Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it just me or is Valkyr in a saddest of states.

(XBOX)Architect Prime

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

UPDATE: After some more hours, I've come to the conclusion that Valkyr is fine. She's far surpassed by many other frames in every area where she excels, but she's fine. In time, there's gonna be items that will click with her and bring her to a better state. But for now, she's simply okay. 

You dont relally need best of best to play game. Shes good tank and even if not best, people are biased and pick her anyway because they like lore or theme or just petite butts and chests really. There are lot of not quite good frames people pick because of look. For example Yareli isnt that great but people will play her anyway because she do be kinda cute

2 hours ago, ElecDeathblade said:

That's called a simp my sweet summer child

Simping is like, far extreame of that. Nah people just like to play characters they like. Yareli is cute if you dont try fight anything over lvl 40 she can stand her own.....to extend. It is anything over that level she have struggles, but hey it is cutesy warframe wearing cheerleader skirt we dont get many of those do we

17 hours ago, Repair_Unit_3k6 said:

Valkyr is white bread. She does one thing and does it well, tanking without dependence on abilities. She have incredibly high armor and emergancy ability that allows you to nope out of death and even heal up. You dont want hysteria to keep running all the time or you run into nullifier with 12k damage stored up, it is emergency ability you use to avoid spending revive. Valkyr dosent needs offensive abilities, none of frames needs one we dont carry 3 weapons just to look badass. Unless you have ability that nukes half of map, chances are you wont use abilities to attack. Rework would be nice, but she isnt as bad as people say, just whitebread, cute armored whitebread, doing armor stuff

a white bread that is about to become a french baguette with that new deluxe skin

jokes aside, ye she's a melee eccentric warframe in a large open space game, she only does one thing really good, all that

She's a niche frame for a very specific need. If you're weaker on gears than she can help u go steel path/liches no probs. If you're a new player without K-drive or archwing, she does feel alright in open world. The problem of melee in large space doesn't bother me much cause i have firewalker + cunning drifts on her which helps A LOT. Its almost unplayable for me without those 2 things and i've main her ever since i started wf. Those 2 things can be removed if they code her 1 better but that ain't happening 

Her 3 +augment mod is good but if only the range is further. Her 1 is good in large spaces but only if the range is further. A thing to note with rip line is after a set amount of time, you will come out of it. Most of the time you rip line something FAR BEHIND the actual target and uses the inertia to get to your target without bumping into a wall. Its a hassle for sure, but one I don't mind if I don't stop mid-air with the text "out of range" on the bottom of my screen. 

If you put range mod on her, she is bare-able. Basically you're still focusing your build on her 4, but with her 1 and 3+augment mod on the side instead of her 2

6 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I’m so looking forward to giving Yareli a try 👍. Got her components building right now and I’m pretty good at the k-drive, so gonna see what all the hubbub’s about

I'm going to resume it to you:

• Abilities does almost nothing to level 30-40 enemies.
  • The K-Drive is too clunky in the majority of the tilesets and gets stuck too often.
  • If you decide to subsume an ability to her, good luck using it on her K-Drive, because you virtually can't.

She really needs a lot more work to make her good and truly enjoyable to most players, she's worse than Hydroid and Grendel.

3 hours ago, ElecDeathblade said:

I'm going to resume it to you:

• Abilities does almost nothing to level 30-40 enemies.
  • The K-Drive is too clunky in the majority of the tilesets and gets stuck too often.
  • If you decide to subsume an ability to her, good luck using it on her K-Drive, because you virtually can't.

She really needs a lot more work to make her good and truly enjoyable to most players, she's worse than Hydroid and Grendel.

Oh. Hmm, guess I shouldn’t bother making her then and do something else. I’d hate to waste my time on a broken, useless, garbage frame that most of the other playerbase doesn’t like; I trust that they know what makes a fun frame

Thanks for the heads up 👍 

late edit after checking remaining time: bah. 3 and a half more days until she’s done.  🤔 To rush, or not to rush…. I do like k-drives, and I do have some plat on-hand…

3 hours ago, moostar95 said:

After looking at hildryn's new skin by DE, and her small niche playerbase. i think valkyr is fine tbh.  still widely loved by the community according to the reddit for warframe. sad hildryn is crying in the corner after seeing that joke of a new skin and how DE forgotten everything about this frame. 

How good or bad a skin is perceived to be has nothing to do with how a Warframe performs. With what they showed, I don't like the Hildryn skin, but at the same time, I don't like the Valkyr skin either. I find a combination of two Tennogen skins to be better, in my opinion.

