Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

September 2021 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

There has been feedback for years on this system that seems to fall on deaf ears. It's honestly mind-blowing that this charade of Riven Disposition continues when it ultimately changes nothing about weapon choice and discourages involvement. It would be really nice if players could be trusted with their feedback for once given how they see how this affects the Riven economy, time investment, and general feelings towards the system.

You can tell this system doesn't even make sense. Kuva Zarr and Tenet Cycron get buffs while nerfing the Brakk? Did Kuva Bramma and Kuva Nukor not teach us anything? AoE weapons continue to dominate the roster because there is no downside to this type of equipment, and it overshadows all weapons with precision aiming requirements. Brakk is a single target shotgun pistol. It can never physically see the practicality that AoE beams like Nukor and Cycron possess because it lacks the ability to kill crowds without aiming.

Pushing Glaive Prime into the ground for the invested Riven owners over time after releasing a very nice buff to the underused weapon class is also another problem of many with how disposition treats invested players who put time into their gear.

A system that feels better for players is ultimately more profitable through reception. Players don't enjoy having their inventory periodically tampered with in an unpredictable direction. Disposition always causes a stir and never makes any dent into how most people actually choose equipment. All this system continues to do is punish players the more they get into it, or at the very least creating unwanted inventory stress that doesn't need to be there.

12 hours ago, Samurai_Y said:

Noob here!
What do the numbers mean Mason?

If you have a Riven for XYZ weapon, disposition numbers represent the "ceiling" for stats said Riven can give you. Higher numbers mean higher ceiling and thus better stats.

These are applied retroactively. This means some people just got their Rivens buffed (Green), while others got their Rivens nerfed (Red).

Here's an example:

3 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Well my names not Mason but...

Green = Good
Red = Bad

For an example, one stat on my Soma Prime, shows the magazine capacity has gone from 329 to 335. 🤣

---------------

These stats are adjusted every Prime Access (~ Ever 3 months), and the intention is to give weak/unpopular weapons bigger/better stats. Popular weapons on the other hand may get a disposition nerf (Which only affects you if you happen to be using a Riven for said weapon).

20 hours ago, XHADgaming said:

Ankyros: 1.45->1.5

A new possible Stat stick riven dispo to use instead of the amphis, awesome.

Also a bunch of really good weapons that I use got buffed so I am impressed with these changes, although the kuva brakk and kuva ogris getting a sleight nerf is a bit disappointing. 

Kuva Zarr gets a buff yet not the Tenet Envoy ????? After thinking about it, it sorta makes sense considering people don't want to go through the slog of the bloated kuva weapons pool to enjoy new weapons compared to the tenet weapons so that is why all of the new kuva weapons got dispo increases yet the tenet envoy and tenet arca plasmor didn't get dispo increases due to more people being able to access them.

pPrecisely that. Most casuals use the envoy over the zarr as it much easier to obtain, despite being greatly inferior.

2 hours ago, (PSN)GOTWIC said:

pPrecisely that. Most casuals use the envoy over the zarr as it much easier to obtain, despite being greatly inferior.

Envoy is also more straightforward: no individual reload, no sub--projectiles, no secondary fire, the rocket flies straight. You can get more out of Zarr, but if you just want to see things go boom, Envoy is much easier to get and use.

And Ogris got that new UT skin this cycle, which probably explains that nerf.(And also demonstrates why totally formula-based balancing isn't really a good idea.) ADD: Although, Stahlta, also a powerful gun with new UT skin, actually got a buff... So maybe that's not it...

39 minutes ago, nebfab said:

Envoy is also more straightforward: no individual reload, no sub--projectiles, no secondary fire, the rocket flies straight. You can get more out of Zarr, but if you just want to see things go boom, Envoy is much easier to get and use.

And Ogris got that new UT skin this cycle, which probably explains that nerf.(And also demonstrates why totally formula-based balancing isn't really a good idea.) ADD: Although, Stahlta, also a powerful gun with new UT skin, actually got a buff... So maybe that's not it...

I REALLY wanted that skin but i refused to put that epic crap on my computer...I hope theres another way to get them later. 

On 2021-09-08 at 11:08 AM, [DE]Connor said:

Greetings Tenno!

Nidus Prime Access brings the master of mutation to the Origin System. Riven Mods are of a similar sort - constantly mutating and evolving - and this Prime Access is no different.

The Sisters of Parvos update introduced many new powerful weapons, the Tenet series, which caused a period of volatility in usage stats. We are still evaluating the strength of these weapons, but have done our best to add power where it seemed appropriate.

We’ve also taken this opportunity to slightly change how we calculate Riven values internally, in terms of the tools we use. This change, combined with shifting trends, means that this disposition update adjusts more numbers than usual (but nothing too extreme!)

