Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

September 2021 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

On 2021-09-09 at 4:57 AM, woschdvendetta said:

Just remove Riven Disposition from the game completely already.

Rivens are already scummy/grindy enough as is, but getting your 2000 Plat / countless hour grind Riven devalued to the point where you can't replace a regular mod with it just makes me not interact with this system at all.

If you're the type to cry so much after a 0.5 change, maybe you shouldn't be playing with rivens. They're not neccesary for anything...

On 2021-09-11 at 6:04 PM, wizardeiges said:

At this point it just feels like we scream into the wind when it comes to this but i'll do this again for the billionth time.

Why would anyone ever buy the prime access when the weapons in them will be inferior to 2 year+ old variants of the same weapon for 4+ months?

Strun prime? terrible.
Magnus prime? terrible.

Players who aren't new to the game will have built up a riven collection for their favorite weapons. By using a new primed weapon,they're downgrading considerably from what they've been using for years.
You have ruined any and all future weapon releases when it comes to prime access.
When anyone brings this up you get people telling us,hey,just wait AFTER you spend money on this for several months until the weapon gets actually usable compared to multi year old variants.

Jokes on you,I'm never buying a prime access again until something is done about this. I don't exist in the far distant future where my astilla prime is actually worth using over my several year old regular astilla.  I live in the present.   I want to have fun now,not next year or the year after that whenever you finally decide what you're doing with new variant dispositions.

Kuva hekk is another great example of how you refuse to let something that takes a thousand times more effort to get over several year old variants be any kind of stronger than something a MR 4 can get.
Weapon variants like primes,wraiths,etc. were supposed to be upgrades.  Not downgrades.  

It's okay for there to be a progression in weapons you use. People should be moving from hek to kuva hek because it's supposed to be better.  Primes should be better than year old variants. It's okay for upgrades to be stronger.
It's okay for upgrades to be better than easier to get older regular variants. It's okay For a upgrade to deal more damage.  The only people who are going to get upset about it are the people who hate fun and want warframe to be like dark souls in which case I ask,why cater to them at the expense of fun and a feeling of progression in your game.

"BUT THE RIVEN MAFIA IN TRADE CHAT!!!!111"
Yeah,cool,even with 0.5 dispositions they're still wanting thousands of plat for terrible rolls on rivens.
How about instead of punishing everyone for having favorite weapons you instead make rivens more accessible?
Make teshin sell rivens for all newly released weapons and variants for a month or a couple weeks. Behold,rivens for new weapon and old variant releases can be obtained and they can no longer be controlled by someone in trade chat hoarding 70 of the same weapons riven in an attempt at controlling the market.

"But bramma drama!!!11 it was so strong when it was released and it..ruined my fun!"
Test your weapons before they come out then so you don't get a repeat of the bramma drama. If it 1 hits a hoard of level 200 enemies every few seconds then maybe take another look at it. This isn't rocket science...that's funny because bramma fires rockets essentially.

Until we meet again in the next riven disposition change thread that continues the trend of ruining future weapon variants of incredibly old weapons.

We're also screaming into the wind back at you:

You can thank the forum warriors that needed a solution to their stolen investments. Buying a riven and watching the stats lower is worse than buying a riven and watching the stats rise.

Next time be careful what you wish for. The players did this to themselves.

11 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

We're also screaming into the wind back at you:

You can thank the forum warriors that needed a solution to their stolen investments. Buying a riven and watching the stats lower is worse than buying a riven and watching the stats rise.

Next time be careful what you wish for. The players did this to themselves.

Speak for yourself and stop generalizing. Generalizing is the cancer of these forums.

I never asked for anything to be nerfed in this game at any point.

As I stated,primes aren't upgrades anymore because of their changes to rivens on how different variants needed to suddenly be considered different weapons while using the same riven.
The answer is simple. Reverse the every variant has its own disposition.  Behold. New weapon variants are no longer crippled vs 2+ year old variants that MR 0's can get.
As I stated. Having a upgrade path for weapons through variants isn't a bad thing. 

• 1 month later...

Archived