Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paracesis Sheath Decoration

-Krism-

23 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Does that get added if you purchase one of the placement positions? Because default doesn't have it.

Paracesys was designed with a sheath, but it was way too big to be used for warframes in-game, the model was in the game all this time, but they decided to add it as a deco so it wasn't made never to be seen

1 hour ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Paracesys was designed with a sheath, but it was way too big to be used for warframes in-game, the model was in the game all this time, but they decided to add it as a deco so it wasn't made never to be seen

Why would a heavy blade be designed with a sheath in mind if other heavy blades haven't been? Doesn't make any sense design wise.

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Why would a heavy blade be designed with a sheath in mind if other heavy blades haven't been? Doesn't make any sense design wise.

It was designed as the Executioner Blade for Ballas first, then evolved as a warframe weapon, & they kept the sheath with it

The very first concept art for Ballas already had the blade with the sheath

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170713231925

35 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Likely because, apparently, Ballas one-hands it. That extra reach from his arm lets him draw it from the sheath properly.

it does make me wonder what the sheaths and scabbards for other swords/greatswords would look like, and Two-Handed Nikanas as well, but sadly it's far too late to go back and add scabbards to every single blade. 

it also makes me want weapon decorations, so we can have our guns and blades lying around the Orbiter. I know our arsenal keeps everything tidy, but still..

Would be nice if you can interact with this decoration like with the Kubrow or Kavat.

For example IF you have the Sword and it is not equipped with the current loadout then the Sword would be in the Sheath and you can pick it up to do some actions with it in the orbiter. Or if you equipped with the Sword then you can put it in the Sheath (or at least try to put it in, because "but it was way too big to be used for warframes in-game" of reason)

Would be fun, if you don't have the Sword, but have the Sheath, then the interaction would be like "  ͞  \ 😖 /  ͞  "    

On 2021-09-08 at 2:49 PM, -Krism- said:

Because the Warframes don't have the Primed Reach in their arms. Pulling it out would be bothersome compared to Katanas.

8 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Because the Warframes don't have the Primed Reach in their arms. Pulling it out would be bothersome compared to Katanas.

You say that like we don't already pull our weapons out of thin air if we've got em set not to show when holstered. 🤣

6 minutes ago, iPathos said:

The effect used when pulling them out paints a very different picture, all things considered.

Sure, if you want to nitpick about every single detail you don't like I won't stop you, but it will be without me, I don't intent to waste my time arguing you with

14 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

Sure, if you want to nitpick about every single detail you don't like I won't stop you, but it will be without me, I don't intent to waste my time arguing you with

There's nitpicking and there's noticing - I know they are functionally invisible but the effect used when holstering or equipping hidden-when-holstered equipment simply bears no resemblance to any invisibility effect in the game, barring the ovoid culling done to Mirage's Doppelgangers in Hall of Mirrors to simply improve vision.

It's not arguing if I'm literally explaining my perspective on a very relevant effect to the conversation. It is my opinion, which I am entitled to both have and state. There is also the fact this thread is in General Discussion, which is what I'm attempting to do here.

Archived