Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30.7: Nidus Prime & Plague Star

[DE]Rebecca

Galvanized Aptitude fix for Kuva bramma still dead  😁😁 😁 😁😁 😁 😁😁 😁 😁😁 😁 😁😁 😁 😁 😁 😁😁 😁 😁😁 😁 😁😁 😁 😁😁  😁 😁 😁😁 😁 😁😁 😁 😁😁 😁 😁😁 

ive been using a controller on pc through steam and theres always been a bug where archwing blink doesnt work, but now theres 2 new bugs:

1. the game puts u into a jump and running animation so not only is it annoying but when u roll/doge it launches up like thers some invisible wall and in archwing it constantly thinks ur holding down the jump button.

2. it wont let u use ur gear menu which, literally the second u open it it closes again and u cant press anything.

im just trying to be helpful thats all…

oh and for the person reading this that about to comment

“just use mouse and keyboard”

i literally dont know how to use mouse and keyboard because i used to play on console and i never learned

(i did try but it wasnt working for me)

3 minutes ago, SuperFuret said:

It may sound stupid but... how do we use Yareli's new dash on a controller ? Shouldn't it be LB+Jump like a normal bullet jump ? 

This is how it should work but despite having controller functionality for years, and controller support on multiple consoles, DE continue to fail QA checking the stuff their developers are working on. It currently does not work for controllers. We will likely see a hotfix either sometime today or in the next couple of days.

Using a Steam Controller on PC my button to bring up the Power Menu always recasts my last power used first and then it might bring up the Power Menu second.  So, for example, if I'm on Ember and I turn on her armor right away when I then go to quickly cast her 4 it'll turn off her armor before bringing up the Power Menu and casting her 4.  I don't know if the reason it doesn't always cast the intended power is because I'm hitting the buttons too fast for it to completely register it correctly, though it wasn't a problem until now, but I do know that always recasting the last power before bringing up the menu makes it really frustrating to use more than one power during a mission.

I cannot use my Gear Wheel.  I see a hint of it pop up when I hit the button but it immediately goes away.  Holding the button down I can see it repeat that over and over.  I also cannot swing the selector around the gear wheel/emote wheel in my arsenal to adjust anything past the first four slots.

When I used Titania's 4 it mostly works fine but when I hit the button for floating down/crouch, roll, and slide it keeps trying to float up even after recastings.  I had to hold down the button to float down to counter that.

Pls change the galvanized mods on kill condition to a on hit condition, in the way they work right now they don't act as an overall buff to primary and secondary weapons they simply buff the weapons that are already strong. The "on kill" effect makes it almost Impossible for weaker weapons to kill in steal path to get the buff active. moreover, primary and secondary Weapons don't scale infinitely like melee weapons do which scale "on hit" This makes them flat out worse in level cap runs and steel path missions, which contradicts DE's stated intent to bring primary and secondary weapons closer to the level of melee weapons, so changing the condition on the galvanized mods to a "on hit" condition would bring primary and secondary weapons closer to the level of power that melee weapons currently have. It would also make them more useful in boss fights. 

Appreciate improvements to Liches and Yareli, though she could use more. And it's really unfortunate that the Holokey change to drop on Sister fights is not in any way retroactive. Or a script run for compensating those who have done Sisters already. Having done like 40 Sisters when they were first added and missing out on 40-120 holokeys because I did them then instead of now is very saddening.

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

n the final Railjack Showdown node for a Sister of Parvos, each Sister will give each squad member 1 Corrupted Holokey at End-of-Mission whether you Vanquish or Convert them! This means a Squad of 4 can leave with 4 Corrupted Holokeys each on Showdown mission complete!

What about some retroactive drop for those who vanquished/convert them before this update?

YARELI CHANGES

Yareli improvements are here, Tenno!

We have 2 areas that are being buffed: Stats, and Utility. While many Tenno have hoped for more Stat buffs (which we have here!), the Utility Buffs are really something to behold for the usability or Merulina. We are introducing a foundational change to her movement: Merulina Dashing (tap Roll/Dash)! This can be executed in any direction and is effectively a new way to close gaps (or quickly retreat!) and alter the direction of Yareli aboard Merulina! This also enhances the way you can traverse vertically with responsive directional input while in the air. We’ve made a handy .gif to demonstrate just what we mean: 

Behold in .gif form:
https://gfycat.com/impeccablenecessaryblacknorwegianelkhound

What you see in this .gif is a vertical traversal that’s currently tough to do with Yareli. However,  with the forward dash the momentum movement now allows for directional maneuvering. 

Then, we see Yareli Dash both Forward AND Back in the .gif, showing how you can certainly take advantage of this new movement tool!

This is a change that’s best experienced in your hands, but it is certainly a huge improvement for navigating all of Warframes tilesets! 

We have also made some changes to general Merulina movement by allowing for shorter jumps, and reducing overall jump charge time.

Yareli Stat Changes:
We’ve made some Stat changes to Yareli’s abilities as well. These are buffs across the board, and details are as follows: 

Sea Snares:

• Increase seek speed by about 60% and slightly increase bubble visibility to better register your casts. 

Aquablades:

• Increase range by just about 25%

• Increase damage and duration by 50%

RipTide:

Bigger is better. The bigger we Rip, the more enemies, the better scaling, and so on!

• Increase radius by 25%

Guys, you buff the frame but don't even want to admit that Yareli's kit is just bad.

