Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryns…

(PSN)Reaper330011

Question

I run a mission and ask for people. 1 or 2 people says inv and boom. Got 1-2 saryns in the group. We run a mission, and then I’m just running around the map trying to get in 1 kill but before a single bullet reaches an enemy, they all die because of Saryn. I find it a bit annoying, because they show up all the time in Hydron. I say to the saryn(S) “Ok, me and the others will want kills and to test out our new gear, so don’t spam your kill-everybody-in-the-map abilities yet okay?” And they say “Ok”, and then start spamming every one of their abilities and in the end, me and my non-Saryn friends barely did anything, with 2 percent damage dealt, 6 kills combined, and the Saryn had like 800+ kills. Whenever a saryn joins, I have to message every squad mate to dash around the map very quickly and steal the energy orbs so the saryn doesn’t wipe the whole map off the face of the earth. Even more annoying when I’m trying to get a larvling. then a random saryn joins and I don’t get even get 3 kills. It gets extremely irritating when all you want to do is test the strength of your new warframe or gear against a certain level or get XP fast, and then a Saryn just melts the whole map. WHAT DO I DO ABOUT THIS AND WHY ON EARTH DO PEOPLE USE SARYNS THEN SPAM EVERY BUTTON??? 

25 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

“Nobody is going to play the game I want” Of course, but doesn’t it seem even remotely unreasonable to you if you just hit the nuke button until your energy is 0 and not kill anything, and when the squad is in a tight position and they need a nuke to get them out of it the saryn doesn’t have any energy to nuke the enemies? 

Frost is a defensive frame = he has the potential to defend a objective extremely well and keep it safe.

The number 1 trait of a tank is being extremely durable. If your unkillable, then there you are. That’s a tank. You can nuke as well? Good, your a tank and a nuker.

Trinity’s first ability literally heals everybody, and ev restores energy. Helminth her first, you still have energy restoration and blessing. Don’t want to use it? That’s how you play. Can trinity do it? Yes. She can do it, so she’s a buff frame.

Cause I still will have energy via energise, zenuric, pizzas? I mean, whats your game experience, playtime and MR, if you think that you can actually run out of energy?

I can do a better job at defending it by actually being usefull and not just placing my icy balls on the objective, as some random guy on the internet tries to force me to do. Every frame has a potential to defend objective, if a frame has hard CC it doesn't mean that it is defensive. Also, frost is pretty poopy when it comes to defenses, khora, limbo, vauban do a better job at that. So as Saryn btw, by literally eliminating everything in it's range, which is still better defenses than icy ball of "hey you moved 1mm away from me, you die now".

Number 1 of a tank - being able to CC as much people as possible while being able to survive heavy hits. Again - a lot of frames fall in that category. If you want to talk about "standing in damage and not giving a flying ..." well, than there is only like 2 frames that can do that. Still, they won't, cause why the hell I need to stand there, while I can be usefull and do actuall things?

No I won't, cause for EV to be usefull you need negative duration. Same for her 1. Which renders her 3 and 4 useless outside of a panic button. And playing as a mobile dispencer is boring, again. Ever heard of gloom? Better, funnier and more usefull heal than 2 out of 4 Trin's skills.

In a nutshell - there is no actual "roles" i WF. Some frames are better at one thing, some at another. But any frame can be anything. Exept loki. Loki is a CC god, you can't be anything else. You can't force people to play like you want and not to pick what they want to play. You don't like it? Play solo, or in premade groups. You don't want? Man up and play the game.

49 minutes ago, Olaf_Silvermane said:

How i'm supposed to "buff" you, if I literally don't have EV, just cause I cant use it with such build? Helminth exists, different builds and playstyles exist. You are not the center of the universe, nobody going to play like you want. Also, said trinity is a definition of "how to tank literally anything", not your basic energy dispencer.

I can't and won't "defend" on such frost, cause then armorstrip is useless, cause I'm literally sitting on the objective. Why I can't play like I want, while still doing the objective, but my way?

