Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryns…

(PSN)Reaper330011

Question

I run a mission and ask for people. 1 or 2 people says inv and boom. Got 1-2 saryns in the group. We run a mission, and then I’m just running around the map trying to get in 1 kill but before a single bullet reaches an enemy, they all die because of Saryn. I find it a bit annoying, because they show up all the time in Hydron. I say to the saryn(S) “Ok, me and the others will want kills and to test out our new gear, so don’t spam your kill-everybody-in-the-map abilities yet okay?” And they say “Ok”, and then start spamming every one of their abilities and in the end, me and my non-Saryn friends barely did anything, with 2 percent damage dealt, 6 kills combined, and the Saryn had like 800+ kills. Whenever a saryn joins, I have to message every squad mate to dash around the map very quickly and steal the energy orbs so the saryn doesn’t wipe the whole map off the face of the earth. Even more annoying when I’m trying to get a larvling. then a random saryn joins and I don’t get even get 3 kills. It gets extremely irritating when all you want to do is test the strength of your new warframe or gear against a certain level or get XP fast, and then a Saryn just melts the whole map. WHAT DO I DO ABOUT THIS AND WHY ON EARTH DO PEOPLE USE SARYNS THEN SPAM EVERY BUTTON??? 

7 hours ago, Keiyadan said:

yeah but does that realy matter if most of the warframes cant deal that mucht dmg on there own maybe use aoe weapons then and do basicly the same what saryns would do right?

No. Weapon kill give 50% affinity to warframe and since spawns are limited per round (hidron) you will need more rounds to reach rank 30 with weapon kills instead of ability kills.

For eso, then it wont matter xD soon or later everything will be maxed.

1 minute ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I know a special trick you can do, to stop the Saryn's and make them really upset. You want to craft Energy Pads. The large ones. This is a special trick btw, not even the wikia knows about it. Anyway, to stop those annoying Saryn's from levelling people at Hydron, where everyone knows, you go to test new weapons, you want to sneak around them, and then drop the energy pads. Those poor Saryn's won't even know what hit them! They will probably just quit the game right then and there. Then and you and the rest of the players can finally be free and actually be able to earn XP. I mean, uh test out the strong weapons. On Hydron. This won't work on ESO though, but i bet no one will use Saryn there, since what is the point right?

Energy pads? 

12 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

I know that, you know that. But if you're just starting out this is evidentily not clear. Even reading the wiki doesn't make this very clear because of the way the information is presented. It's not written to explain it to a layman. It's written as a brain dump by a person who already knows how it works. Much like how a lot of the wiki is written.

^

26 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

steal the energy orbs

Energy orbs are individual to each player, you can't steal them

get XP fast

That's what saryn is doing...

WHY ON EARTH DO PEOPLE USE SARYNS THEN SPAM EVERY BUTTON??? 

Fast kill mean fast mission and XP

28 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

And they say “Ok”, and then start spamming every one of their abilities

Tell someone not to do something, they'll just want to do it more.

37 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

It gets extremely irritating when all you want to do is test the strength of your new warframe or gear against a certain level ...

It's true, it can be annoying if you let it. But you can test builds anywhere.  If you insist on Hydron for whatever reason, do it solo or with friends. Otherwise you'll run into this issue constantly.  And not just from Saryn players.

37 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

... or get XP fast, and then a Saryn just melts the whole map.

Because of the way affinity is shared, getting you fast XP  is exactly what they're doing.

48 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

I run a mission and ask for people. Got 1-2 saryns in the group.

I find it a bit annoying, because they show up all the time in Hydron. I say to the saryn(S) “Ok, me and the others will want kills ---”

Whenever a saryn joins, I have to message every squad mate to dash around the map very quickly and steal the energy orbs so the saryn 

Even more annoying when I’m trying to get a larvling. 

then a random saryn joins and I don’t get even get 3 kills. It gets extremely irritating when all you want to do is test the strength of your new warframe or gear against a certain level or get XP fast, and then a Saryn just melts the whole map. WHAT DO I DO ABOUT THIS AND WHY ON EARTH DO PEOPLE USE SARYNS THEN SPAM EVERY BUTTON??? 

You ask for people to help do mission faster/more efficient, and you get it.

Being annoyed is fine. The reasoning I disagree with. You're on Hydron, you should WANT it to go faster and you should WANT someone else to get the kills more than yourself. Also don't speak for others in your squad, don't assume their preferences.

Telling others to steal energy is irrelevant, it's clientside. Also it's toxic to request. Stop it.

NEVER GO FOR LARVLING OR SISTER PUBLIC, Idk what you're trying to do. That's never been a desire for me ever. I disagree with the preference for public on Larvling picking.

