormhole, the enemies will simply get sucked into it before they start shooting at the objective.

I recommend that you do not sleep on Vauban's other abilities or just value him solely off of his Vortex.

Tesla Nervos are a set-and-forget, but offer decent CC nonetheless for its price. Coupled with Tesla Bank, it can become deadly against the Corpus and Infested. Grineer and Corrupted Grineer will need their armor stripped first.

Bastille strips armor by percent, and it can effectively lasts twice as long if you convert the Bastille into a Vortex near the last of its duration.

It's only Photon Strike and Vector Pad you don't need to worry much about, but regardless, Vauban's main values isn't just solely Vortex as most people view him.

On 2021-09-09 at 8:10 AM, Lutesque said:

You do know that Defense Missions are not actually about defending anything right ?  they are Stationery Exterminations in disguise :P !  if you're going to use Limbo in  Steel Path then I bet you will fare better using a High Range High Powered Rift Torrent Build.

Didn't you use Rift Surge to stop this from happening ? :O !!

I think this is what I did, I also used The Tether's to help keep the Enemie's manageable, although sometime it only made things worse because they are sooooo weak :( !!!

Again... doesn't Rift Surge in this situation ? :O

Rift surge = rebanish = freeze (if you casted stasis) then you’ll have time to recast Catalysm. The guy I just quoted told me a detailed explanation on how to use rift surge in another thread so look at it if you want to know, but anyway, yeah you didn’t use rift surge. I could be wrong, but I find it much easier to kill enemies when I cast rift surge, because they get some sort of damage vulnerability I think because I killed them noticeably faster when they are surged

On 2021-09-07 at 6:46 AM, GrazeZeroLow said:

Good morning.

I'm having some trouble during SP missions, where you need to defend an objective. I was trying Frost Globe builds, but he's not cutting it.

I was wondering if anyone is using Limbo in SP, and how is he fairing? I would love to give him a try, so I need your help/suggestions.

Thank you in advance.

You do know that Defense Missions are not actually about defending anything right ?  they are Stationery Exterminations in disguise :P !  if you're going to use Limbo in  Steel Path then I bet you will fare better using a High Range High Powered Rift Torrent Build.

On 2021-09-07 at 7:01 AM, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

When I was first doing SP, I had an issue with corpus - not because of nullifiers but because they would gun me or the objective down as I was recasting cataclysm. But that was mainly because I hadn't figured out suitable weapons for the content yet.

Didn't you use Rift Surge to stop this from happening ? :O !!

On 2021-09-07 at 7:01 AM, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

However, do try Vauban instead. As long as you put some range on his wormhole, the enemies will simply get sucked into it before they start shooting at the objective.

I think this is what I did, I also used The Tether's to help keep the Enemie's manageable, although sometime it only made things worse because they are sooooo weak :( !!!

On 2021-09-07 at 8:02 PM, (PSN)bigbad771 said:

I used Limbo for defences against grineer and infested only as they have no nullifiers to worry about, natural talent speeds up the casting enough so you shouldn't die while recasting your cataclysm,

Again... doesn't Rift Surge in this situation ? :O

Limbo is great for SP imo, stick a rolling guard on him and you're set. Def., M. Def., Capture, Rescue, Interception very easy to do with Limbo. And yes, he's doing just fine against Corpus too, just use banish instead of cata, although I'd suggest Khora for Corpus instead.

Plenty of good suggestions here, especially if you want to diversify your play style.

However I’d like to address the original point where the OP is struggling with Frost + Globe. I personally soloed the entire Steel Path after the Sisters update hit (was boring so didn’t bother with it beforehand) and Frost Prime is super easy mode for me on all the MobDef/Def/Excav nodes.

I’d suggest you take another look at your loadout, you probably overlooked something prior to heading into the mission and made it more difficult for yourself. I changed the strength/range of mine depending on the faction at hand - and deal with stuff like Nullifiers and Bombards directly.