Also, HP doesn't mean anything, lavos is status-inflicting nuke machine, enjoy. 1700 hp is there just so his 1 will make him unkillable. Never used lavos?

Also - saryn workflow. Toss 1, press 4, press 3. Kill anything if it survived the nuke and spore spreading. If you can't stand that - play solo. Nobody is going to play the game the way you want. Why?

“Nobody is going to play the game I want” Of course, but doesn’t it seem even remotely unreasonable to you if you just hit the nuke button until your energy is 0 and not kill anything, and when the squad is in a tight position and they need a nuke to get them out of it the saryn doesn’t have any energy to nuke the enemies? 

Frost is a defensive frame = he has the potential to defend a objective extremely well and keep it safe. He can do it. You modified him for armour strip, not Defense. But he can defend, and you can change your build to modify him for Defense instead, whereas take a frame like Excalibur, cannot be modded for Defense, or at least not as well as other frames.

The number 1 trait of a tank is being extremely durable. If your unkillable, then there you are. That’s a tank. You can nuke as well? Good, your a tank and a nuker.

Trinity’s first ability literally heals everybody, and ev restores energy. Helminth her first, you still have energy restoration and blessing. Don’t want to use it? That’s how you play. Can trinity do it? Yes. She can do it, so she’s a buff frame.

10 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

another post, that consists of nothing but ignorance

How i'm supposed to "buff" you, if I literally don't have EV, just cause I cant use it with such build? Helminth exists, different builds and playstyles exist. You are not the center of the universe, nobody going to play like you want. Also, said trinity is a definition of "how to tank literally anything", not your basic energy dispencer.

I can't and won't "defend" on such frost, cause then armorstrip is useless, cause I'm literally sitting on the objective. Why I can't play like I want, while still doing the objective, but my way?

Also, HP doesn't mean anything, lavos is status-inflicting nuke machine, enjoy. 1700 hp is there just so his 1 will make him unkillable. Never used lavos?

Also - saryn workflow. Toss 1, press 4, press 3. Kill anything if it survived the nuke and spore spreading. If you can't stand that - play solo. Nobody is going to play the game the way you want. Why?

2 hours ago, Olaf_Silvermane said:

I have a Trinity build that won't use EV and well. Also casts blessing only once pr, like, 40 secs. That build is from old times, still usable, literally can't die. Am I a buff frame?

I have an armor stripping frost, I will cast globe just to safely strip armor from whole room, also potentially destroying whole room in the process. Am I defensive frame?

I have a lavos with 1700hp, which clears enemies from 3 rooms away. Am I a tank frame?

Saryn requires to spam her 4 so 1 can keep spreading and keep the big damage number up. So yes she will nuke for the sake of nuking. If you don't understand that - farm her yourself, it's easy, also you will get some fun mods in the process. Also, before you will try to spit some other nonsense - build the thing you are complaining about yourself and try to use it.

Are you a buff frame? Yes, you don’t use the buffs, but since Trinity’s strength is buffing/support, she is a buff frame. Definition of buffing/support frame: A frame who can buff allies, support them, heal them, etc.

Are you a defensive frame? YES, strip armour, make everything easier to kill, he has a snow globe that has the potential to  keep a objective the safest then anything else could (excluding limbo, because limbo comes up on top of frost though, in my opinion). Definition of a defensive frame: A frame who can defend allies/objective extremely well. That’s frost.

Lavos. YOU JUST SAID you have 1700HP, how is that not the definition of a tanky frame? You kill enemies from a distance while your still durable, good then. Your still a tank even if your not gonna play like one.

Definition of a tank frame: (Do I even need to explain this one?) a frame that is extremely durable, with high health and armour.

Saryn: You still have to spam 4 even if your spending 10 minutes travelling towards where the enemies are? Your just wasting energy, and when players actually need a saryn, not enough energy orbs to use corrosive nuke. She’s a nuking frame, so nuke, but if your going to nuke can’t you actually nuke something? Like enemies? Instead of empty rooms?

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

If you have a buff frame, buff your allies.