Without further ado, here’s what to expect in the update:

RIFLES

Hide contents

Amprex: 0.75->0.8

Battacor: 1.05->1.1

Boltor: 1.25->1.3
Telos Boltor: 1.15->1.2
Boltor Prime: 1.15->1.2

Tenet Flux Rifle: 0.5->0.7

Fulmin: 0.65->0.7

Gaze (primary): 1->1.05

Komorex: 1.1->1.15

Lanka: 1->1.05

Kuva Ogris: 0.9->0.85

Opticor: 1.1->1.15
Opticor Vandal: 1->1.05

Panthera Prime: 1.15->1.2

Proboscis Cernos: 0.55->0.6

Rubico: 0.9->0.95

Soma: 1.1->1.15
Soma Prime: 1->1.05

Sporothrix: 1.1->1.2

Stahlta: 0.85->0.9

Supra: 1.05->1.1
Supra Vandal: 0.95->1

Sybaris: 1.25->1.3
Dex Sybaris: 1.2->1.25
Sybaris Prime: 1.15->1.2

Tenora Prime: 0.5->0.8

Tenet Tetra: 0.5->0.7

Tiberon Prime: 0.9->0.95

Tombfinger (primary): 0.85->0.9

Trumna: 0.75->0.8

Vectis: 1.05->1.1

Kuva Zarr: 0.5->0.6

SHOTGUNS

Hide contents

Arca Plasmor: 0.7->0.8

Astilla: 1.2->1.25
Astilla Prime: 0.5->0.8

Cedo: 0.6->0.65

Corinth: 1.1->1.15

Kuva Hek: 0.5->0.7

Tigris: 1.1->1.15
Sancti Tigris: 0.95->1
Tigris Prime: 0.85->0.9

PISTOLS

Hide contents

Akbolto Prime: 1.15->1.2

Akjagara Prime: 0.9->0.95

Aklex Prime: 0.85->0.9

Akstiletto Prime: 0.65->0.7

Atomos: 0.9->0.95

Kuva Brakk: 0.9->0.85

Catabolyst: 1->1.1

Tenet Cycron: 0.5->0.65

Mara Detron: 1->1.1
Tenet Detron: 0.5->0.65

Epitaph: 0.5->0.55

Euphona Prime: 0.8->0.85

Kompressa: 0.5->0.75

Kuva Twin Stubba: 0.9->0.85

Pandero: 1.1->1.15
Pandero Prime: 0.75->0.85

Kuva Seer: 0.95->1

Sepulcrum: 0.95->1

Tenet Diplos: 0.5->0.55

Tenet Spirex: 0.5->0.6

Twin Grakatas: 1.15->1.2

Velox: 1.15->1.2

Zakti Prime: 0.9->0.95

Zymos: 1.05->1.1

MELEES

Hide contents

Arum Spinosa: 1.05->1.1

Atterax: 1.05->1.1

Galatine Prime: 0.8->0.85

Galvacord: 1.3->1.35

Glaive Prime: 0.9->0.8

Halikar Wraith: 0.75->0.85

Kreska: 1.3->1.35

Kronen Prime: 0.65->0.6

Mios: 1.25->1.3

Nami Skyla Prime: 1->0.95

Ohma: 1.15->1.2

Orthos Prime: 0.65->0.7

Pulmonars: 1.05->1.1

Secura Lecta: 1.1->1.15

Tatsu: 0.95->1

Tenet Agendus: 0.5->0.55

Tenet Exec: 0.5->0.6

Tenet Grigori: 0.5->0.65

Tenet Livia: 0.5->0.6

Vastilok: 0.5->0.7

Venka: 1.05->1.1

Vitrica: 0.85->0.9

Volnus Prime: 0.5->0.8

War: 1->1.05

Zenistar: 1.1->1.15

ARCHGUNS

Reveal hidden contents

Prisma Dual Decurion: 1.05->1.1

Grattler: 1->1.05
Kuva Grattler: 0.5->0.6

Imperator: 1.05->1.1
Imperator Vandal: 0.85->0.9

Larkspur: 0.85->0.9

Morgha: 0.85->0.9

Thanks everyone!

Imagine buying a car at face value, taking it home, and waking up the next morning to find out the dealership decided you weren't allowed to keep the wheels that came with it so they stole them from you. You call the dealership and they tell you its not their problem, regardless of the morality.

Thats riven disposition. lol.

On 2021-09-08 at 1:04 PM, XHADgaming said:

A new possible Stat stick riven dispo to use instead of the amphis, awesome.

Also a bunch of really good weapons that I use got buffed so I am impressed with these changes, although the kuva brakk and kuva ogris getting a sleight nerf is a bit disappointing. 