44 minutes ago, (PSN)bigbad771 said:

I used Limbo for defences against grineer and infested only as they have no nullifiers to worry about, natural talent speeds up the casting enough so you shouldn't die while recasting your cataclysm, range and duration with an aoe weapon and you can stand in the centre and take out the enemies at the edge of the cataclysm quite easily. If the cataclysm is getting too small just colapse it and recast to keep enemies at a safe distance. Acolytes are a problem as none of your abilities effect them, but if you're just clearing the star chart and you're solo just let it kill you and go back to defending the target, better than trying to fight and the enemies destroy the objective. The only other thing is the sentients on lua, they again are not effected by your abilities and if they get anywhere near the objective when they go into their disco ball move it's mission over, so if you can don't go anywhere near the occulusts and they won't appear.

Limbo is also great for rescues just go into the rift and run to the prisoner, once they're free put them in the rift with your 1 and run to the exit, easy.

Nyx was my choice for corpus and corrupted, as long as you keep chaos up they ignore the defence target and just fight among themselves. They group up as they fight so when you see a group of enemies just strip defences with your 2 and jump in and kill them all with your melee. I put ensnare on my 1 with the helminth to group enemies faster. Nyx is great for acolytes because you can strip its armour with your 2, just don't take it on longer defence runs as by the 3rd acolyte for some reason they become imune to nyx's 2 and you can't strip their armour, this seems to be a bug with nyx as I haven't found any other frames abilities that stop working on acolytes after a couple of appearances.

These were just my 2 easy mode frames for clearing steel path defences solo, they just meant I could do the node once and move on. Although they are a pretty slow way of doing them, they are pretty safe.

Try Miter + Augment on Limbo as your primary weapon. It is working wonders, paired with Rolling Guard. Nullifiers won't bother you ever again.

I used Limbo for defences against grineer and infested only as they have no nullifiers to worry about, natural talent speeds up the casting enough so you shouldn't die while recasting your cataclysm, range and duration with an aoe weapon and you can stand in the centre and take out the enemies at the edge of the cataclysm quite easily. If the cataclysm is getting too small just colapse it and recast to keep enemies at a safe distance. Acolytes are a problem as none of your abilities effect them, but if you're just clearing the star chart and you're solo just let it kill you and go back to defending the target, better than trying to fight and the enemies destroy the objective. The only other thing is the sentients on lua, they again are not effected by your abilities and if they get anywhere near the objective when they go into their disco ball move it's mission over, so if you can don't go anywhere near the occulusts and they won't appear.

Limbo is also great for rescues just go into the rift and run to the prisoner, once they're free put them in the rift with your 1 and run to the exit, easy.

Nyx was my choice for corpus and corrupted, as long as you keep chaos up they ignore the defence target and just fight among themselves. They group up as they fight so when you see a group of enemies just strip defences with your 2 and jump in and kill them all with your melee. I put ensnare on my 1 with the helminth to group enemies faster. Nyx is great for acolytes because you can strip its armour with your 2, just don't take it on longer defence runs as by the 3rd acolyte for some reason they become imune to nyx's 2 and you can't strip their armour, this seems to be a bug with nyx as I haven't found any other frames abilities that stop working on acolytes after a couple of appearances.

These were just my 2 easy mode frames for clearing steel path defences solo, they just meant I could do the node once and move on. Although they are a pretty slow way of doing them, they are pretty safe.

Limbo with a good range / duration is good for pretty much all SP def, except corpus, and a small bubble works fine for corpus excavation. I found Octavia worked well there. Vaubans your go to for interception. Wukong and cloudwalker for any mission you just need to run through (spys/capture/rescue). Xakus good for exterminate types as he has his def strip and is great in all infested missions as his grasp of Lokh guns obliterate infested.

Limbo with rift surge+ catacalysm +stasis and decent range and duration will work well , you may want to slot in rolling guard for the rare times you are not in the rift.

I would rather suggest a frame like vauban to bunch them up (depends on the map though) and then use weapons. 

Volt can also act as a good defender and damage dealer (bonus if you have capacitance to give shields)

9 minutes ago, iHeuksal said:

Well, since people explained some methods of using Limbo (with his Cataclysm augment + Mag's Pull ability working wonders, btw - infinite duration on Cataclysm method), I was cocky enough giving an alternative one, which was for me way easier to maintain during defense (and also any other) missions.