If you have a Defense frame, defend your allies and the objective.

if you have a tank frame, tank and lead the way.

If you have a nuke frame nuke the enemies. That is, if there are any enemies there. Don’t nuke a empty room just for the sake of being a nuker. Have an actual reason to do it, like why should frost create a snow globe if there’s nothing thst needs to be protected? 

“Don’t work the way you want”. Why do you nuke? To get rid of enemies.        The point of nuking is to slaughter enemies, but if there are no enemies to slaughter, if in slaughtering them to mess up the whole objective, then just don’t? For just 1 minute? Until the objective is complete?

I have a Trinity build that won't use EV and well. Also casts blessing only once pr, like, 40 secs. That build is from old times, still usable, literally can't die. Am I a buff frame?

I have an armor stripping frost, I will cast globe just to safely strip armor from whole room, also potentially destroying whole room in the process. Am I defensive frame?

I have a lavos with 1700hp, which clears enemies from 3 rooms away. Am I a tank frame?

Saryn requires to spam her 4 so 1 can keep spreading and keep the big damage number up. So yes she will nuke for the sake of nuking. If you don't understand that - farm her yourself, it's easy, also you will get some fun mods in the process. Also, before you will try to spit some other nonsense - build the thing you are complaining about yourself and try to use it.

12 minutes ago, Olaf_Silvermane said:

in a nutshell - modern "player" feels entitled to alll the kills on the map and thinks that he can decide how others should play

Saryn is squishy, she requieres a player to move a lot, cause if they wont - they will die.

Wanna see me doing 75 on granum void without xorgis on a loki? step up your game.

Also - nuke frame doing nuking. Sounds like nothing is wrong and you are just as salty as it can get because they don't want to work the way you want?

If you have a buff frame, buff your allies.

If you have a Defense frame, defend your allies and the objective.

if you have a tank frame, tank and lead the way.

If you have a nuke frame nuke the enemies. That is, if there are any enemies there. Don’t nuke a empty room just for the sake of being a nuker. Have an actual reason to do it, like why should frost create a snow globe if there’s nothing thst needs to be protected? 

“Don’t work the way you want”. Why do you nuke? To get rid of enemies.        The point of nuking is to slaughter enemies, but if there are no enemies to slaughter, if in slaughtering them to mess up the whole objective, then just don’t? For just 1 minute? Until the objective is complete?

14 hours ago, (XBOX)Obi Wan Dandobi said:

This is the weirdest forum post I've seen for a while. I've read through 7 pages of this stuff and still have no idea why OP is so angry.

in a nutshell - modern "player" feels entitled to alll the kills on the map and thinks that he can decide how others should play

40 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

giant post that consists of literally not listening to anyone

Saryn is squishy, she requieres a player to move a lot, cause if they wont - they will die.

Wanna see me doing 75 on granum void without xorgis on a loki? step up your game.

Also - nuke frame doing nuking. Sounds like nothing is wrong and you are just as salty as it can get because they don't want to work the way you want?

14 hours ago, NoLife said:

This is incorrect.

Mistake on my part. 

14 hours ago, NoLife said:

Thrall progress is shared. You never at any point needed to be the one doing the stabbing.

Did I not say I wanted to stab the thralls to ENRAGE MY LICH? I know progress is shared but if you don’t stab the thralls the Lich won’t get enraged then the lich will barely ever spawn.

10 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I get the impression that you're devolving into trolling, because now you're just making up stereotypes about players....stereotypes that don't even fit with your earlier arguments.

Ah yes, it really sucks to play with Saryn, because they're stealing all the kills...by spamming all the buttons without knowing what they're doing.  Yeah, this isn't a real situation.

Also you're on PSN, where nobody touches the chat.  Singling out Saryns for doing what literally everyone else is doing is pretty weak.

The more you post in this thread, the more you're exposing that you don't even have a coherent idea of why you dislike Saryn.  I'd recommend quitting before you dig yourself any deeper.

