Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next Update: What I'm Looking Forward to Most

Schwitzer

1 minute ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Then why are you drawing attention to yourself about not seeing yareli on he loadscreen in a thread? Alot for a simple opinion 

Gee, I typed a sentence or two. So much effort! Lol.

In truth, it was in jest. You seem to be under the impression it was some sort of life-altering event for me.

It kinda feels like you're putting more effort into this thread than me. =]

2 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Gara Noble Animation™ has been doing something similar since 2017 but now it's time riot cause Yareli wears a skirt and socks

There is a lot of cringe in  that I can ignore. But Yurelli for one reason or another just makes me shutter every time I see her at the loading screen, especially when she does her emote piece sign.  Idk what it is but maybe it’s because it doesn’t fit the design of WARframe or maybe I’m just not weeb enough..maybe both idk?! Lol 

Just now, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

There is a lot of cringe in Warframe. But Yurelli for one reason or another just makes me shutter every time I see her especially when she does her emote piece sign.  Idk what it is but maybe because it doesn’t fit the design of WARframe or maybe I’m just not weeb enough..maybe both?! Lol 

I don't mind if people don't like it I just think it's just a Lil too much to say she ruined the art of Warframe.

When the concept was shown there wasn't really anyone saying it was ruined only when the idle animations were shown, so I assume it's just the animation that people dislike

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

I don't mind if people don't like it I just think it's just a Lil too much to say she ruined the art of Warframe.

When the concept was shown there wasn't really anyone saying it was ruined only when the idle animations were shown, so I assume it's just the animation that people dislike

For me it’s just the whole animation sequence like the bubbles the hearts the bubble hearts jumping up and down Peace sign tehee it’s too much weeb for me.  But yeah your first comment I can agree with.

I'm looking foward to be closer to the operator "rework" or new system/mechanics. I don't care about anything else, I just want new gameplay stuff for the operator (new arcanes, a way to purchase a one more slot for arcanes, new amps, new void weapos, old parkour on them, anything at this point).

I know DE didn't forgot about operators or something like that, but the last time we got something meaningful for  "operator gameplay" was with Fortuna 2, I'm not counting Deimos because Necramechs doesn't even need to transfer to the operator to get back at the frame or vice versa. Imagine if the last released weapon or gameplay content for warframes was in Fortuna 2... And while, yes, I know "bUt tHy gAmE iZ cAlLeD WAAAAAAAARframe" the operator it's also a vital part of this game. I guess this is what I get for enjoying the most niche gameplay aspect of the game rather than the frames themselves :facepalm:

29 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I'm looking foward to be closer to the operator "rework" or new system/mechanics. I don't care about anything else, I just want new gameplay stuff for the operator (new arcanes, a way to purchase a one more slot for arcanes, new amps, new void weapos, old parkour on them, anything at this point).

I know DE didn't forgot about operators or something like that, but the last time we got something meaningful for  "operator gameplay" was with Fortuna 2, I'm not counting Deimos because Necramechs doesn't even need to transfer to the operator to get back at the frame or vice versa. Imagine if the last released weapon or gameplay content for warframes was in Fortuna 2... And while, yes, I know "bUt tHy gAmE iZ cAlLeD WAAAAAAAARframe" the operator it's also a vital part of this game. I guess this is what I get for enjoying the most niche gameplay aspect of the game rather than the frames themselves :facepalm:

Well probably get something major for operators at the end of new war and with duvuri. Since we've been getting operator abilities mirrorimg their increasing maturity and independence from lotus. Think about it the tenno have been able to move further and further away from their warframes as they rely less on lotus.

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

And you know.. The heart decoration, Eros arrow skin.. Glyphs.. It's not like hearts are alien to the game. 

Yeah but the Candy Cane skin dates from the same time period that people like to point to and say "Warframe used to be grimdark!"

8 hours ago, Schwitzer said:

No longer seeing that damn 'kawaii' Yarella prancing around and doing peace poses on the login screens.

Be gone.

truth. not only that but they did a pretty good job with Nidus Prime, if maybe a little safe (just cover him in some infested-ish looking stuff and a gold arm, that'll do!). 

what I'm not looking forward to is needing the relics and when radshares don't work out, but that's part and parcel of prime farming really. hopefully I'll be lucky this time and get all the parts before the radshares dry up. good luck to everyone else farming him tomorrow as well!

3 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

And you know.. The heart decoration, Eros arrow skin.. Glyphs.. It's not like hearts are alien to the game. 

I mean and still cringe to me. But I mean dark, grudge and serious might be cringe to you. To each their own I guesses 

3 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Gogo Yubari

Didn’t realize that was her name. I mean kinda I guess a little bit maybe.  But the peace sign kick my leg bubble heart tehee weeb stuff isn’t really Gogo tho. Its more final fantasy anime weeb Rikku stuff (shutters) to me anyway. 

Then one day when you're playing Nidus Prime, just chugging along getting stacks and suddenly a Yareli slides into the wall next to you, clips and falls through the map but not before scattering all of the mobs you're trying to build stacks on with her ultimate. And no, they still don't die.

As she tumbles out of sight you hear a faint cry.. "Notice me, senpai"

11 hours ago, Loza03 said:

If I may?

For me it's the specificity, and the fact that it doesn't jive with the established tone that something like 'Kawaii culture' apparently survived untouched in a world where Ninja get mixed up with arachnids, cowgirls use semi-auto's and fairy wings apparently protrude from the rear.

At this point I've stopped caring though. Perhaps the fact that she's such a pain to get that nobody uses her helped, or maybe I've just given up on holding Warframe to the standards it had been. Or I just realised I was telling people to get off my lawn when I'm not even old yet.

I dunno man, something about the katana on my waist, that i crafted in my dojo with statues of Buddha after coming back from buying a tea set from my samurai-caste mentor, in my frame who's based on the protagonist from Journey to the West, while my daikyu finishes building...

... Tells me that this game is no small part inspired by east asian culture.

Personally. Nidus prime is the last on my list, due to that necramech skin being locked behind prime access.

I'm mostly in it for plague star. Its basically the only thing that the free roam in general has that makes it worth it. I love the free roam but damn is there barely any reason at all to go there once your done with focus.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Don't forget the sleigh bell fist skin, Rudolph skin for kubrows, all the event cosmetics, an event where the one of the bosses gets high off a gas leak and has a super soaker fight. But a warframe does a peace sign and everybody panics

7 hours ago, Kaiga said:

I dunno man, something about the katana on my waist, that i crafted in my dojo with statues of Buddha after coming back from buying a tea set from my samurai-caste mentor, in my frame who's based on the protagonist from Journey to the West, while my daikyu finishes building...

... Tells me that this game is no small part inspired by east asian culture.

Oh, that part isn't the problem. Bhuddism, Swords, Tea, Sun Wukong (and monkey gods/spirits in general), Bows - these are all concepts that have survived hundreds or even thousands of years already. They're also usually divorced from their context in Warframe - like the Orokin knew these things were important to the 'old ways' but have no idea why those things are important. Consider that you're as likely to be a rapier wielding Tenno wearing a frame in reference to european fey mythology, and your samurai-caste mentor's boss wore a toga.

Kawaii culture is a specific pop culture trend. I'd be no more happy if they referenced the Iphone or Mickey Mouse, for much the same reason.

Archived