Let's talk points:

• First off, tying damage reduction to her skateboard. This is such a bad decision. The issue here simply is two fold. 1) the corridors don't offer enough open space for such a thing to work, and 2) her damage reduction system also means we cannot use primaries or melees while just trying to survive.
  • Aquablades work in a ring, which simply means that any enemy jumping from top or coming inside the radius from bottom will not take any damage.
  • Fall off damage in riptide.  The thing here is, the pull speed is quite slow for her riptide, meaning that enemies cannot be even pulled in properly if the range is considerable. This ends up in an issue where only a small fraction of enemies get the maximum damage dealt on them, while others suffer just a slap on the wrist.

Please rework the kit of this frame in a way that she can fit in with the current state of game, otherwise she will also be left in the same state as some other frames, like Grendel.

My suggestions for a rework:

• Make aquablade the damage reduction ability. Cut down on its range, or keep it the same I don't mind, and make the damage reduction scale with ability strength, reaching about 90% max damage reduction.
  • Remove Merulina entirely. That ability is totally useless and we can summon a k-drive if we want to in open worlds.
  • If a movement based ability is to be given to Yareli, make it something parkour based, like Valkyr's ripline.

Reduced the time between Grineer Kuva Thrall spawns, so that the time to get all 10 to spawn is more in line with the time it takes to get all 3 Corpus Hounds to spawn.

Sorry but this change won't make the time to grind a lich not in line with the sisters which have an acceptable level of grind involved.

Been waiting for more than a year for reduced grind for liches but i guess i have to wait even longer.

Less Thralls or even tougher enemies like the hounds is the solution.

New font feels out of place and a step backwards. Almost like it's a temporary font in game under development, which is especially noticeable with the bold text in Foundry i.e. - simply horrendous. 

A classic example of don't "fix" what isn't broken.

I guess I'm putting this here as well, because almost immediately, it got moved from Weapons Feedback to Conclave Feedback. And we all know by now, devs visit that particular subforum maybe once every year:

But yes, this is about weapons, and addressed to the guys in charge of weapons. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, -Jes- said:

Stealth Nerf Detected:

Reload mods, merciless arcane included, have significantly less effect on the time between firing a kitgun and Pax Charge reloading it.

Almost definitely because under the hood, the battery reload mechanic for Shedu probably uses the exact same code as Pax Charge (and potentially other battery-based weapons). Wouldn't be the first time something like this happened, let alone the fact that the change was entirely unnecessary as many have already said - Bubonico is just plain better and this just widens the gap.

It's honestly frustrating to see this much feedback and bug reporting either simply being ignored, having the opposite of what should be done be actively pursued, or there being near to no actual Dev response to any of it. Some of the stuff people are posting about has been broken for months or even years, some of it requires a hotfix post-haste (such as the bug with enemies failing to spawn in stage 4 of Plague Star), and even more other suggestions being actively ignored. Yareli's desperate need for kit cohesion comes to mind, along with Merulina's atrocious navigation of anything less than open spaces (almost all doors are too low to pass through without bonking your head and losing all momentum, along with many hallways making the ability either extremely difficult to use or outright unusable).

It's not only frustrating, it's saddening. It also sorely emphasizes the burnout many players are experiencing, both young and old, vets and newbies. As I already stated in the discussion thread pertaining to their lack of communication with us, the Devs of late seem to have just arbitrarily decided to pass on most things and add completely unnecessary things instead.

Edit: Hadn't noticed the fix hotdropped for Plague Star, nice to see that was done promptly. Thank you Devs.

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Yareli Stat Changes:
We’ve made some Stat changes to Yareli’s abilities as well. These are buffs across the board, and details are as follows: 

Sea Snares:

• Increase seek speed by about 60% and slightly increase bubble visibility to better register your casts. 

Aquablades:

• Increase range by just about 25%

• Increase damage and duration by 50%

RipTide:

Bigger is better. The bigger we Rip, the more enemies, the better scaling, and so on!

• Increase radius by 25%

These enemies are only level 100 with no Steel Path scaling (179% power strength). No matter how much you tweak the numbers of her, the hard truth here is that the infinite scaling of armor hurts so many Warframes and makes their damage dealing capabilities absolutely nonexistent.  She still doesn't perform any role in the game better or even equally well to other warframes in the game. The only enemies she can do anything to with her abilities are unarmored light units, but using your 4 just for that isn't worth it in the slightest.

4e86e32e5ecfb34fe319a472992bacbc.gif

The reason warframes such as Saryn and Mesa work in high level missions is that Saryn has innate corrosive procs to deal with the armor IN ADDITION to scaling damage, and Mesa's guns can be modded to deal whatever damage is the most effective in any given situation. I wish every warframe was given some innate tool to deal with the scaling. Even Baruuk's and Revenant's ults deal adaptive damage based on each enemy's weakness, which is great.

I'm saddened to see Yareli's beautiful design completely wasted by devs who dont understand their own game, or what players are actually looking for when selecting which warframe they want to play.

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hemocyte is now immune to looting abilities that often didn’t fully work due to how quickly the body despawns (Hydroid's Tentacle Swarm with Pilfering Swarm, Nekros' Desecrate etc).

• With the re-run of Plague Star, we are adding Nidus Prime’s Relics as in-world drops from the Hemocyte. This change was brought forth with this in mind, and the acquisition rate of this new Prime that could be influenced with loot abilities which is not a precedent we wish to set. With up to 4 Hemocytes that can spawn in the final stage it felt especially important to make this change. 

Can this be elaborated on? The way this is phrased makes it *seem* as if it can drop relics. Based on the wording, and I stress I could be wrong, in-world drops are different from bounty drops? Is that the case, or does in-world simply mean Bounties? So far, after roughly 6~8 runs, I have yet to experience a single relic drop from Hemocyte and all the relics obtained were via bounty rewards.

If there is clarification on whether: (1) Hemocyte can physically drop relics, and (2) If Hemocyte can drop relics, what are the %'s for the drops?

Archived