If you hit every ability without knowing when or where to use it in the correct situation, it’s pointless and will eventually get other players annoyed at you. 

what’s wrong with stealing kills? I don’t care about stealing kills I care when the mass slaughter of enemies has a affect that worsens things.  Take a Cetus bounty for example. It’s a capture bounty. Your on the last stage, and the bonus is “Capture the target without killing any other enemy”. Easy right? Not that hard, just dodge bullets, kill the target, then run away. Easy to do, better rewards. Your about to capture the target and get that last bonus, then one second later every enemy is dead. Their bodies are all corroded and evaporating. No bonus :( who was that one player who just couldn’t wait a few seconds before slaughtering everything? Oh right, that saryn player. 

another example (like I mentioned earlier) is a granum void. Everybody knows that you should use the xoris because if you take too long the spectres will combine and level up, so just use the xoris. Your squad goes into granum void, zenith void, and starts throwing xoris. Some spectres are dying even when a xoris isn’t hitting them, and the thing that is killing them takes too long so a bunch of higher level spectres spawn. It’s a corrosive/toxic status effect in them. Which player is trying to— oh yeah saryn.

No, most people (at least who I’ve played with) actually use the chat. If it’s too hot they clear the room or retreat then reply/say something in the chat. I’m singling out the saryn players who don’t, not every saryn. 

13 hours ago, (XBOX)Obi Wan Dandobi said:

This is the weirdest forum post I've seen for a while. I've read through 7 pages of this stuff and still have no idea why OP is so angry.

I am irritated because whenever a saryn joins the mission the player nearly always nukes no matter what the situation is.

I feel like I said something like this in previous messages… 

Nuke. Yes nuke, kill every enemy. It’s exterminate, it’s Defense, it’s a interception, so kill all the enemies. Make the mission go faster. Good.

Nuke, stop nuking please, your trying to nuke even where there’s no enemy to be nuked.

If there is a large group of heavy enemies, nuke then. Kill em, that’s 1 problem out of the way.

Nuke when there’s nothing to nuke, your wasting energy. Nuke when you can get more things/rewards if you don’t nuke, your loss. In a squad? The whole squads loss. 

Before you say 

“There’s tons of other nuker frames” I talk about saryn’s because they have the most efficient nuke. Cool range, very quick kills, mass slaughter, corrosion, toxin. It’s basically like a real life nuke. And why do we nuke? To kill. Why do we kill? To make things easier. What if mass slaughter makes things harder? Then don’t nuke.

19 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

some(most) saryn players I’ve played with do the following.

1. Barely touch the chat.

2. Don’t look at the objective.

3. BULLET JUMP EVERYWHERE AND SPAMMING EVERY BUTTON WITHOUT KNOWING WTH THEY ARE DOING. 

I get the impression that you're devolving into trolling, because now you're just making up stereotypes about players....stereotypes that don't even fit with your earlier arguments.

Ah yes, it really sucks to play with Saryn, because they're stealing all the kills...by spamming all the buttons without knowing what they're doing.  Yeah, this isn't a real situation.

Also you're on PSN, where nobody touches the chat.  Singling out Saryns for doing what literally everyone else is doing is pretty weak.

The more you post in this thread, the more you're exposing that you don't even have a coherent idea of why you dislike Saryn.  I'd recommend quitting before you dig yourself any deeper.

On 2021-09-08 at 6:26 AM, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Me: I need to kill thrills to enrage my lich. You guys need to get rumours too so we’ll do it together and if it’s alright with you, I’ll do the thrall stabbing.

Thrall progress is shared. You never at any point needed to be the one doing the stabbing.

10 minutes ago, ghoti0315 said:

I guess yes... Just dont go to places like hydron and ask people not to nuke. That is silly.

And if you are farming something else there arent really much saryn, maybe you see some if you are in an exterminate mission where you kill people as fast as possible.

