Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Hek and scattered Justice

(XBOX)Jodeci82666493

I really think the kuva hek should be compatible with scattered Justice. I understand it's a powerful mod. but it not being compatible just makes no sense. Kuva weapons are weapons you put the most work into just to get the mastery rank points alone. Not to mention all the stuff you have to go through in order to get the kuva weapons. So it should be stronger than other weapons. And a bit OP. The way the kuva hek sits now is good. But the factor it can't be used with scattered Justice is just ridiculous

21 minutes ago, (XBOX)Jodeci82666493 said:

I really think the kuva hek should be compatible with scattered Justice. I understand it's a powerful mod. but it not being compatible just makes no sense. Kuva weapons are weapons you put the most work into just to get the mastery rank points alone. Not to mention all the stuff you have to go through in order to get the kuva weapons. So it should be stronger than other weapons. And a bit OP. The way the kuva hek sits now is good. But the factor it can't be used with scattered Justice is just ridiculous

i completely agree. the fact that more people aren't talking about this is hilarious. all that work, on top of the weapon having.. what, an mr 16 requirement? just for it to be moderately better than the vaykor hek, an existing weapon. what's even more outrageous is that it's competing with the kuva bramma and zarr. there is no reason to use this weapon

Just now, motorfirebox said:

"Moderately better" is... questionable. It hits harder than the Tenet Arca Plasmor with 2/3 the reload speed.

Real question is its aoe potential because we don't really care if things hit hard, as long as they clear the room. That's what snipers and bows are for.

35 minutes ago, (XBOX)Pugs9005 said:

on top of the weapon having.. what, an mr 16 requirement?

Unless DE drastically changed the Kuva weapon acquisition mechanic, every single Kuva variant is effectively, an MR5 weapon. That MR16 number is (or at least was last time I checked) just for show, since as long as you can get someone to help you with a Lich fight, you can obtain the weapon. the only real requirement being The War Within. 

That said, I also agree that the Syndicate mod should work with the Kuva Hek. Vaykor Hek was an exception due to an overlapping Justice effect, so unless they coded Kuva  weapon elemental damage into the same variable as the Vaykor's innate Justice, it should be compatible. 

120% agree. I've heard tell it'd be OP, but in comparison to what? You mean to tell me that Kuva Hek with Scattered Justice will outpace cramming a fully built Exergis or Tigris Prime down someone's throat?

Also, let's not forget that non-syndicate "augments" (Dera's status mod, Tonkor's "on direct hit", etc) still work for their variants, leaving out Hek just feels odd. And if the measure of "OP" is vs all guns, Bramma would like a word about it, it's got old school CS:S AWP syndrome (and, spoiler alert, it's just as easy to work around, if not easier).

The funniest thing about this to me is the community.  For years there were people questioning why you couldn't use the augment on the Vaykor version and some dev just muttered something about "can't do it, Justice proc.  Can only have one.  Vaykor already has one."  and the whole community just parroted it over and over to anyone that asked like it was an acceptable answer because muh devs said.

There is no Justice proc on the Kuva version.  Where y'all at now?

There's dozens of stupid little things like this all over the gun category where players were like "Why can't we...?"  and the a certain section of the community religiously came back with "Muh devs said game balance."  They were supposed to buff guns and instead of doing literally anything with the guns or the majority of the existing mods they put out new crap to grind when they could have gone through that massive backlog of player requests that they ignored because of "balance" and just implemented all of them and automatically generated a lot of buffs with ease.  Perfect example.  No reload speed mods or magazine size mods in the Pexilus slot because "balance".  Most of the Pexilus mods are trash.  You were supposed to buff guns which means moving where the balance is.  Why not just go through and implement things like this?  Oh wait, that wouldn't increase grind.  That's why.

6 hours ago, Reifnir said:

Unless DE drastically changed the Kuva weapon acquisition mechanic, every single Kuva variant is effectively, an MR5 weapon. That MR16 number is (or at least was last time I checked) just for show, since as long as you can get someone to help you with a Lich fight, you can obtain the weapon. the only real requirement being The War Within. 

That said, I also agree that the Syndicate mod should work with the Kuva Hek. Vaykor Hek was an exception due to an overlapping Justice effect, so unless they coded Kuva  weapon elemental damage into the same variable as the Vaykor's innate Justice, it should be compatible. 

incorrect. it does apply to trading the item. quite stupid to have the MR there if it only applies to trading, but whatever. it is there for a reason

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Pugs9005 said:

incorrect. it does apply to trading the item. quite stupid to have the MR there if it only applies to trading, but whatever. it is there for a reason

Trading the weapon itself or the Lich? I've not tried trading a Lich, but to my knowledge you can't trade a Kuva variant by itself.

If DE wants to stick by their logic that “Kuva hek is already stronger than Hek with the augment, therefor it shouldn’t be able to use the augment”. Then I want to see them disable the use of augment for every gun variant that’s better than the original.

No more Entropy Burst on Supra Vandal.

No more New Loka augment for Prisma Skana.

No more more Nightwatch napalm for Kuva Ogris.

Because they shouldn’t be cherry picking what augments are usable on what variants over arbitrary things like weapon stats.

Just now, (XBOX)Pugs9005 said:

yikes. how do you not know that you can choose to either trade or vanquish your lich. you trade the lich which comes with the weapon (or ephemera if applicable)

The MR doesn't apply to liches/sisters. All that is needed to trade is the quest prerequisites and the Crimson Branch. So the only MR that is applicable is 5.

Choices and options are always better. To be honest with the advent of galvanized mods, other mods (like heavy cal, lethal torrent, magnum force) have lost their power level due to the diminishing returns on multi shot and damage. Scattered justice is also one of these mods, although 200% mshot is a significant amount, its not as significant as it once was due to galvanized hell enabling 230% multishot.

Archived