Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please add a long jump after running, and make running look more natural when increasing the speed through mods

Aguzo

Please add a long jump after running. Currently, one of the fastest ways to move around is to spin jump, roll in the air, and repeat. That looks really goofy.

AdeptMenacingBarnowl-size_restricted.gif

Also, please make the running look more natural when we increase the speed through mods.

What our frames look like when using sprint speed mods.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611a17e895bbd0e198f78

I feel like their running animation should slow down, so they look like they're taking bigger leaps to increase their speed, by having more power from their legs.

1 minute ago, NekroArts said:

It's not, let go of sprint and tap crouch + space.

Thanks for this info. I hope they remove the spinning from this long jump.

6 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

just tap slide right when you hit jump?

This makes me roll in the air, and it's slower than the spinning jump. I just want the long jump to be more immersive by removing the spin.

13 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Er. Why?

Why do we spin? I don't think our frames dodge bullets from doing it. Could be wrong though.

5 minutes ago, Aguzo said:

Why do we spin? I don't think our frames dodge bullets from doing it. Could be wrong though.

🤔 I don’t think we have any benefits to evasion from bulletjumping, no; that mainly comes from the wallhop as far as I know.

I’m guessing ultimately the bulletjump spin was an aesthetic choice, and changing it to a straight big jump would not really affect it aside from how it looks/feels

edit: Actually, are we able to shoot while bulletjumping? I feel like we aren’t, which potentially means there’s a mechanics excuse for spinning instead of simply jumping. Hrm

14 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

🤔 I don’t think we have any benefits to evasion from bulletjumping, no; that mainly comes from the wallhop as far as I know.

I’m guessing ultimately the bulletjump spin was an aesthetic choice, and changing it to a straight big jump would not really affect it aside from how it looks/feels

edit: Actually, are we able to shoot while bulletjumping? I feel like we aren’t, which potentially means there’s a mechanics excuse for spinning instead of simply jumping. Hrm

No, after what @NekroArts posted, it seems the spinning is for the jump after crouching. It was probably done for aesthetic purposes on the vertical leap. The horizontal jump having the spin is just because you're character is facing that direction. So I guess the request should be to just add a long jump after running.

1 minute ago, Aguzo said:

No, after what @NekroArts posted, it seems the spinning is for the jump after crouching. It was probably done for aesthetic purposes on the vertical leap. The horizontal jump having the spin is just because you're character is facing that direction. So I guess the request should be to just add a long jump after running.

Ah, gotcha 👍

17 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

All manoeuvres will provide various levels of a hidden stat called "evasion", aimgliding is the greatest, but bullet jumping does provide a certain degree of protection

19 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

You can shoot whilst bullet jumping and it will interrupt the spin. Also aiming right after triggering a bullet jump will interrupt it too

23 minutes ago, Aguzo said:

This makes me roll in the air, and it's slower than the spinning jump. I just want the long jump to be more immersive by removing the spin.

If the crouch button is making you roll i assume you are using a controller, when performing the quick bullet jump you will want to press the jump button before releasing the crouch button.
The game doesn't really care if you are actually sliding or crouching, it just cares that you are pressing the button, practice the sequence:
press crouch > jump > release crouch
Once you get good at it, you should be quick enough that the sliding animation does not even appear before the jump.

11 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

If the crouch button is making you roll i assume you are using a controller, when performing the quick bullet jump you will want to press the jump button before releasing the crouch button.
The game doesn't really care if you are actually sliding or crouching, it just cares that you are pressing the button, practice the sequence:
press crouch > jump > release crouch
Once you get good at it, you should be quick enough that the sliding animation does not even appear before the jump.

Maybe it's the way I worded it, but I'm not talking about the sliding. The horizontal spin is what I mean.

Edit: Either way, I changed the initial request, since it makes no sense to remove the spin from it, due it possibly being more of an aesthetic for the vertical jump.

3 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

All manoeuvres will provide various levels of a hidden stat called "evasion", aimgliding is the greatest, but bullet jumping does provide a certain degree of protection

You can shoot whilst bullet jumping and it will interrupt the spin. Also aiming right after triggering a bullet jump will interrupt it too

Cool cool. I always found the Wiki a little ambiguous in its attribution of evasion statistics to manoeuvres (mainly reading the Manoeuvres page [also, the wiki says to Hold jump to wall dash, but tapping jump on the beat offers so much more control]).