Her 4th ability, Tornado, will also lift enemies up - a single Stropha charge shot will result into millions of damage, literally capping any enemy type's health bar there (except Nox due to ridiculous damage reduction, but still able to kill them easily). Also any kind of electricity weapon does a great job (Fulmin the best, imo).

Sounds fun using Zepher that way, it's nice to use other frames in different ways I hate being stuck to a couple, yeah I have a setup on my fulmin with 4954 Electricity and 430 Impact it's fun. :devil:

1 minute ago, Slayer-. said:

Cool idea, never thought about that way, I might have to try it. 👍

Well, since people explained some methods of using Limbo (with his Cataclysm augment + Mag's Pull ability working wonders, btw - infinite duration on Cataclysm method), I was cocky enough giving an alternative one, which was for me way easier to maintain during defense (and also any other) missions.

Her 4th ability, Tornado, will also lift enemies up - a single Stropha charge shot will result into millions of damage, literally capping any enemy type's health bar there (except Nox due to ridiculous damage reduction, but still able to kill them easily). Also any kind of electricity weapon does a great job (Fulmin the best, imo).

8 minutes ago, iHeuksal said:

Defense with a Zephyr is a guaranteed win.

Why?

Because of Turbulence. Decent range (145% for example) and you will never get yourself, your sentinel or your defense objective hit, ever.

Only thing being left is you just nuking them away with something like Bramma, Kuva Zarr, Glaive Prime or whatever.

Cool idea, never thought about that way, I might have to try it. 👍

Defense with a Zephyr is a guaranteed win.

Why?

Because of Turbulence. Decent range (145% for example) and you will never get yourself, your sentinel or your defense objective hit, ever.

Only thing being left is you just nuking them away with something like Bramma, Kuva Zarr, Glaive Prime or whatever.

To be honest, Limbo is extremely squishy. Not that good for SP….. hold on I think there’s a——

BUT!  BUT, he can seriously wreck SP if you use him wright. So what you wanna do if you are going solo is 1, use a max range max duration build, maximum energy and a little bit tanky, because too squishy is just bad. So, if you get in a pickle or wanna defend something, use catalysm+Stasis, it can save your life. Not only that, but attempt some banish/catalysm+rift surge combos. It will keep the enemies in the rift indefinitely, and slowly you’ll imprison every enemy in the rift. 2, if you need some breathing time or if your shields are about to go down or if you low on energy, rift walk and breathe for a minute. Come back as soon as your done. 3, bring some killer gear such as Ignis wraith, Kuva Zarr, etc. But if your in a map with nullifiers then he’ll be a bit disabled. Nullifiers are priority targets when it comes to limbo. Use limbo, because use Catalysm, then boom. You got a gigantic crack in space and time that can freeze and keep enemies in the rift indefinitely. 

Limbo works great in Steel Path, I used him a few times doing the Mobile Defence and Defence Missions, I used a Gaze kitgun so it killed the enemies at the edge of the dome.

When using against Grineer for Defence I just went the lazy option of a large bubble, I used an arcane on my Operator called Magus Anomaly, Grineer are well known for standing back and just shooting so it helped pull them into the edge of my bubble to kill them.

When I used him against the Corpus I used a small bubble and made sure I had the Miter with me with Neutralizing Justice on it to pop the null bubbles, standing away from the objective in the rift I was able to recast on the Mobile Defence target.

You could also try Khora I used her as well with a large Strangledome.

I did try Loki out in a Corpus Mobile Defense and Defence with a Radial Disarm build, that way the enemies would need to come to the objective to kill it, use melee or a gun that can link targets and mass kill them fast.

Plenty of options out there and some things I tried were out there, I used Loki to kill the Steel Path Ropalyst to my surprise. :surprised:

Edit:
Forgot to mention I did all my Steel Path Solo.

Limbo is still pretty good at locking down the area - enemy level does not matter much if they are all frozen in stasis. You just need to be able to kill the enemies fast enough to clear the area before stasis expires.

When I was first doing SP, I had an issue with corpus - not because of nullifiers but because they would gun me or the objective down as I was recasting cataclysm. But that was mainly because I hadn't figured out suitable weapons for the content yet.

Archived