Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryns…

(PSN)Reaper330011

Question

I run a mission and ask for people. 1 or 2 people says inv and boom. Got 1-2 saryns in the group. We run a mission, and then I’m just running around the map trying to get in 1 kill but before a single bullet reaches an enemy, they all die because of Saryn. I find it a bit annoying, because they show up all the time in Hydron. I say to the saryn(S) “Ok, me and the others will want kills and to test out our new gear, so don’t spam your kill-everybody-in-the-map abilities yet okay?” And they say “Ok”, and then start spamming every one of their abilities and in the end, me and my non-Saryn friends barely did anything, with 2 percent damage dealt, 6 kills combined, and the Saryn had like 800+ kills. Whenever a saryn joins, I have to message every squad mate to dash around the map very quickly and steal the energy orbs so the saryn doesn’t wipe the whole map off the face of the earth. Even more annoying when I’m trying to get a larvling. then a random saryn joins and I don’t get even get 3 kills. It gets extremely irritating when all you want to do is test the strength of your new warframe or gear against a certain level or get XP fast, and then a Saryn just melts the whole map. WHAT DO I DO ABOUT THIS AND WHY ON EARTH DO PEOPLE USE SARYNS THEN SPAM EVERY BUTTON??? 

If you don't want other players to kill all the enemies, you've got two options:

• Become the player who kills all the enemies.
  • Manually setup your squads (either solo or grouped) so that those players can't join you.

Expecting Saryn to not be Saryn is not a realistic solution to the situation. 

In regards to EXP, there is no real problem here:

14 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

It’s faster XP farm if we kill with our own gear, and saryn just overkill…

This seems like a nonsensical complaint.  If it's important to you to get kills with your own gear, then get all the kills yourself by playing solo.  If you aren't playing solo, other players are going to get some of the kills and "slow down" your progress.  This is just the nature of multiplayer gaming.

Beyond that, Saryn is killing the enemies faster than you can, meaning that your rate of EXP accrual is going up.  If it isn't distributed the way you want, change your loadout so it is.

12 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Then how are we supposed to kill people? If we bring an unmodern low level thing only it may get more XP, but how on earth do we kill enemies? (Still, not sure if it works like that though….)

If you have a Saryn in your squad, you don't need to kill people.  Thank the Saryn for the free EXP.  Personally, I love a Saryn in my squad, I wish I could guarantee that anytime I went to level there would be a Saryn there. 

12 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Plus, most of the times I’m levelling a minimum of 2 things at once, so I need to bring a full load out.

If you are leveling at least 2 items, then when Saryn kills something at least 50% of the EXP is going to items you are leveling.  Which is as good if not better than if you killed an enemy yourself with your bad gun.  So your EXP is good, if not better than it would be if you had made the kill yourself.

19 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

I run a mission and ask for people. 1 or 2 people says inv and boom. Got 1-2 saryns in the group. We run a mission, and then I’m just running around the map trying to get in 1 kill but before a single bullet reaches an enemy, they all die because of Saryn. I find it a bit annoying, because they show up all the time in Hydron. I say to the saryn(S) “Ok, me and the others will want kills and to test out our new gear, so don’t spam your kill-everybody-in-the-map abilities yet okay?” And they say “Ok”, and then start spamming every one of their abilities and in the end, me and my non-Saryn friends barely did anything, with 2 percent damage dealt, 6 kills combined, and the Saryn had like 800+ kills. Whenever a saryn joins, I have to message every squad mate to dash around the map very quickly and steal the energy orbs so the saryn doesn’t wipe the whole map off the face of the earth. Even more annoying when I’m trying to get a larvling. then a random saryn joins and I don’t get even get 3 kills. It gets extremely irritating when all you want to do is test the strength of your new warframe or gear against a certain level or get XP fast, and then a Saryn just melts the whole map. WHAT DO I DO ABOUT THIS AND WHY ON EARTH DO PEOPLE USE SARYNS THEN SPAM EVERY BUTTON??? 

just wait until you meet mirages on sanctuary onslaught.

they absolutely thanos snap everything before the saryns could even press a button.

============

on serious attempt to answer your question: just play solo.

randoms on pubs are up to no good, when they say they'll help they actually just want to brag, and there are probably just 2 good groups in every 10 runs.

by playing solo you will also become a better player in the long run.

7 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... Honestly, I believe you'll get better enjoyment from the game just by switching your matchmaking to "Invite Only"... And then invite your friends when they login...

It is “invite only”, by public I mean that I ask if anybody wants to do it as well and if I get responses I invite. I switch to “public” as a type of match if 1 person leaves before the match starts. I already told you, my friends are all nearly always offline when I’m on, if they were online I’d play with them all the time.

