Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galvanized Aptitude/Savvy/Shot not applying to certain weapons [Investigating]

Kaiga

3 hours ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

They are additive on every hitscan weapon that works properly with them, just like how CO is additive to to pressure point on nearly every single melee weapon.

Aaaaah! So it's still a bug. For some reason your post made me think that there was some change and now these mods always work multiplicatively. My bad.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

They are not worth it because the weapon arcanes are far too potent and don’t cost a mod slot while having nearly the same effect.

True.

Technically, combination of arcanes and galv.status mods with additive bonus should provide about the same bonus as primed CO. Sounds good on paper, but in reality we have way more factors than that: fire rate, ammo pool, damage delivery method, reload speed etc etc

• 2 weeks later...

@[DE]Danielle , @[DE]Rebecca , @[DE]Momaw

Any update on the long list of non-AoE weapons that aren't working properly with Condition Overload / Galvanized Aptitude / Galvanized Savvy?  @(XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom tested an extensive list, many of which can be found here;

...and a more complete spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jFIcb4W_KeZ5glapDLgFasmcOt8tp_lcpId82UQSv2c/edit#gid=1339687679

Anything would be nice, even if it's just an acknowledgement of the issue for the time being.

On 2021-11-12 at 11:57 PM, 0_The_F00l said:

I thinks it to do with how much and what type of coding has gone into each weapon.

I am observing most of the relatively old projectile weapons are not working as intended.

But it's really hard to be sure of what the hell is happening.

Remember when Korrudo was released and it had the HP regen ability of Hirudo? I wonder if they "copy-paste" weapon coding like that on a regular basis? Could maybe be a contributing factor.

23 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Anything would be nice, even if it's just an acknowledgement of the issue for the time being.

Yes please. @[DE]Saske   @[DE]Dudley  @[DE]CoreyOnline even if all you have to say is "maybe we'll look in 2023". I know you're busy with TNW "heads down" as Rebb says, but please throw us a bone?

Austin Powers Movie GIF

22 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

@[DE]Danielle , @[DE]Rebecca , @[DE]Momaw

Any update on the long list of non-AoE weapons that aren't working properly with Condition Overload / Galvanized Aptitude / Galvanized Savvy?  @(XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom tested an extensive list, many of which can be found here;

...and a more complete spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jFIcb4W_KeZ5glapDLgFasmcOt8tp_lcpId82UQSv2c/edit#gid=1339687679

Wouldn't it be funny if rather than fixing it... They just gave each of those weapons a 0.5 Meter AoE just to exclude them ? 🤣

Actually.... They might actually do that 😱 !!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-09-09 at 9:02 AM, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Have a dump of what does and doesn't work properly with Galvanized Aptitude/Savvy/Shot from my testing. List is not comprehensive. As others have said, it does not work on AoE, period, unless otherwise noted. So the AoE portions of weapons that it does work on are unaffected. Example: It works on the direct hits of Shedu, but not the AoE portion.