As for the last bit. YOU WANT THE SARYN TO GET KILLS. If you want to test your ability to fight against something on your own terms, make them your own terms. Friends Only. As for XP. Your kills DO NOT get you XP faster than them getting kills. I would ARGUE HEAVILY that I VASTLY PREFER when someone else is clearing the map when I am leveling items.
PLEASE look at https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Affinity  , specifically how XP is Spread based on Whom/What portion of your gear gets the kills.

I cannot emphasize this enough, YOU WANT THE SARYN TO GET THE KILLS IF XP IS YOUR GOAL. They are getting NONE of it attributed to their weapons. You Are.

59 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

-Snip-

Saryns Spore/Miasma spamming is something i really dislike in the game, wile having one in the team does speed up XP farming, it completely removes the "Fun" factor of the game and makes leveling up gear more tedious and feel more like a chore than an fun experiment. I my self had the displeasure these days right after finally getting my self the Tenet Exec of joining a mission with a Saryn and wile she was lower level when we first joined, as soon as she unlocked Miasma she just kept spamming it and killing everything on the map, making testing other combos and attacks with the Exec pretty useless.

What some players do when encountering a Saryn or any other "Press-Key-To-Win" frame in their squad is simply leaving and waiting a few seconds before joining again, hoping there wont be one in the next squad.

Back when Banshee was an absolute OP people were leaving the missions immediately when joining and seeing one there for this reason, i wish more people did this again and bring back the "Play for Fun, not for Speed" mentality.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

or get XP fast, and then a Saryn just melts the whole map.

The Saryn is doing just that, you should thank them in all honesty. You go to Hydron to level, not test builds.

I have to message every squad mate to dash around the map very quickly and steal the energy orbs so the saryn doesn’t wipe the whole map off the face of the earth.

This game has individualized drops btw, so this doesn't do anything.

Even more annoying when I’m trying to get a larvling. then a random saryn joins and I don’t get even get 3 kills.

The lights flicker, but I'm pretty sure larvalings can't spawn in defense. Never happened to me at least.

---------------------------------

Saryn can be annoying at times when someone is using her where it's just overkill. But IMO you should never really complain about one in an XP farm. All they're doing is helping you 95% of the time.

6 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Back when Banshee was an absolute OP people were leaving the missions immediately when joining and seeing one there for this reason

Don't think I ever saw that crowd. imo playing for speed when grinding allows you to play for fun afterwards sooner. The fun I derive is using the end product, rather than the path to it. Example being Necramechs/Railjack, personally. Rushed the forma/grind to level em, so I could sooner enjoy having the gucci gear at the end, carrying others whom don't want to rush or participate in that process.
PS: play how you want to play. <3

While there are several bugs with simaris’ danger room it is the best place to play around with weapon movement and play style. And allows for changing builds on the fly. You can even invite friends to test frame interactions.  Just remember to have the ai on if testing melee(assuming they haven’t fixed the stealth attack bug). 

I have also never had an issue getting kills in with a dps on squad, when trying to get some anyway. The person playing most aggressively will get the most kills. I have more issues when the connection is bad and don’t realize I am shooting air, not much you can do about that tho. 

vor 7 Minuten schrieb (PSN)Reaper330011:

I didn’t ask for HELP. I asked for people who wanna farm XP as well. It’s faster XP farm if we kill with our own gear, and saryn just overkill…

no it is clearly no the case

i guess you dont get exp share do you
if you kill with your own gear only that gear get most of the exp
if someone else kills all of you gear get the same amount so you just can bring gear that you need to be leveled and it will
+ if you rush waves after waves in shorter time you will get more exp in shorter time

and if you realy would like to test your gear dont use level maps at all

3 minutes ago, Keiyadan said:

no it is clearly no the case

i guess you dont get exp share do you
if you kill with your own gear only that gear get most of the exp
if someone else kills all of you gear get the same amount so you just can bring gear that you need to be leveled and it will
+ if you rush waves after waves in shorter time you will get more exp in shorter time

and if you realy would like to test your gear dont use level maps at all

YES EXACTLY, we want to finish hydron as fast as possible, but we can’t kill with the gear we want to level so we need an extra 5-10 waves.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb (PSN)Reaper330011:

YES EXACTLY, we want to finish hydron as fast as possible, but we can’t kill with the gear we want to level so we need an extra 5-10 waves.

then just play solo then you will kill with your own gear and its gonna be as quick as you can be

where are no other player no other players can kill the map right?

You can get through a mission very fast even without saryn. For example, once I did hydron with a Ember Prime and a Nidus. After actually COMMUNICATING with them (which is what most saryn don’t do) I managed to synergise with them both extremely well and we both got an equal amount of kills, damage dealt, and all levelled up very fast, I use Catalysm, nidus pulled them in, and ember set the map on fire. Same effect, more fun, more efficiency, no saryn. We did 25 waves in about 13-15 minutes.