11 hours ago, Leyvonne said:

You have 3 options;
1. Accept the fact that public missions / inviting random people will yield random results and people are going to play whatever they want.
2. Play with friends / clan and agree on "no Saryns or other nuke frames".
3. Play solo.

I don't like how other people play (speed / nuke meta) so I play solo to not annoy myself with the gottagofast style and to not annoy them with my slowpoke style.

They can play whatever they want, fine. I can’t  tell them what to play and/or how to play it, and I know if you play saryn, use saryn, but how could I NOT be irritated when they kill everything without even looking at the objective? A lot of saryn’s I’ve played with had one mindset: Spam nuuuukkkess… killl evverryyything.. we were doing a bounty and it told us to capture the target without killing anybody else for a bonus. Who doesn’t like a bonus? As soon as we got near the objective the saryn killed everybody again. Playing with friends? They want to do their own stuff, so I won’t force them to help and come in every match I play. Playing solo? For most levels it’s easy, but even with my reaper prime and trusty Ignis wraith, stuff like Arbitrations and steel path are a little bit difficult solo.

1 hour ago, Soy77 said:

randoms on pubs are up to no good, when they say they'll help they actually just want to brag, and there are probably just 2 good groups in every 10 runs.

(Every saryn I’ve met). When I was a new player and asked for help and a saryn prime came they said things like this as they spammed nukes: “Dam my Saryn Prime is Opppp…. I think it’s the best warframe in the game…. I’m dominating….. too bad though, you can’t get it because people will sell it for plat and it’s vaulted.”

5 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

If you don't want other players to kill all the enemies, you've got two options:

• Become the player who kills all the enemies

Then the other players are basically going to be in my position. A lot of other players I’ve played with have had the same annoyance with a spamming nuking saryn.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

stuff like Arbitrations and steel path are a little bit difficult solo.

Saryn ain't gonna be map wiping steel path, and the whole point of arbitrations is to kill stuff (again saryn won't be able to map wipe super fast and the drones prevent the damage entirely)

1 minute ago, McCIoud said:

Saryn ain't gonna be map wiping steel path, and the whole point of arbitrations is to kill stuff (again saryn won't be able to map wipe super fast and the drones prevent the damage entirely)

Yeah saryn won’t help much, but other frames will. ALOT, and speed up things more than a saryn ever could.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

(Every saryn I’ve met). When I was a new player and asked for help and a saryn prime came they said things like this as they spammed nukes: “Dam my Saryn Prime is Opppp…. I think it’s the best warframe in the game…. I’m dominating….. too bad though, you can’t get it because people will sell it for plat and it’s vaulted.”

you're experiencing too much salt at the moment, you didn't even bothered with the more important sections of my reply. nor anyone's for that matter...

i wish you good luck washing the salt off because it becomes more and more obvious that this is not a PHP thread. you were never looking for help, you just need to let off some steam.

good luck, tenno.

18 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

you're experiencing too much salt at the moment, you didn't even bothered with the more important sections of my reply. nor anyone's for that matter...

i wish you good luck washing the salt off because it becomes more and more obvious that this is not a PHP thread. you were never looking for help, you just need to let off some steam.

good luck, tenno.

Not necessarily, the point of this thread is me asking why nearly every saryn does this annoying nuke spam even in unnecessary situations and what to do about it, since I experience it nearly every time I play warframe :|. “The important parts of your reply” is basically what everybody before you repeated. When we actually do more then a saryn they rage, salt, and leave, which is again, annoying.

23 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

I have to message every squad mate to dash around the map very quickly and steal the energy orbs so the saryn doesn’t wipe the whole map off the face of the earth.

You can't Interact With another player's Health, Energy or Ammo Drops.... atleast not Directly, Booben's Vortex can suck up loot even on Other player's Screen I think... 

On 2021-09-08 at 4:35 AM, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

WHAT DO I DO ABOUT THIS AND WHY ON EARTH DO PEOPLE USE SARYNS THEN SPAM EVERY BUTTON??? 

Thats easy to answer... people use The Simulacrum to test their weapons... and they use Hydron to level them up, which is where Saryn comes in... once you do the Hydron grind  1000 times you start to hope and prey that a Saryn kills everything faster so that you can go back to playing normally again... otherwise you'l be spending more time on Hydron...

23 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Saryns Spore/Miasma spamming is something i really dislike in the game, wile having one in the team does speed up XP farming, it completely removes the "Fun" factor of the game and makes leveling up gear more tedious and feel more like a chore than an fun experiment.

To be fair, there actually isnt a dedicated fun method of leveling up your equipment. if there was then DE wouldnt be able to sell any boosters. 

23 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

You go to Hydron to level, not test builds.

This !!!

22 hours ago, Gibsonx said:

While there are several bugs with simaris’ danger room it is the best place to play around with weapon movement and play style. And allows for changing builds on the fly. You can even invite friends to test frame interactions.  Just remember to have the ai on if testing melee(assuming they haven’t fixed the stealth attack bug). 

