General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Heat on Melee Weapons causes a blinding glare after Plague Star Update

Refined_Cobalt

All weapons that have Heat on them now have a bright glare that seems to track along with the weapon. It's very blinding and could cause people eye strain. Turning off weapons FX is the only current way to prevent it.

You can replicate this by putting Heat on a melee weapon

NgRDmjo.jpg

• Like 1

Fix this ASAP! Every elemental effect on weapons gives off blinding flashes and glare, even with bloom turned off, that not only irritates the eyes, but also affects Autoexposure in the scenes! In worst cases you can barely see in front of you because scene becomes dark and glares totally obstruct the view!

Edited by Hayrack
  • Like 1

Not many people is commenting this, but I hope it gets fixed soon. I don't want to turn off weapon FX because I like seeing the elemental effect on melees, but after a while this weird glare gets annoying and irritating for the eyes.

• Like 1

Pictures don't do justice how annoying it is, so here is the gif. This is on low settings, particles high and weapon elemental FX enabled.

BM3LAkL.gif

LjC2nNk.jpg

bKOAClr.jpg

Edited by Hayrack
Grammar
  • Like 1

So, uh, I put heat on my nikana with Blind Justice, and then did the forward, block attack where you dash forward for a second:

lzCOdqA.jpg

Now imagine that pulsing red and yellow.  It was like staring into the sun.

Edited by Uttrik
  • Like 1

same problem here, thought it was just me lol. don't really wanna get rid of weapon fx since it makes my twin basolk look really cool but i actually can't see right on snowy outdoor maps that have a lot of differences in light (indoor/outdoor transitions etc)

• Like 2

Checked again after the latest update: still nothing changed. However, I did some more testing and it looks like it's tied to the brightness of the energy color somehow? You can see how it looks below with white energy versus black energy. Also notably, you can see the weapon effect shining through Mag's torso.unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

• Like 1

hace 1 hora, Datadagger dijo:

Checked again after the latest update: still nothing changed. However, I did some more testing and it looks like it's tied to the brightness of the energy color somehow? You can see how it looks below with white energy versus black energy. Also notably, you can see the weapon effect shining through Mag's torso.unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

Too bad, I was hoping they adressed this issue in the lastest hotfix, but is still the same. This forced glow is starting to give me headaches. I don't want to turn off weapon FX because I like the effect, but this thing is pushing me to hide all of my heat melees in order of having a comfortable game session. Good bye to my cool fashion frames. 😓