However, it's undeniable that Hildryn is a vastly superior melee Warframe than Valkyr, despite not being a melee focused Warframe and even has a ranged exalted weapon... and supporting melee weapons is all Valkyr is really meant to be doing. Hildryn has multiple functions in addition to that, even to the point of supporting Necramechs anytime DE forces us into using them. The only real bad part of Hildryn is the weapon restriction on her fourth ability and I suppose making her armor strip better. For most of the game, and even most enemies in SP, she just casts her second ability and they die. Helminth even gave her the ability to support allies in another way, at least until DE ruins the fun in the future [if they do].

I prefer Valkyr's aesthetic over Hildryn's, but I play Hildryn more often.

I haven’t played her for nearly 3 Years and she’s still behind Garuda as one of my most used Frame somehow. Ever since Garuda has taken my Heart and Melee Rework being a thing, i lost any hope of playing Valkyr until she gets reworked. Wisp got the Attack Speed buff, Extra movement isn’t worth mentioning, Excal and Baruuk have the Finishers, her 4’s a mess, and Warcry is a subsumable. 

the melee nerf hurt her the most. She is still functional, but only as stats stick and atk speed. There other are frames with much higher stats. Hysteria still stands as her strongest point. But it is a very limited tool for very limited situations. 

What is really sad is that 2 of her 4 skills where among the 10 most dropped in the heleminth. You would think this was a clear indicator a change is needed. Nope… That is DE for you.

On 2021-09-07 at 6:05 PM, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

The ultimate can't be built for. 

Have you perhaps been unable to locate the Modding screen?

Jokes aside, the saddest things about Valkyr are just Ripline's absolutely horrible offensive capabilities and Paralysis having a cast time that is maybe just too long, perhaps also Warcry's cast time taking quite a while as well, aside from that she can heal forever with Hysteria and not have a single care in the world about dying or being put in danger.

On 2021-09-22 at 1:03 AM, (NSW)Greybones said:

late edit after checking remaining time: bah. 3 and a half more days until she’s done.  🤔 To rush, or not to rush…. I do like k-drives, and I do have some plat on-hand…

Low key curious what you thought of Yareli in the end.

On 2021-09-21 at 2:05 AM, Repair_Unit_3k6 said:

You dont want hysteria to keep running all the time or you run into nullifier with 12k damage stored up, it is emergency ability you use to avoid spending revive.

Though with the Synth Equilibrium package, you can Hysteria infinitely with the right build, especially with Dispensary infused. Throw in Hysterical Assault and you can even shoot to pop nullies without the risking anything. Almost perfect fulltime immortality. Is it good? Well, you're stuck with a low tier melee weapon as your main damage source...

Just now, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Aw, that’s nice! I’ll have to get back to you in a bit though; I was basing my original estimation off of the time remaining for dojo research + the 3-day wait in the foundry, completely forgetting that her components took time to build as well.

So she’s cooking at the moment, but I went and burned through my monthly alotment of plat 😕 (I think I got a skin or something). Really curious to try her! Maybe she is as bad as everyone says, maybe no-one knows how to k-drive in the first place, maybe reviews are based off of how much of a demigod she can/can’t be.

…man this is tempting me. I got so little self control when it comes to curiosity, and it’s only my insane sense of fatalism that keeps me from jumping into the fire to see how it feels.

Like, what’s the point of jumping into the fire when death’s coming for me anyways? No need to rush it

9 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Maybe she is as bad as everyone says, maybe no-one knows how to k-drive in the first place, maybe reviews are based off of how much of a demigod she can/can’t be.

There's definitely a certain bit of no. 3 in there, seeing as it doesn't take more than a well modded gun to wipe the Steel Path with ease. That means Yareli can accomplish stuff - she's just not adequate compared to any other frame IMO. If you end up liking her tho, all power to you.

2 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

There's definitely a certain bit of no. 3 in there, seeing as it doesn't take more than a well modded gun to wipe the Steel Path with ease. That means Yareli can accomplish stuff - she's just not adequate compared to any other frame IMO. If you end up liking her tho, all power to you.

👍 Steel Path holds little of interest for me except a chance to try out some crazy overpowered combination of a build, so I’m fine with that. Lot of abilities and stuff don’t work as well; I’m thinking that’s what’s meant by “Not balancing for SP”. 🤔 At some point I’ll try multiplayer in SP though, since it sort of knocks everyone’s build down a little.

Now to wait.

On 2021-09-07 at 6:20 PM, (XBOX)Pugs9005 said:

i don't understand why some people are replying to this like she's fine. sure, she can be FUN, but compared to other warframes she's quickly outclassed. after warcry became a helminth ability she's lost all of her identity and is in dire need of a rework

No, She was outclassed the moment DE nerfed Hysteria to have ramping energy drain. Rhino, Revenant, and even Nidus out tank her for a lot less energy, plus her exalted weapon is extremely poor for damage. Anyone with a melee weapon will kill faster than her. Meanwhile nuke frames like Saryn and Mesa continue to 1shot rooms full of enemies, but void forbid we let a frame have permanent invulnerability.