I get the impression alot of players simply don't have The Keys :O !!!

22 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I know a special trick you can do, to stop the Saryn's and make them really upset. You want to craft Energy Pads. The large ones. This is a special trick btw, not even the wikia knows about it. Anyway, to stop those annoying Saryn's from levelling people at Hydron, where everyone knows, you go to test new weapons, you want to sneak around them, and then drop the energy pads. Those poor Saryn's won't even know what hit them! They will probably just quit the game right then and there. Then and you and the rest of the players can finally be free and actually be able to earn XP. I mean, uh test out the strong weapons. On Hydron. This won't work on ESO though, but i bet no one will use Saryn there, since what is the point right?

4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-ro

Smoove XD !!!

Just now, Lutesque said:

You can't Interact With another player's Health, Energy or Ammo Drops.... atleast not Directly, Booben's Vortex can suck up loot even on Other player's Screen I think... 

Thats easy to answer... people use The Simulacrum to test their weapons... and they use Hydron to level them up, which is where Saryn comes in... once you do the Hydron grind  1000 times you start to hope and prey that a Saryn kills everything faster so that you can go back to playing normally again... otherwise you'l be spending more time on Hydron...

To be fair, there actually isnt a dedicated fun method of leveling up your equipment. if there was then DE wouldnt be able to sell any boosters. 

This !!!

I get the impression alot of players simply don't have The Keys :O !!!

4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-ro

Smoove XD !!!

1. Found that out yesterday. My mistake.

2. Use training place to test, hydron to level. I’m doing hydron anyway, may as well get something else out of it even if it’s not that significant or if there is a better way to do it.

3. Levelling up things actually can be fun, depending on the scenario. If you manage to synergise extremely well or if something is very intense in a good way, it’s actually very enjoyable.

4. Most people (including myself until 3 days ago) won’t bother to farm the key to training place. 

5. That trick… well I tested it yesterday.. the saryn actually went afk because I think got bored.. 

🧠 

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

2. Use training place to test, hydron to level. I’m doing hydron anyway, may as well get something else out of it even if it’s not that significant or if there is a better way to do it.

Before I stopped playing I use to go to fissures with my Flares and Leech Affinity from other players while simultaneously getting Prime Loot XD !!! Nobody ever complained... infact... they rarely noticed me... :O !

6 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

3. Levelling up things actually can be fun, depending on the scenario. If you manage to synergise extremely well or if something is very intense in a good way, it’s actually very enjoyable.

I guess... but how am I going to Synergise if I don't have access to all my abilities and cant fit on all my mods ? :O 

2 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Before I stopped playing I use to go to fissures with my Flares and Leech Affinity from other players while simultaneously getting Prime Loot XD !!! Nobody ever complained... infact... they rarely noticed me... :O !

I guess... but how am I going to Synergise if I don't have access to all my abilities and cant fit on all my mods ? :O 

That’s where smart guy’s trick comes in: Energy paaaddds

3 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Energy pads = energy. Use energy to spam abilities until you can get every ability. Use any mods you can or stop every 10 waves to install more mods to upgrade your abilities, come back, spam more abilities, energy pads, starter synergy. Max your frame? god synergy.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Energy pads = energy. Use energy to spam abilities until you can get every ability. Use any mods you can or stop every 10 waves to install more mods to upgrade your abilities, come back, spam more abilities, energy pads, starter synergy. Max your frame? god synergy.

Potato the thing your upgrading first if it’s not just for mastery ig.

6 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Hey…. Aren’t you that 10 month not playing informative rift surge guy on my limbo thread?

17 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Flares?

26 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Hey…. Aren’t you that 10 month not playing informative rift surge guy on my limbo thread?

That is indeed me.. :)

16 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Flares?

Phosphor Rhad and Phosphor Blau... its the Flares sold by Nakkak in Cetus... they drastically increase Affinity Radius... people just call them "Cetus Flares".

31 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

People find that abit Disruptive, which is why I stopped using Hydron and started "leeching" in fissures...

32 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Potato the thing your upgrading first if it’s not just for mastery ig.

I usually do, but even with a high Starting Capacity its hard to get even a modest set of mods to fit, unless its a Kuva Weapon.... :P

18 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

That is indeed me.. :)

Phosphor Rhad and Phosphor Blau... its the Flares sold by Nakkak in Cetus... they drastically increase Affinity Radius... people just call them "Cetus Flares".

People find that abit Disruptive, which is why I stopped using Hydron and started "leeching" in fissures...

I usually do, but even with a high Starting Capacity its hard to get even a modest set of mods to fit, unless its a Kuva Weapon.... :P

1. Wow, never knew flares existed on warframe..

2. Starting and stopping kinda ruins flow ye.. by leeching do you mean letting other players carry you but you still get tons of affinity because of them?