Finding squads arent hard imo, unless you are pointlessly doing places like Metis (Rescue in Jupiter) for no reason. Most people I have seen don't bring saryn into most farming missions as well (RJ, void relics...). You just need some patience if you decide to form a squad. GL man

👌 

29 minutes ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

So lets get this straight.. Hydron is for Xp farming.. for most players right  .. so whats your point here?  Is it that you want to test stuff ? is it you want kills ? Is it that you cant get a Larvling to spawn ? (never seen one spawn there but good luck)   Or are you there for XP.. cause this all kinda contradicts its self .. you have new gear you are wanting to test  (kinda weird to test new gear if its not leveled and forma'd) but ok, and Hydron is low level why would you even bother testing anything there? ..  You want fast XP, yet you want to manually kill things slowly instead of using the most efficient way to get XP and level gear is by having a DPS  frame kill quickly while you soak up the XP..  and you stayed for what 20 waves (based on Saryn killing 800+ ) ..  seems like a very strange noobie players post looking at this .. I must admit you gave me a hell of a laugh when you said to everyone, " dash around the map very quickly and steal the energy orbs so the saryn doesn’t wipe the whole map" -  damn that was funny .. just wait until you get a Volt and Saryn in ya squad - fantastic XP farming but I dont think you and "your Non-Saryn friends" would like it much .. lmao.. still cracking up on the noobie steal energy obs thing.. thats made my day ..

I’m long past the volt+saryn. When did I say anything about me wanting to spawn a larvling in Hydron? I meant going into Cassini and when a spamming saryn, out of all frames, joins and then I have to abort the mission and go do another match to get a lich. Forgot that energy orbs are individual to each player. Mistake on my part. What’s the big deal? Your acting like me forgetting energy orbs are individual is like forgetting what warframe is. Sitting around ask and brain dead while 1 person does everything is boring tbh, and so is running around the map chasing the enemies thst aren’t dead yet. I use hydron for XP farming, and most of the time I do farm new weapons for mastery fodder. If I get a new weapon and don’t know how good it is, I wouldn’t know whether to keep the weapon or not without actually using and testing it, and I’m going to spend half an hour farming XP, so why not do a little bit of testing instead? Usually me and 1 more person are the only one(S) in the squad who do that, so the other two carry while we try determine the strength of said weapon, but when a saryn is a member it’s just chasing dead bodies and feels very brain dead.  :|

Also on a side note I’m probably never gonna use hydron again and just use prime junk farming or resource farm. Slower xp farm, more rewards.

Just now, Lutesque said:

I absolutely hate Beam Weapons 😭 

Now that Primed Blunderbuss is a thing I just don't feel the Zarr fever anymore.... But I have a riven for it so I guess it's fun 😝

Sorry...I just don't like Melee.... Real Ninjas use guns 

😝

My username and profile picture is literally the grim reaper lol, ofc I want the most overpowered scythe there is. (I have hate as well). You hate beam weapons? Ignis wraith has innate punch through, (I shoot through doors) extremely low ammo consumption for a flamethrower, and mine has 800+ dps and tons of crit, I can 1 shot anything up til lvl 110.

Kuva Zarr… what can you say about it? It’s a shot-cannon. A shotgun mobile cannon. Unmodded it can easily kill anything in the origin system, modded and potatoed, dominates the steel path.

8 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

And as many people in this thread have expressed, a lot of other players love being in a squad with a Saryn.  You seem to be ignoring that, though, as you seem to be ignoring the fact that if you personally don't want to play with Saryn, there are plenty of viable ways to do that.

Play solo: brain dead.(no reason too)

Premade squad: Unavailable.

Don’t play the game at all: Then nothing happens.

Specifically request no nuking frames/saryns: I gotta wait 20 minutes for a squad.

Clan members/Alliance members: Clan is nearly always offline, alliance is quite big so most people doing their own missions. (So I won’t  attempt force them to join me).

I’m not calling saryn a bad frame, and she can really help in most situations, but as I said before, what I am annoyed at is that some(most) saryn players I’ve played with do the following.