Nothing about her stood out as OP, being permanently invincible does nothing to kill enemies quickly which is necessary in missions where kills are important such as Survival, Defense, Disruption, Excavation, etc.

On 2021-10-06 at 1:46 PM, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Hm. Been using her a bit, and… I have questions.

Haven’t taken her into higher-level content beyond 40-50 yet, but floating around levels has me wondering; are people constantly boosting through the level maps or something on Merulina?

late edit: Did a level 100 Corpus Eximus Stronghold Mobile Defense sortie with an un-potatoed Yareli and Vigor + Lightning rod as my survival mods (I’d have to log in to see what else I had; pretty sure there was an Intensify and Streamline). Had to really fight through the last defense point because I ran out of Atomos ammo and was relying on Merulina just to keep me alive and keep them off the defense target since it was a wide open area without much to dodge off of. Was good! I’m really liking her so far. Need to try other modes like ESO and Arbitrations 

On 2021-10-08 at 8:39 PM, (NSW)Greybones said:

Hm. Been using her a bit, and… I have questions.

Haven’t taken her into higher-level content beyond 40-50 yet, but floating around levels has me wondering; are people constantly boosting through the level maps or something on Merulina?

late edit: Did a level 100 Corpus Eximus Stronghold Mobile Defense sortie with an un-potatoed Yareli and Vigor + Lightning rod as my survival mods (I’d have to log in to see what else I had; pretty sure there was an Intensify and Streamline). Had to really fight through the last defense point because I ran out of Atomos ammo and was relying on Merulina just to keep me alive and keep them off the defense target since it was a wide open area without much to dodge off of. Was good! I’m really liking her so far. Need to try other modes like ESO and Arbitrations 

Make a maximum crit Sporelacer or maybe other high crit, AoE guns if you have them.. Really max the crit, maybe add Primed Fulmination if you have it.. Pax Charge, Secondary Merciless if you have them.. Then pick a damage boosting Helminth skill, maybe get rid of Riptide (4), it's her worst ability..

I also like Combat Discipline / Equilibrium / Arcane Avenger, and then Arcane Velocity on top.

This combo gets Sporelacer @ 21.7x crit multiplier with a fire rate of like 3.5 for me.

Then just awkwardly slide around spamming your gun, maybe like.. Dropping some sea snares because they're okay I guess? But mostly just sliding around with an ultra powerful gun being a one trick pony.

I don't think she's very fun most of the time because of Merulina's low mobility and she's super glitchy, but stacking strengths towards her passives and use of secondaries makes her damage output unbelievable.

4 minutes ago, Twin_Fawn said:

Make a maximum crit Sporelacer or maybe other high crit, AoE guns if you have them.. Really max the crit, maybe add Primed Fulmination if you have it.. Pax Charge, Secondary Merciless if you have them.. Then pick a damage boosting Helminth skill, maybe get rid of Riptide (4), it's her worst ability..

I also like Combat Discipline / Equilibrium / Arcane Avenger, and then Arcane Velocity on top.

This combo gets Sporelacer @ 21.7x crit multiplier with a fire rate of like 3.5 for me.

Then just awkwardly slide around spamming your gun, maybe like.. Dropping some sea snares because they're okay I guess? But mostly just sliding around with an ultra powerful gun being a one trick pony.

I don't think she's very fun most of the time because of Merulina's low mobility and she's super glitchy, but stacking strengths towards her passives and use of secondaries makes her damage output unbelievable.

Hm. Thanks for the tips, and I’ll keep them in mind. I find being too powerful is more trouble than it’s worth, so I’ll probably only try this in Steel Path or something. Don’t think I’d like to use her as a one-trick pony if there’s other options that will work

1 hour ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Hm. Thanks for the tips, and I’ll keep them in mind. I find being too powerful is more trouble than it’s worth, so I’ll probably only try this in Steel Path or something. Don’t think I’d like to use her as a one-trick pony if there’s other options that will work

There aren't any other options that actually retain any gameplay depth as far as I can tell ><

As soon as you get on Merulina, you have one weapon and no practical ability to use Helminth skills aside from long duration ones you can set between waves. Also, no customization of mobility by using mods or arcanes..

That leaves you with 2 set and forget skills (Merulina and Aquablades), 1 largely undesirable skill (Riptide) and then..

Basically your gun, and sea snares. K-Drive, one gun and one okay active ability..

I thought about fun stuff like modding for super CC but then found out Sea Snare duration only affects how long an enemy is trapped for - the bubbles themselves always only last 20 seconds while waiting for an enemy.

It's not like other Warframes like Wisp where you can have fun with a variety build if you don't just stack for motes.

The moment Merulina is involved, Yareli becomes seriously basic. The stacked pistol build is just as engaging as a balanced build on her from my perspective..

If you figure something fun out, let me know ^^;

Archived