3. Yeah with powerful mods you can barely get 1 or 2 even with forma and potato 

On 2021-09-08 at 4:24 PM, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I know a special trick you can do, to stop the Saryn's and make them really upset. You want to craft Energy Pads. The large ones. This is a special trick btw, not even the wikia knows about it. Anyway, to stop those annoying Saryn's from levelling people at Hydron, where everyone knows, you go to test new weapons, you want to sneak around them, and then drop the energy pads. Those poor Saryn's won't even know what hit them! They will probably just quit the game right then and there. Then and you and the rest of the players can finally be free and actually be able to earn XP. I mean, uh test out the strong weapons. On Hydron. This won't work on ESO though, but i bet no one will use Saryn there, since what is the point right?

ohhh dude .. thats some funny sheit.. :)

5 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Not necessarily, the point of this thread is me asking why nearly every saryn does this annoying nuke spam even in unnecessary situations and what to do about it, since I experience it nearly every time I play warframe :|. “The important parts of your reply” is basically what everybody before you repeated. When we actually do more then a saryn they rage, salt, and leave, which is again, annoying.

"is basically what everybody before you repeated"

Which means it's true. It's interesting how you admit seeing collective wisdom right before your eyes yet you still deny it.

The way i see it, you're rather new to the game and not accustomed to some things here. Believe me, as you play more in pubs, spamming nukers are the least of your problems in warframe, at least they're contributing to the missions. You'll soon encounter the toxic afk and leechers, slow players, or troll limbos that'll do everything in their power to hinder your missions instead.

NOBODY GO TO WARFRAME PUBS AND GET WHAT THEY WANT.

Since we're getting plague stars right now, you will learn that sooner than later. Pay attention to how nothing will go the way you want.

The magic mantra that every warframe veterans know is "if you want to do a mission certain way, do it with premade squads". pubs will most absolutely fail you. And since recruiting is dead, most good warframe players just learn to be strong enough and do it solo.

Also, try to not multi-post. It's a no go around this forums (or most other forums for that matter) and would be my last wisdom to share here. It would be interesting to see how you'd react to this advice as well.

Good luck.

5 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Or you just use the weapon in normal gameplay and accept that it's a bit underpowered. Like I said before this is perfectly viable and of course it's easier at higher MR. But I wouldn't do this if you want to forma something multiple times.

I generally select a few mission types that I like to do and go level the weapons there. I do NOT go to Hydron and be braindead. Sure the weapon is levelled up faster. But I'm also having less fun.

Also for me, I accept that certain things take a while. I don't need things to be levelled up in 10 minutes. The result is the same if the weapon or whatever else is levelled up in an hour or maybe even the next day. Sans the frustration. 200 IQ.

7 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Or you just use the weapon in normal gameplay and accept that it's a bit underpowered. Like I said before this is perfectly viable and of course it's easier at higher MR. But I wouldn't do this if you want to forma something multiple times.

I generally select a few mission types that I like to do and go level the weapons there. I do NOT go to Hydron and be braindead. Sure the weapon is levelled up faster. But I'm also having less fun.

Also for me, I accept that certain things take a while. I don't need things to be levelled up in 10 minutes. The result is the same if the weapon or whatever else is levelled up in an hour or maybe even the next day. Sans the frustration. 200 IQ.

I'm with you on that- I like Gabii for leveling melee and Telesto for ranged though I can bounce about heh. Sagacia is it on Neptune? I use for Archwing as whilst many recommend RJ I find that the Mobile Defense is more efficient and my AW gear levels up just as fast but without risking a crash as I boarded a ship - happened a looot in my Earth Proxima missions *nods*.

Hydron I just found boring as heck but then I am predominantly a Solo player heh

Just now, (PSN)Claudija said:

I'm with you on that- I like Gabii for leveling melee and Telesto for ranged though I can bounce about heh. Sagacia is it on Neptune? I use for Archwing as whilst many recommend RJ I find that the Mobile Defense is more efficient and my AW gear levels up just as fast but without risking a crash as I boarded a ship - happened a looot in my Earth Proxima missions *nods*.

Hydron I just found boring as heck but then I am predominantly a Solo player heh

Railjack is ok if you have no gunners on your ship. Otherwise they will just oneshot everything. Higher level Railjack fighters are very tough and hit hard including the many crew ships. So that might be a bit more challenging, but not impossible. The mobile defense om neptune is one of the easier methods yes.

I like to alternate mission types so I "do something else" while I level up. Like going for resources, relics, etc. Affinity is everywhere you go. Just certain places grant more than others. Global affinity is key in certain types of play. Spy missions and Railjack award the most global affinity. Perfect for levelling up things like a Kavat for instance.

Archived