1. Barely touch the chat.

2. Don’t look at the objective.

3. BULLET JUMP EVERYWHERE AND SPAMMING EVERY BUTTON WITHOUT KNOWING WTH THEY ARE DOING. 

They just hit every button they can even in unnecessary situations, and that is why I personally choose to avoid playing with Saryns if I can, so is there anything other than “play solo” or “use a premade squad” because many times I have told you why I can’t.

36 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Ignis_Wraith

*sets a whole platoon aflame*

I absolutely hate Beam Weapons 😭 

37 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Kuva_Zarr

*nukes with a mobile cannon*

Now that Primed Blunderbuss is a thing I just don't feel the Zarr fever anymore.... But I have a riven for it so I guess it's fun 😝

40 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Reaper_Prime

*deals insane red crit with mods and reaper prime

Sorry...I just don't like Melee.... Real Ninjas use guns 

😝

1 hour ago, Dualice said:

If the Saryn is AFK they won't be clearing the map in the way that seems to infuriate you. It's not as braindead as it appears, gotta keep spreading spores, keeping 1 and 3 active. Keeping her alive as well, a lot of players seem to have trouble with that.

Mirage with Explosive Legermain, now that's a real AFK frame for Hydron and Sanctuary.  Press 2 once every few minutes, all there is to it.

Haven’t seen that augment before. I’ll look at it later.

On 2021-09-08 at 2:35 PM, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

I run a mission and ask for people. 1 or 2 people says inv and boom. Got 1-2 saryns in the group. We run a mission, and then I’m just running around the map trying to get in 1 kill but before a single bullet reaches an enemy, they all die because of Saryn. I find it a bit annoying, because they show up all the time in Hydron. I say to the saryn(S) “Ok, me and the others will want kills and to test out our new gear, so don’t spam your kill-everybody-in-the-map abilities yet okay?” And they say “Ok”, and then start spamming every one of their abilities and in the end, me and my non-Saryn friends barely did anything, with 2 percent damage dealt, 6 kills combined, and the Saryn had like 800+ kills. Whenever a saryn joins, I have to message every squad mate to dash around the map very quickly and steal the energy orbs so the saryn doesn’t wipe the whole map off the face of the earth. Even more annoying when I’m trying to get a larvling. then a random saryn joins and I don’t get even get 3 kills. It gets extremely irritating when all you want to do is test the strength of your new warframe or gear against a certain level or get XP fast, and then a Saryn just melts the whole map. WHAT DO I DO ABOUT THIS AND WHY ON EARTH DO PEOPLE USE SARYNS THEN SPAM EVERY BUTTON??? 

So lets get this straight.. Hydron is for Xp farming.. for most players right  .. so whats your point here?  Is it that you want to test stuff ? is it you want kills ? Is it that you cant get a Larvling to spawn ? (never seen one spawn there but good luck)   Or are you there for XP.. cause this all kinda contradicts its self .. you have new gear you are wanting to test  (kinda weird to test new gear if its not leveled and forma'd) but ok, and Hydron is low level why would you even bother testing anything there? ..  You want fast XP, yet you want to manually kill things slowly instead of using the most efficient way to get XP and level gear is by having a DPS  frame kill quickly while you soak up the XP..  and you stayed for what 20 waves (based on Saryn killing 800+ ) ..  seems like a very strange noobie players post looking at this .. I must admit you gave me a hell of a laugh when you said to everyone, " dash around the map very quickly and steal the energy orbs so the saryn doesn’t wipe the whole map" -  damn that was funny .. just wait until you get a Volt and Saryn in ya squad - fantastic XP farming but I dont think you and "your Non-Saryn friends" would like it much .. lmao.. still cracking up on the noobie steal energy obs thing.. thats made my day ..

9 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Petition to kick a afk saryn from the match after a certain timer?

If the Saryn is AFK they won't be clearing the map in the way that seems to infuriate you. It's not as braindead as it appears, gotta keep spreading spores, keeping 1 and 3 active. Keeping her alive as well, a lot of players seem to have trouble with that.

Mirage with Explosive Legermain, now that's a real AFK frame for Hydron and Sanctuary.  Press 2 once every few minutes, all there is to it.

Archived