Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryns…

(PSN)Reaper330011

Question

I run a mission and ask for people. 1 or 2 people says inv and boom. Got 1-2 saryns in the group. We run a mission, and then I’m just running around the map trying to get in 1 kill but before a single bullet reaches an enemy, they all die because of Saryn. I find it a bit annoying, because they show up all the time in Hydron. I say to the saryn(S) “Ok, me and the others will want kills and to test out our new gear, so don’t spam your kill-everybody-in-the-map abilities yet okay?” And they say “Ok”, and then start spamming every one of their abilities and in the end, me and my non-Saryn friends barely did anything, with 2 percent damage dealt, 6 kills combined, and the Saryn had like 800+ kills. Whenever a saryn joins, I have to message every squad mate to dash around the map very quickly and steal the energy orbs so the saryn doesn’t wipe the whole map off the face of the earth. Even more annoying when I’m trying to get a larvling. then a random saryn joins and I don’t get even get 3 kills. It gets extremely irritating when all you want to do is test the strength of your new warframe or gear against a certain level or get XP fast, and then a Saryn just melts the whole map. WHAT DO I DO ABOUT THIS AND WHY ON EARTH DO PEOPLE USE SARYNS THEN SPAM EVERY BUTTON??? 

2 hours ago, Soy77 said:

"is basically what everybody before you repeated"

Which means it's true. It's interesting how you admit seeing collective wisdom right before your eyes yet you still deny it.

The way i see it, you're rather new to the game and not accustomed to some things here. Believe me, as you play more in pubs, spamming nukers are the least of your problems in warframe, at least they're contributing to the missions. You'll soon encounter the toxic afk and leechers, slow players, or troll limbos that'll do everything in their power to hinder your missions instead.

NOBODY GO TO WARFRAME PUBS AND GET WHAT THEY WANT.

Since we're getting plague stars right now, you will learn that sooner than later. Pay attention to how nothing will go the way you want.

The magic mantra that every warframe veterans know is "if you want to do a mission certain way, do it with premade squads". pubs will most absolutely fail you. And since recruiting is dead, most good warframe players just learn to be strong enough and do it solo.

Also, try to not multi-post. It's a no go around this forums (or most other forums for that matter) and would be my last wisdom to share here. It would be interesting to see how you'd react to this advice as well.

Good luck.

Well, this This thread ended up being much longer than I expected. As I said before, twice, I have attempted many times to make a premade squad. Not an option. 

I’m already a decent player and can solo nearly everything up to level 110. It’s literally w multiplayer game, so I attempt to actually play the game as “Multi” instead of “Solo”. Playing with others speeds things up and makes the game more enjoyable. Yeah pubs are unreliable, I learned that now.

Thought about it, went with it anyway, turns out I shouldn’t. Thanks for the multi-posting advice. 

On 2021-09-08 at 12:24 PM, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I know a special trick you can do, to stop the Saryn's and make them really upset. You want to craft Energy Pads. The large ones. This is a special trick btw, not even the wikia knows about it. Anyway, to stop those annoying Saryn's from levelling people at Hydron, where everyone knows, you go to test new weapons, you want to sneak around them, and then drop the energy pads. Those poor Saryn's won't even know what hit them! They will probably just quit the game right then and there. Then and you and the rest of the players can finally be free and actually be able to earn XP. I mean, uh test out the strong weapons. On Hydron. This won't work on ESO though, but i bet no one will use Saryn there, since what is the point right?

This, and a few other messages have actually been the most useful so far. (And smurt as hell)

Welp, I’m never using Hydron again. Solid reasons why in this thread.

Just now, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Well, this This thread ended up being much longer than I expected. As I said before, twice, I have attempted many times to make a premade squad. Not an option. 

I’m already a decent player and can solo nearly everything up to level 110. It’s literally w multiplayer game, so I attempt to actually play the game as “Multi” instead of “Solo”. Playing with others speeds things up and makes the game more enjoyable. Yeah pubs are unreliable, I learned that now.

Thought about it, went with it anyway, turns out I shouldn’t. Thanks for the multi-posting advice. 

This, and a few other messages have actually been the most useful so far. (And smurt as hell)

Welp, I’m never using Hydron again. Solid reasons why in this thread.

Six pages, wow.

14 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Then the other players are basically going to be in my position. A lot of other players I’ve played with have had the same annoyance with a spamming nuking saryn.