Alright, I was misremembering about the shooting while bulletjumping. Was going to test in-game once I got the chance, but no need to now 👍 

27 minutes ago, Aguzo said:

Maybe it's the way I worded it, but I'm not talking about the sliding. The horizontal spin is what I mean.

OHHH
I (and a bunch of others, I assume) thought you meant you didn't want to have slide/crouch before bullet jumping!
You are after another type of quick movement altogether?

I'm perfectly happy with the hippety-hoppity movement of warframe, anything that lets be feel like clone wars 2003 mace windu is alright in my books.

On 2021-09-07 at 2:36 AM, Aguzo said:

Currently, one of the fastest ways to move around is to spin jump, roll in the air, and repeat. That looks really goofy.

It makes it look unique. And IMO it's fluid enough that it looks cool, and I doubt any other maneuver would look less "goofy".

In video games control >>>>>> realism. And I think that's pretty clear when you look at something like the old Archwing controls compared to what we have now. Though if you're just asking for a alternative bullet jump animation, and not a new maneuver, then that's a different story I guess.

4 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

Though if you're just asking for a alternative bullet jump animation, and not a new maneuver, then that's a different story I guess.

Nope, I'm asking the devs to make a new long jump when running, which is equivalent to spin jump>roll>repeat. I'd also like for them to slow the animation speed when using speed boost mods.

33 minutes ago, Aguzo said:

Nope, I'm asking the devs to make a new long jump when running, which is equivalent to spin jump>roll>repeat.

I'd say no then, we don't need to two maneuvers that do the same thing. As when you jump while running, it's usually to air-brake your momentum, not accelerate it.

What you find aesthetically preferably doesn't matter when it comes with so many negatives. With the main one being that the only way I'd imagine you could make a normal jump happen, is if you had no movement inputs active. Which would be hell for players that use analog sticks, and needlessly annoying on keyboard.

Considering that the parkour and beautiful animations is part of what sets Warframe apart from other games, I would be interested to see some additional movement animations available. It may not come out exactly the way OP is suggesting, but sounds like something the DE Art Team would already be interested in pursuing in the future.

I'm all for having new parkour movements to add to my repertoier!

OlDMQXp.gif

1 hour ago, KitMeHarder said:

we don't need to two maneuvers that do the same thing

why not? It looks better, makes more sense, and it isn't gonna take anything away

1 hour ago, LillyRaccune said:

Considering that the parkour and beautiful animations is part of what sets Warframe apart from other games, I would be interested to see some additional movement animations available. It may not come out exactly the way OP is suggesting, but sounds like something the DE Art Team would already be interested in pursuing in the future.

I'm all for having new parkour movements to add to my repertoier!

Exactly. I don't understand why a lot of people on here don't like anything new being added to the game, when it's not removing anything else. I mostly lurk on here from time to time, but I always see this community getting tired of the same things, and yet, also not letting the game evolve.

If they want to spin jump, they still can. Meanwhile, I wanna do long jumps from running, like Luigi

n64_mario_long_jumping_by_transparentjig

I'm not against new animations as long as you're not slowed down by them. I don't want to have to recover from every big jump I make. Slide and rolls are good to break jumps from higher up.

Also there is the issue of running with guns/ melee that isn't being shown in the Gif. Making more detailed animations while carrying rifles or bows could end up looking worse with clipping and flinging giant guns around like they're paper weight.

On 2021-09-07 at 8:44 AM, Drachnyn said:

just tap slide right when you hit jump?

Not easy to do on Controller since you need to use two fingers if you want to Aim Glide while Sliding...

On 2021-09-07 at 9:01 AM, Aguzo said:

Its Actually faster than Bullet (Spin) Jumping,... but it depends on how you use it...  when you Aim Glide your Warframe will slowly lose momentum, you can give yourself a burst of momentum forward by rolling in mid air, and you can maintain your mid air momentum but Sliding in mid air, the effects are much stronger wehn you equip Parkour Velocity boosting stats into your Build (Telos Boltace, Arcane Agility, Lightning Dash, etc)

On 2021-09-07 at 9:33 AM, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

Also aiming right after triggering a bullet jump will interrupt it too

Its also going to mess with your Upward Momentum :O !!

On 2021-09-07 at 10:02 PM, Leqesai said:

Long jump is something the game absolutely does not need. Warframe already has very strong jump movement control. The devs should focus on fixing the game, not adding stuff like this.

Doesn't matter if its needed... as long as players want it then thats good enough reason to consider it :P !!! besides... if you increase your Sprint Speed then does't your Warframe "Long Jump" already ?

Archived