Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Warframe Concept: Morbus {+ART}

(PSN)HES92

35za2y19a5m71.jpg

Celebrating Nidus Prime arrival with a new infested warframe concept!

Infested Warframe: MORBUS aka (The Pimple Popper), Sacrificing and regenerating his own body parts to use his abilities.

Theme: Infestation, Juggernaut and Cysts

Name: Morbus

Passive: Slowly regenerates Health overtime. When hit the egg-sac on his back erupts, spawning a maggot emitting Viral spores (cool-down 15sec)

Shield: 0

Health: 1050 (R30)

Armor: 350 (R30)

Energy: 0

Abilities:

1 - Cost 25 Health, Kicks one cyst out of his leg onto a surface (up to 4 total) HOLD to explode them in a Corrosive puddle, standing in the puddle will clear status effects.

2 - Cost 50 Health, Explode his head in a small radius to get covered in Toxin; increases Morbus armor by xx%. Enemies hit by the explosion will be striped xx% of their defences.

3 - Cost 75 Health, Erupts 3 cysts on his chest to spawn 3 Tendril Drones which will each seek out a target to control. While being attached to the mind controlled enemy they will steal health overtime and heal Morbus by xx% per second. RECAST while the Tendril drones are still active will let them explode in a cloud of spores dealing Viral damage in a X radius.

4 - Cost 100 Health, Spawn a giant cyst creating a Gas bubble in a X radius emitting Gas status. Mind controlled enemies will deal xx% extra damage while standing in the gas bubble. HOLD to explode in a X radius creating a Corrosive puddle slowing enemies. If a mind controlled enemy stands in the puddle health absorption will be doubled.

8 hours ago, (PSN)HES92 said:

Passive: Slowly regenerates Health overtime. When hit the egg-sac on his back erupts, spawning a maggot emitting Viral spores (cool-down 15sec)

K

Cost 25 Health, Kicks one cyst out of his leg onto a surface (up to 4 total) HOLD to explode them in a Corrosive puddle, standing in the puddle will clear status effects.

K

Cost 50 Health, Explode his head in a small radius to get covered in Toxin; increases Morbus armor by xx%. Enemies hit by the explosion will be striped xx% of their defences.

Interesting, I like it but him gaining armor confuses me. How will it make sense? An exploded head sounds like you'd be weaker

Cost 75 Health, Erupts 3 cysts on his chest to spawn 3 Tendril Drones which will each seek out a target to control. While being attached to the mind controlled enemy they will steal health overtime and heal Morbus by xx% per second. RECAST while the Tendril drones are still active will let them explode in a cloud of spores dealing Viral damage in a X radius.

Eh, real close to saryn is my only issue with this but I'll deal 

Cost 100 Health, Spawn a giant cyst creating a Gas bubble in a X radius emitting Gas status. Mind controlled enemies will deal xx% extra damage while standing in the gas bubble. HOLD to explode in a X radius creating a Corrosive puddle slowing enemies. If a mind controlled enemy stands in the puddle health absorption will be doubled

So wait, the puddle is dealing extra damage or the mind controlled enemies are dealing extra damage with their weapons?

If it's the latter I'd say don't do that. The damage enemies deal to each other is downright horrible even at level 20. The higher the level the much worse it gets. The puddle dealing more damage sounds much nicer

Overall I do like the concept. I've recently been becoming really attracted to the infested too. 

But check this, while a new infested frame sounds cool and all. What if this new warframe was hidden inside of nidus? What if there was a special interaction that could happen between nidus and the helminth on your ship that could mutate nidus into this new warframe? Transformation cutscene and all?

20 hours ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

So wait, the puddle is dealing extra damage or the mind controlled enemies are dealing extra damage with their weapons?

If it's the latter I'd say don't do that. The damage enemies deal to each other is downright horrible even at level 20. The higher the level the much worse it gets. The puddle dealing more damage sounds much nicer

The idea was to increase the damage of the controlled enemies by his 3, while they are standing in the gas bubble (Which is proccing Gas status every few second to all enemies within.) The increased damage can indeed be neglected, but it does create some nice CC and is just an extra gimmick.

But when the bubble is still active and you use the fourth ability again. The cluster of cyst will explode, removing the Gas bubble and create a giant Corrosive puddle. The enemies standing in the corrosive puss will be slowed and their armor (slowly) striped away because of the corrosive procs. This is where the increase health absorption from the controlled enemies by his 3 can be usefull. Since all enemies within the puddle are slowed, so will their damage output and 'Morbus' can Heal even faster.

20 hours ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

But check this, while a new infested frame sounds cool and all. What if this new warframe was hidden inside of nidus? What if there was a special interaction that could happen between nidus and the helminth on your ship that could mutate nidus into this new warframe? Transformation cutscene and all?

I like this, sounds like a cool way to start his quest.

Archived