Kuva Zarr gets a buff yet not the Tenet Envoy ????? After thinking about it, it sorta makes sense considering people don't want to go through the slog of the bloated kuva weapons pool to enjoy new weapons compared to the tenet weapons so that is why all of the new kuva weapons got dispo increases yet the tenet envoy and tenet arca plasmor didn't get dispo increases due to more people being able to access them.

Kuva Zarr isn't as good as people think it is.

Which isn't to say it's bad, but the hype is absolutely wrongheaded.

At this point it just feels like we scream into the wind when it comes to this but i'll do this again for the billionth time.

Why would anyone ever buy the prime access when the weapons in them will be inferior to 2 year+ old variants of the same weapon for 4+ months?

Strun prime? terrible.
Magnus prime? terrible.

Players who aren't new to the game will have built up a riven collection for their favorite weapons. By using a new primed weapon,they're downgrading considerably from what they've been using for years.
You have ruined any and all future weapon releases when it comes to prime access.
When anyone brings this up you get people telling us,hey,just wait AFTER you spend money on this for several months until the weapon gets actually usable compared to multi year old variants.

Jokes on you,I'm never buying a prime access again until something is done about this. I don't exist in the far distant future where my astilla prime is actually worth using over my several year old regular astilla.  I live in the present.   I want to have fun now,not next year or the year after that whenever you finally decide what you're doing with new variant dispositions.

Kuva hekk is another great example of how you refuse to let something that takes a thousand times more effort to get over several year old variants be any kind of stronger than something a MR 4 can get.
Weapon variants like primes,wraiths,etc. were supposed to be upgrades.  Not downgrades.  

It's okay for there to be a progression in weapons you use. People should be moving from hek to kuva hek because it's supposed to be better.  Primes should be better than year old variants. It's okay for upgrades to be stronger.
It's okay for upgrades to be better than easier to get older regular variants. It's okay For a upgrade to deal more damage.  The only people who are going to get upset about it are the people who hate fun and want warframe to be like dark souls in which case I ask,why cater to them at the expense of fun and a feeling of progression in your game.

"BUT THE RIVEN MAFIA IN TRADE CHAT!!!!111"
Yeah,cool,even with 0.5 dispositions they're still wanting thousands of plat for terrible rolls on rivens.
How about instead of punishing everyone for having favorite weapons you instead make rivens more accessible?
Make teshin sell rivens for all newly released weapons and variants for a month or a couple weeks. Behold,rivens for new weapon and old variant releases can be obtained and they can no longer be controlled by someone in trade chat hoarding 70 of the same weapons riven in an attempt at controlling the market.

"But bramma drama!!!11 it was so strong when it was released and it..ruined my fun!"
Test your weapons before they come out then so you don't get a repeat of the bramma drama. If it 1 hits a hoard of level 200 enemies every few seconds then maybe take another look at it. This isn't rocket science...that's funny because bramma fires rockets essentially.

Until we meet again in the next riven disposition change thread that continues the trend of ruining future weapon variants of incredibly old weapons.

On 2021-09-08 at 9:35 PM, Voltage said:

There has been feedback for years on this system that seems to fall on deaf ears. It's honestly mind-blowing that this charade of Riven Disposition continues when it ultimately changes nothing about weapon choice and discourages involvement. It would be really nice if players could be trusted with their feedback for once given how they see how this affects the Riven economy, time investment, and general feelings towards the system.

You can tell this system doesn't even make sense. Kuva Zarr and Tenet Cycron get buffs while nerfing the Brakk? Did Kuva Bramma and Kuva Nukor not teach us anything? AoE weapons continue to dominate the roster because there is no downside to this type of equipment, and it overshadows all weapons with precision aiming requirements. Brakk is a single target shotgun pistol. It can never physically see the practicality that AoE beams like Nukor and Cycron possess because it lacks the ability to kill crowds without aiming.

Pushing Glaive Prime into the ground for the invested Riven owners over time after releasing a very nice buff to the underused weapon class is also another problem of many with how disposition treats invested players who put time into their gear.

A system that feels better for players is ultimately more profitable through reception. Players don't enjoy having their inventory periodically tampered with in an unpredictable direction. Disposition always causes a stir and never makes any dent into how most people actually choose equipment. All this system continues to do is punish players the more they get into it, or at the very least creating unwanted inventory stress that doesn't need to be there.

Another riven disposition thread another waiting a year before these old weapon variants are more usable than 2+ year old weapons they're a variant of.
Also RIP glaive prime..again. lol

a7PqaZO.png

Tenet Diplos: 0.5->0.55

Kuva Zarr: 0.5->0.6

... can someone explain to me why the Diplos, that new pair of middling dual pistols that I've literally never seen anyone else ever use, has a lower disposition than Zarr, that one new amazing flavor-of-the-month explosive weapon that probably half the playerbase is running around nuking maps with?

This makes no sense and makes me sad.

confused-white-persian-guardian.gif

Archived