archgun galvanized mods perhaps?

(XBOX)ONI Prowess

The entire modding system of arch guns needs to be looked at. For example standard elemental mods give +120% damage, but the mixed status/damage mods are only 60/60 while they should be 90%60 to be in line. Another lost opportunity for a primed arch gun etc.

Yes, new galvanized mods absolutely belong on the long to do list of updating arch guns.

• Like 2

Arch weapons in general are light years behind other weapons: no nightmare dual stat mods, no corrupted mods, and the only reason they got Rivens is because Rivens make DE money, but at the same time they also needed people to do the then-new Arbitrations so they put the Archgun Rivens there (though they can still be traded ofc). I certainly wouldn't be against Galvanized mods, or indeed any batter mods of any kind for Archguns and Arch-melee, but for all the power they've given us, DE don't want Archguns being the meta in normal missions, hence the need to unlock the deployer first and manage a cooldown based on how much ammo you use.

I also mentioned in another post on this topic about the history of Archguns, and anything else Archwing related, and how it wasn't really seen in a positive light, which led to many of us - myself included - ignoring or outright hating Archwing, and DE saw this, so understandably they refused to invest in something not many people liked. that was long before we had any idea about getting Heavy Weapon mode and Necramechs, and I think now that we have those, it's definitely time for an Archgun balance pass: especially now whilst there aren't nearly as many of them as any other weapon type: doing it sooner rather than later will take less effort, and require balancing fewer weapons. 

When I joined in 2016, I was one of the few people enjoying the Archwing mode. Coming from a gaming background of playing both flight and space sims, I had no trouble with the 3D movement. It was just off putting how little content there was. The entire mode has very few tilesets which became very noticeable especially in Corpus maps. Also some of the old missions were made unneccessarily frustrating. For example the old defense objective of having to defend 2 quite fragile objectives at once, which was very hard in solo mode.

Also there was absolutely no point in playing it, after having mastered all there is in regards to nodes, weapons and archwings. It just needed a bit more polish and content to really shine, but back then players were already threatening to quit if  AW is expanded.

Archguns just need to be able to use gun mods 🤷 

If you smacked galvanised mods on top of the already weak archgun mods, archguns would still be pathetic by comparison. Their base stats were garbage, their mods are weak. It’s going to take more than just the galvanised mods alone.