25 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

“Nobody is going to play the game I want” Of course, but doesn’t it seem even remotely unreasonable to you if you just hit the nuke button until your energy is 0 and not kill anything, and when the squad is in a tight position and they need a nuke to get them out of it the saryn doesn’t have any energy to nuke the enemies? 

Frost is a defensive frame = he has the potential to defend a objective extremely well and keep it safe.

The number 1 trait of a tank is being extremely durable. If your unkillable, then there you are. That’s a tank. You can nuke as well? Good, your a tank and a nuker.

Trinity’s first ability literally heals everybody, and ev restores energy. Helminth her first, you still have energy restoration and blessing. Don’t want to use it? That’s how you play. Can trinity do it? Yes. She can do it, so she’s a buff frame.

Cause I still will have energy via energise, zenuric, pizzas? I mean, whats your game experience, playtime and MR, if you think that you can actually run out of energy?

I can do a better job at defending it by actually being usefull and not just placing my icy balls on the objective, as some random guy on the internet tries to force me to do. Every frame has a potential to defend objective, if a frame has hard CC it doesn't mean that it is defensive. Also, frost is pretty poopy when it comes to defenses, khora, limbo, vauban do a better job at that. So as Saryn btw, by literally eliminating everything in it's range, which is still better defenses than icy ball of "hey you moved 1mm away from me, you die now".

Number 1 of a tank - being able to CC as much people as possible while being able to survive heavy hits. Again - a lot of frames fall in that category. If you want to talk about "standing in damage and not giving a flying ..." well, than there is only like 2 frames that can do that. Still, they won't, cause why the hell I need to stand there, while I can be usefull and do actuall things?

No I won't, cause for EV to be usefull you need negative duration. Same for her 1. Which renders her 3 and 4 useless outside of a panic button. And playing as a mobile dispencer is boring, again. Ever heard of gloom? Better, funnier and more usefull heal than 2 out of 4 Trin's skills.

In a nutshell - there is no actual "roles" i WF. Some frames are better at one thing, some at another. But any frame can be anything. Exept loki. Loki is a CC god, you can't be anything else. You can't force people to play like you want and not to pick what they want to play. You don't like it? Play solo, or in premade groups. You don't want? Man up and play the game.

49 minutes ago, Olaf_Silvermane said:

How i'm supposed to "buff" you, if I literally don't have EV, just cause I cant use it with such build? Helminth exists, different builds and playstyles exist. You are not the center of the universe, nobody going to play like you want. Also, said trinity is a definition of "how to tank literally anything", not your basic energy dispencer.

I can't and won't "defend" on such frost, cause then armorstrip is useless, cause I'm literally sitting on the objective. Why I can't play like I want, while still doing the objective, but my way?

Also, HP doesn't mean anything, lavos is status-inflicting nuke machine, enjoy. 1700 hp is there just so his 1 will make him unkillable. Never used lavos?

Also - saryn workflow. Toss 1, press 4, press 3. Kill anything if it survived the nuke and spore spreading. If you can't stand that - play solo. Nobody is going to play the game the way you want. Why?

“Nobody is going to play the game I want” Of course, but doesn’t it seem even remotely unreasonable to you if you just hit the nuke button until your energy is 0 and not kill anything, and when the squad is in a tight position and they need a nuke to get them out of it the saryn doesn’t have any energy to nuke the enemies? 

Frost is a defensive frame = he has the potential to defend a objective extremely well and keep it safe. He can do it. You modified him for armour strip, not Defense. But he can defend, and you can change your build to modify him for Defense instead, whereas take a frame like Excalibur, cannot be modded for Defense, or at least not as well as other frames.

The number 1 trait of a tank is being extremely durable. If your unkillable, then there you are. That’s a tank. You can nuke as well? Good, your a tank and a nuker.

Trinity’s first ability literally heals everybody, and ev restores energy. Helminth her first, you still have energy restoration and blessing. Don’t want to use it? That’s how you play. Can trinity do it? Yes. She can do it, so she’s a buff frame.

16分钟前 , (PSN)Reaper330011 说:

Once again I didn’t specify XP FARMS

What you said earlier was directed to XP farms. I dont see difference between "LF people who wanna farm XP" and "LF XP farm".

Of course doing anything in WF solo would be boring, but I guess if you do public matches, then you see a lot of people from outside. If you dislike saryn to the extent that you dont want to see her, then the best way for you is to, well, go solo. Or find a squad for whatever missions ur running.

And nuking isnt exclusive to saryn as well - Ember, equinox, gauss, nezha could do map nuking as well. Nuking in lvl 50- maps aren't gamebreaking as well. If you straight up dislike that then go solo without a nuking frame, no one is stopping you :)

As for "doing something else"... I could always do something else with my phone. Let the right people do stuff that they are efficient in doing.

Archived