And as many people in this thread have expressed, a lot of other players love being in a squad with a Saryn.  You seem to be ignoring that, though, as you seem to be ignoring the fact that if you personally don't want to play with Saryn, there are plenty of viable ways to do that.

9 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Petition to kick a afk saryn from the match after a certain timer?

If the Saryn is AFK they won't be clearing the map in the way that seems to infuriate you. It's not as braindead as it appears, gotta keep spreading spores, keeping 1 and 3 active. Keeping her alive as well, a lot of players seem to have trouble with that.

Mirage with Explosive Legermain, now that's a real AFK frame for Hydron and Sanctuary.  Press 2 once every few minutes, all there is to it.

On 2021-09-08 at 2:35 PM, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

I run a mission and ask for people. 1 or 2 people says inv and boom. Got 1-2 saryns in the group. We run a mission, and then I’m just running around the map trying to get in 1 kill but before a single bullet reaches an enemy, they all die because of Saryn. I find it a bit annoying, because they show up all the time in Hydron. I say to the saryn(S) “Ok, me and the others will want kills and to test out our new gear, so don’t spam your kill-everybody-in-the-map abilities yet okay?” And they say “Ok”, and then start spamming every one of their abilities and in the end, me and my non-Saryn friends barely did anything, with 2 percent damage dealt, 6 kills combined, and the Saryn had like 800+ kills. Whenever a saryn joins, I have to message every squad mate to dash around the map very quickly and steal the energy orbs so the saryn doesn’t wipe the whole map off the face of the earth. Even more annoying when I’m trying to get a larvling. then a random saryn joins and I don’t get even get 3 kills. It gets extremely irritating when all you want to do is test the strength of your new warframe or gear against a certain level or get XP fast, and then a Saryn just melts the whole map. WHAT DO I DO ABOUT THIS AND WHY ON EARTH DO PEOPLE USE SARYNS THEN SPAM EVERY BUTTON??? 

So lets get this straight.. Hydron is for Xp farming.. for most players right  .. so whats your point here?  Is it that you want to test stuff ? is it you want kills ? Is it that you cant get a Larvling to spawn ? (never seen one spawn there but good luck)   Or are you there for XP.. cause this all kinda contradicts its self .. you have new gear you are wanting to test  (kinda weird to test new gear if its not leveled and forma'd) but ok, and Hydron is low level why would you even bother testing anything there? ..  You want fast XP, yet you want to manually kill things slowly instead of using the most efficient way to get XP and level gear is by having a DPS  frame kill quickly while you soak up the XP..  and you stayed for what 20 waves (based on Saryn killing 800+ ) ..  seems like a very strange noobie players post looking at this .. I must admit you gave me a hell of a laugh when you said to everyone, " dash around the map very quickly and steal the energy orbs so the saryn doesn’t wipe the whole map" -  damn that was funny .. just wait until you get a Volt and Saryn in ya squad - fantastic XP farming but I dont think you and "your Non-Saryn friends" would like it much .. lmao.. still cracking up on the noobie steal energy obs thing.. thats made my day ..

23 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

It's more than just "Abit Underpowered" 

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Ignis_Wraith

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Kuva_Zarr

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Reaper_Prime

*sets a whole platoon aflame*

*nukes with a mobile cannon*

*deals insane red crit with mods and reaper prime

29 minutes ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

So lets get this straight.. Hydron is for Xp farming.. for most players right  .. so whats your point here?  Is it that you want to test stuff ? is it you want kills ? Is it that you cant get a Larvling to spawn ? (never seen one spawn there but good luck)   Or are you there for XP.. cause this all kinda contradicts its self .. you have new gear you are wanting to test  (kinda weird to test new gear if its not leveled and forma'd) but ok, and Hydron is low level why would you even bother testing anything there? ..  You want fast XP, yet you want to manually kill things slowly instead of using the most efficient way to get XP and level gear is by having a DPS  frame kill quickly while you soak up the XP..  and you stayed for what 20 waves (based on Saryn killing 800+ ) ..  seems like a very strange noobie players post looking at this .. I must admit you gave me a hell of a laugh when you said to everyone, " dash around the map very quickly and steal the energy orbs so the saryn doesn’t wipe the whole map" -  damn that was funny .. just wait until you get a Volt and Saryn in ya squad - fantastic XP farming but I dont think you and "your Non-Saryn friends" would like it much .. lmao.. still cracking up on the noobie steal energy obs thing.. thats made my day ..

