Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it just me or is Valkyr in a saddest of states.

(XBOX)Architect Prime

20 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

Seriously. I never use her anymore. Never use zipline. Don't need warcry. There are weapons that do the same thing as the third ability. The ultimate can't be built for. 

Are there any builds that actually set Valkyr apart as a good frame. 

Maybe she is just not your style?

Her 4th makes her immortal while every attack heals her. Warcry lets you use other mods instead of speed mods (if that's your thing) + it has armor & slowness.

Paralys afair were pretty nice when you need stun enemies while teammates were killing them.

ps. if you think she is bad state then you haven't played Yareli (or Sevagoth... subjective opinion).

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

Yes. My issue isn't survivability. Playing her is just kind of annoying. Maybe it's that her uses were broad at one point whereas she is now very niche. 

So understand. This is a 'you' problem and not a problem with the frame. Pick a different one that is more suited to your playstyle and expectations.

She's technically viable, but it feels like her entire kit is basically "stay in Hysteria for as long as possible". If she's literally invincible then it kinda just makes builds less interesting, and her other abilities are barely worth thinking about compared to just using Hysteria. Ripline and Paralysis are essentially worthless; Warcry is an unnecessary speed buff, an armor buff that is useless because Hysteria doesn't need armor, and a debuff on enemies that will be dead within a second or two anyway.

Her playstyle just feels so restricted to me; at higher levels you have maybe 10 seconds of survivability before you're forced into Hysteria to survive, so you're basically locked into a terrible melee stance for 90% of your playtime with her. Even if it means she doesn't get full invincibility anymore, I feel like she needs a rework so that her kit is better all-round, as opposed to being a one-trick pony.

31 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

Playing her is just kind of annoying. Maybe it's that her uses were broad at one point whereas she is now very niche. 

She is one of the oldest frames so you need to take it into account. Her first, Ripline (or whatever it was called) is mobility tool. Afair, In time of stamina it was useful. Now every frame can get into 90ish % of places without problem.

You get buff, 2 CC and damage dealer. You can go with her Ultimate to Exterminate or protect stuffs using her CC.

I would love that ripline kept valkyr attached on wall/ceiling indefinitely, maybe this makes the wall buff mods more useful.

And Ripline's skill could be more objective as a hitscan shot and pulling 50% faster, it would increase Valkyr's movement and evasion.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

So answer me this: What does Valkyr do better than any other frame? 

This is irrelevant. Your complaint has more to do with why YOU do not like valkyr rather than valkyr being objectively bad. She isn't. Just because you don't like her playstyle does not mean she is a bad frame. And valkyr certainly doesn't need to "do better than any other frame" to invalidate your issue with her.

59 minutes ago, quxier said:

She is one of the oldest frames so you need to take it into account. Her first, Ripline (or whatever it was called) is mobility tool. Afair, In time of stamina it was useful. Now every frame can get into 90ish % of places without problem.

You get buff, 2 CC and damage dealer. You can go with her Ultimate to Exterminate or protect stuffs using her CC.

^This

Valkyr, like many of the older frames, could use some sprucing up but she certainly isn't bad.

35 minutes ago, Famecans said:

I would love that ripline kept valkyr attached on wall/ceiling indefinitely, maybe this makes the wall buff mods more useful.

And Ripline's skill could be more objective as a hitscan shot and pulling 50% faster, it would increase Valkyr's movement and evasion.

Ripline getting some love would be nice. Unfortunately it appears that DE have decided to only focus on adding new content for the time being so good ideas like this will likely be shelved for another year or so when they realize focusing only on new content is detrimental.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Pugs9005 said:

i don't understand why some people are replying to this like she's fine. sure, she can be FUN, but compared to other warframes she's quickly outclassed. after warcry became a helminth ability she's lost all of her identity and is in dire need of a rework

I more or less agree with this. Valkyr is the definition of "fine". Like Chroma, she's got some things going for her despite half her abilities being no more than novelty, but unlike Chroma, what she does well is not done well enough that it'd classify her as particularly good compared to the competition. Still, she's not bad, she's not Yareli, but she definitely needs a rework to tie her kit together. Until then, she's stuck being the lowermost limit of passably ok.

5 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

I more or less agree with this. Valkyr is the definition of "fine". Like Chroma, she's got some things going for her despite half her abilities being no more than novelty, but unlike Chroma, what she does well is not done well enough that it'd classify her as particularly good compared to the competition. Still, she's not bad, she's not Yareli, but she definitely needs a rework to tie her kit together. Until then, she's stuck being the lowermost limit of passably ok.

It is hilarious that yareli is the new baseline in defining a bad frame. 

Unless someone values Hysteria, which even then, you can use other Warframes with damage immunity and use other claws to mimic the same thing while getting more [i.e Wisp], she doesn't do much. This likely won't ever change either, unfortunately.

I personally wish they would improve her base kit [non-hysteria].

Ripline is subpar mobility. War Cry is overkill attackspeed, and is why the "nerfed" Helminth version is functional because it provides enough attack speed to not completely break most stances and can replace the Arcane. Paralysis isn't really relevant cc, and only exists to see higher numbers, you can kill an enemy as quick as the animation of casting the ability and some of the enemies you can't delete with melee are immune anyways.

When I use her, it's mainly due to aesthetics. As weapon damage alone is enough for most content. A Warframe could heal enemies with all 4 abilities and they would still be viable simply because they can carry weapons. It's why the "viable" argument regarding Warframes is fairly pointless.

9 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

she's not bad, she's not Yareli

3 hours ago, Leqesai said:

It is hilarious that yareli is the new baseline in defining a bad frame. 

This^. Yareli will be way of saying that something is bad. It will in-joke.

Archived