Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash parts being Manic drops was better. I passively farmed multiple sets simply from playing

(PSN)GingyGreen

3 minutes ago, (PSN)GingyGreen said:

Doesn't matter ba whole lot to me as I long grinded him, made him again for helminth, and now using his Prime

But if bthe goal of putting him in RJ mission was making getting Ash easier, it kinda did the opposite

WAT?

Idea was to make ppl play RJ
I thought its obvious

The goal has always been to add more rewards to RJ to encourage players to play it more. Though I agree it makes grinding for him a total pain in the butt. Someone mentioned somewhere before that farming stuff like mods or prime sets and then sell them to buy his prime is a lot faster than grinding his normal form. If I had a say in this, I'd put someone else behind that long grind and return Ash/Oberon back to being drop parts. Newer players could really use them.

Likely would have never been moved if players didn't complain about him being "impossible" to get from Manics and learned how to farm them instead.

But yeah RJ defense is a pretty bad spot for him currently. Hopefully with the Ambassador parts being detached from RJ Survival we'll see Ash parts get moved elsewhere too.

46 minutes ago, trst said:

Likely would have never been moved if players didn't complain about him being "impossible" to get from Manics and learned how to farm them instead.

But yeah RJ defense is a pretty bad spot for him currently. Hopefully with the Ambassador parts being detached from RJ Survival we'll see Ash parts get moved elsewhere too.

Who the heck farms for Ash when you inevitably get him just from playing the game

I completed my first Ash set without realizing it

The current Ash farm is literally the only time playing this game when I looked at something and said "nah, not even when I feel up to it, maybe when and if they change it" and shrugged my shoulders and moved on. And I'm used to grind games, I used to grind pokemon out to 100 in the elite four over and over as a kid lol. I know grind. I got the Ephemera blueprint after the drop changes, just ftr. 

Maybe this sounds like sour grapes, but I've heard the Smoking Body Ephemera has a pretty weak effect anyways so whatever. I'm not going to spend hours upon hours farming for a systems for it in one of the worst defense tilesets in the game, no less. A speed nova can only speed things up so much and taxijack slows down the mission as well. 

25 minutes ago, (PSN)GingyGreen said:

Who the heck farms for Ash when you inevitably get him just from playing the game

I completed my first Ash set without realizing it

Tell that to all the players who constantly complained that he was either "literally" impossible because "manics never spawn!!1!" or that didn't even try, but still complained, because they believed his prime was easier to farm. Complaints about his acquisition were more common than other frames even though he only took an hour or so of Disruption if you were impatient.

looking at both sides, Manic spawns weren't great, and neither is Railjack defense. I think a better way of doing it would be to introduce a special Corpus-Assassin enemy type that would drop Ash's parts, and they could appear in any Corpus Railjack mission: it's only the same as a treasurer spawn, but they don't run away, they fight back and killing them guarantees a Blueprint, but it could be any of the 3 to keep it balanced. the assassin would be a guaranteed appearance though, so if you don't get it the first time, you keep re-running.

Archived