I’m long past the volt+saryn. When did I say anything about me wanting to spawn a larvling in Hydron? I meant going into Cassini and when a spamming saryn, out of all frames, joins and then I have to abort the mission and go do another match to get a lich. Forgot that energy orbs are individual to each player. Mistake on my part. What’s the big deal? Your acting like me forgetting energy orbs are individual is like forgetting what warframe is. Sitting around ask and brain dead while 1 person does everything is boring tbh, and so is running around the map chasing the enemies thst aren’t dead yet. I use hydron for XP farming, and most of the time I do farm new weapons for mastery fodder. If I get a new weapon and don’t know how good it is, I wouldn’t know whether to keep the weapon or not without actually using and testing it, and I’m going to spend half an hour farming XP, so why not do a little bit of testing instead? Usually me and 1 more person are the only one(S) in the squad who do that, so the other two carry while we try determine the strength of said weapon, but when a saryn is a member it’s just chasing dead bodies and feels very brain dead.  :|

Also on a side note I’m probably never gonna use hydron again and just use prime junk farming or resource farm. Slower xp farm, more rewards.

1 hour ago, Dualice said:

If the Saryn is AFK they won't be clearing the map in the way that seems to infuriate you. It's not as braindead as it appears, gotta keep spreading spores, keeping 1 and 3 active. Keeping her alive as well, a lot of players seem to have trouble with that.

Mirage with Explosive Legermain, now that's a real AFK frame for Hydron and Sanctuary.  Press 2 once every few minutes, all there is to it.

Haven’t seen that augment before. I’ll look at it later.

36 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Ignis_Wraith

*sets a whole platoon aflame*

I absolutely hate Beam Weapons 😭 

37 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Kuva_Zarr

*nukes with a mobile cannon*

Now that Primed Blunderbuss is a thing I just don't feel the Zarr fever anymore.... But I have a riven for it so I guess it's fun 😝

40 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Reaper_Prime

*deals insane red crit with mods and reaper prime

Sorry...I just don't like Melee.... Real Ninjas use guns 

😝

8 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

And as many people in this thread have expressed, a lot of other players love being in a squad with a Saryn.  You seem to be ignoring that, though, as you seem to be ignoring the fact that if you personally don't want to play with Saryn, there are plenty of viable ways to do that.

Play solo: brain dead.(no reason too)

Premade squad: Unavailable.

Don’t play the game at all: Then nothing happens.

Specifically request no nuking frames/saryns: I gotta wait 20 minutes for a squad.

Clan members/Alliance members: Clan is nearly always offline, alliance is quite big so most people doing their own missions. (So I won’t  attempt force them to join me).

I’m not calling saryn a bad frame, and she can really help in most situations, but as I said before, what I am annoyed at is that some(most) saryn players I’ve played with do the following.

1. Barely touch the chat.

2. Don’t look at the objective.

3. BULLET JUMP EVERYWHERE AND SPAMMING EVERY BUTTON WITHOUT KNOWING WTH THEY ARE DOING. 

They just hit every button they can even in unnecessary situations, and that is why I personally choose to avoid playing with Saryns if I can, so is there anything other than “play solo” or “use a premade squad” because many times I have told you why I can’t.

Just now, Lutesque said:

I absolutely hate Beam Weapons 😭 

Now that Primed Blunderbuss is a thing I just don't feel the Zarr fever anymore.... But I have a riven for it so I guess it's fun 😝

Sorry...I just don't like Melee.... Real Ninjas use guns 

😝

My username and profile picture is literally the grim reaper lol, ofc I want the most overpowered scythe there is. (I have hate as well). You hate beam weapons? Ignis wraith has innate punch through, (I shoot through doors) extremely low ammo consumption for a flamethrower, and mine has 800+ dps and tons of crit, I can 1 shot anything up til lvl 110.

Kuva Zarr… what can you say about it? It’s a shot-cannon. A shotgun mobile cannon. Unmodded it can easily kill anything in the origin system, modded and potatoed, dominates the steel path.

17 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

You hate beam weapons?

Yep.... I just hate anything that's Continuous so Automatic Weapons are not my thing... But Beams are especially Frustrating for me.

17 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

No?

Was I lied to ? 😱

Yeah I was... Seems like it's not Real 😭 !!!

2021/9/8 PM12点18分 , (PSN)Reaper330011 说:

I didn’t ask for HELP. I asked for people who wanna farm XP as well.

I dont see the difference between these two sentences. Nonetheless, 

50分钟前 , (PSN)Reaper330011 说:

Specifically request no nuking frames/saryns: I gotta wait 20 minutes for a squad.

So basically you are asking for an XP farm without a saryn? That is an absurd request because 99% of XP farms in this game consists of mirage or saryn. (You may dislike mirage as well lol)

No sane person will "test out their gears" or "have fun" in an XP grinding mission like onslaught or hydron. If you want to do that simulacrum is your place, and I doubt you could barely test anything with underforma or underleveled gears as well.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

I meant going into Cassini and when a spamming saryn, out of all frames, joins and then I have to abort the mission and go do another match to get a lich.

Doing lich spawn runs anything but solo seems pretty braindead, but whatever floats your boat. This whole thread of delicious salt does make me want to go dust off my nuke Saryn tho, so thanks for that.

25 minutes ago, ghoti0315 said:

I dont see the difference between these two sentences. Nonetheless, 

So basically you are asking for an XP farm without a saryn? That is an absurd request because 99% of XP farms in this game consists of mirage or saryn. (You may dislike mirage as well lol)

No sane person will "test out their gears" or "have fun" in an XP grinding mission like onslaught or hydron. If you want to do that simulacrum is your place, and I doubt you could barely test anything with underforma or underleveled gears as well.

Once again I didn’t specify XP FARMS. I’m talking about any missions in general that I want to do public.

No, I’ve actually been looking for a mirage prime because my mirage too squishy.

If your gonna XP farm, XP farm. If you can do something else while doing that, why not do it?

Most of this thread has been narrowed down to “XP farming “ and not “Other missions where the saryn nukes everything without needing to”

51 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Yep.... I just hate anything that's Continuous so Automatic Weapons are not my thing... But Beams are especially Frustrating for me.

Was I lied to ? 😱

Rip, lad. I don’t like automatics (excluding acceltra) and I only like the Ignis wraith if your talking about beams

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Was I lied to ? 😱

Rip, lad. I don’t like automatics (excluding acceltra) and I only like the Ignis wraith if your talking about beams

WTF ANOTHER DOUBLE POST

16分钟前 , (PSN)Reaper330011 说:

Once again I didn’t specify XP FARMS

What you said earlier was directed to XP farms. I dont see difference between "LF people who wanna farm XP" and "LF XP farm".

Of course doing anything in WF solo would be boring, but I guess if you do public matches, then you see a lot of people from outside. If you dislike saryn to the extent that you dont want to see her, then the best way for you is to, well, go solo. Or find a squad for whatever missions ur running.

And nuking isnt exclusive to saryn as well - Ember, equinox, gauss, nezha could do map nuking as well. Nuking in lvl 50- maps aren't gamebreaking as well. If you straight up dislike that then go solo without a nuking frame, no one is stopping you :)

As for "doing something else"... I could always do something else with my phone. Let the right people do stuff that they are efficient in doing.

1 minute ago, ghoti0315 said:

What you said earlier was directed to XP farms. I dont see difference between "LF people who wanna farm XP" and "LF XP farm".

Of course doing anything in WF solo would be boring, but I guess if you do public matches, then you see a lot of people from outside. If you dislike saryn to the extent that you dont want to see her, then the best way for you is to, well, go solo. Or find a squad for whatever missions ur running.

And nuking isnt exclusive to saryn as well - Ember, equinox, gauss, nezha could do map nuking as well. Nuking in lvl 50- maps aren't gamebreaking as well. If you straight up dislike that then go solo without a nuking frame, no one is stopping you :)

By nuke I literally mean, a nuke. Saryn’s ability reminds me of a real life nuke because of the body corrosion and stuff after their dear, and nobody nukes as powerful as her so she’s a special case tbh. Hmm…

I’ll try find a specific squad later.  haven’t tried yet, doubt it though tbh. 

I don’t dislike nukes I dislike nukes when they (no wait that sounds wrong)

I don’t dislike nukes, I just get annoyed at the nukers when they nuke in every unnecessary situation, which makes the situation worse and harder. It’s not as bad as some limbo players but a lot of nukers just… kill the brains of the whole squad and make people just leave out of boredom. When we need somebody to exterminate a platoon of high level heavy enemies, Who you gonna call? FactionBusters! Saryn, Ember, Mirage, etc are all professional at that and when they are needed I can really appreciate them, but when they just nuke, even when there’s nothing to nuke, it just makes you really annoyed and irritated.

Archived