Acceltra: Scales off of 10 dam
Astilla (Prime): Scales off of 3(?) base dam
Attica: Scales off of 55 base dam
Basmu: Works
Battacor: Works on both modes
Boltor Prime: Scales off of 8 base dam
Bubonico: Works
Buzlok: Works
Cernos Prime: Scales off of 10 base dam
Daikyu: Scales off of 10 base dam
Dera Vandal: Scales off of 8 base dam
Drakgoon: Scales off of 15 base dam (both modes)
Dread: Scales off of 8 base dam
Exergis: Works
Fulmin: Works
Harpak: Scales off of 1 base dam. Doesn't work on alt
Hema: Works
Javlok: Works on Primary fire, scales off of 10 base dam on Alt
Komorex: Doesn't work
Lanka: Scales off of 10 base dam
Miter: Scales off of 10 base dam
MK-1 Paris: Scales off of 8 base dam
Mutalist Cernos: Scales off of 10 base dam. Cloud works as expected, but only on targets hit directly by the arrow
Mutalist Quanta: Scales off of 10 base dam
Nagantaka: Primary fire scales off of 55 base dam. Alt-fire scales off of 40 base dam
Panthera (Prime): Primary fire scales off of 10 base dam. Alt-fire works
Paris Prime: Scales off of 8 base dam
Prisma Tetra: Scales off of 10 base dam
Proboscis Cernos: Scales off of 10 base dam
Rakta Cernos: Scales off of 10 base dam
Scourge: Primary fire works as expected. Alt-fire scales off of 10 base dam
Shedu: Works as expected
Sporothrix: Scales off of 10 base dam
Stahlta: Works on both modes
Supra Vandal: Scales off of 10 base dam
Telos Boltor: Scales off of 8 base dam
Tonkor: Scales off of 10 base dam
Torid: Works on direct hit + AoE (only on targets hit directly)
Zarr: Doesn't work on Alt-fire
Zhuge (Prime): Scales off of 55 base dam
Akarius: Works
Akbolto Prime: Scales off of 20 base dam
Ballistica Prime: Scales off of 8 base dam
Cyanex: Works on both modes
Despair: Scales off of 10 base dam
Detron: Scales off of 15 base dam
Dual Cestra: Scales off of 10 base dam
Epitaph: Works as expected
Euphona Prime: Scales off of 150 base dam on Primary fire
Fusilai: Primary fire scales off of 6 base dam. Alt-fire scales off of 10 base dam
Hikou Prime: Scales off of 6 base dam
Hystrix:
Poison Quill: Works
Fire Quill: Scales off of 10 base dam
Elec Quill: Scales off of 10 base dam
Cold Quill: Scales off of 10 base dam
Mara Detron: Scales off of 15 base dam
Rakta Ballistica: Un-charged shots scale off of 12 base dam. Charged Shots Scale off of 10 base dam
Secura Dual Cestra: Scales off of 10 base dam
Seer: Works
Sepulcrum: Works on both modes
Spira (Prime): Scales off of 6 base dam
Staticor: Scales off of 20 base dam
Telos Akbolto: Scales off of 20 base dam
Tysis: Scales off of 12 base dam. DoT is unaffected
Zakti (Prime): Works as expected
Kuva Drakgoon: Scales off of 15 base dam
Kuva Ogris: Scales off of 10 base dam
Kuva Chakkhurr: Scales off of 49 base dam
Kuva Zarr: Doesn't work on Barrage mode
Kuva Bramma: Scales off of 10 base damage
Kuva Tonkor: Scales off of 10 base dam
Tenet Tetra: Scales off of 10 base dam on both modes
Tenet Arca Plasmor: Works
Tenet Envoy: Works
Kuva Seer: Works
Tenet Detron: Primary fire scales off of 15 base dam. Alt-fire scales off of 10 base dam
Tenet Spirex: Works
Tenet Diplos: Primary fire scales off of 10 base dam, Gimmick mode works as expected

Bugged Hitscan Weapons:
Kohm: Scales off of 15 base dam
Kuva Kohm: Scales off of 10 base dam
(Twin) Kohmak: Scales off of 15 base dam

Note that on projectiles where the mods do work “properly” (i.e. weapons in the list that say "Works"), they are multiplicative to other +base dam bonuses i.e it's (1 + base dam mods) x (1 + Galv mods)

Hey

thanks for making such a comprehensive and detailed list

Wondering if you've had any time to re-test it after DE's last update

where they clarified that condition overload was intentionally Not to apply to AoE, and seemed to just leave it at that, with no mention of the Base Damage calculations.

I'm super worried that DE dropped the issue with that AoE strawman, and didn't do anything about the rest of it.

Im amazed at how they still ignore this issue. Weapons like panthera prime, a weapon that have AOE damage (that its S#&$ tbh) and projectiles dont get any benefit, even when the weapon needs it A LOT actually.

At least they could say a "screw this" so we can know to not expect S#&$.

I mean, why the hell the boltor family cant use this? No AOE, no good weapons at all compared to other single target monsters that can indeed use it.

6 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

I'm super worried that DE dropped the issue with that AoE strawman, and didn't do anything about the rest of it.

Yes I get this unfortunate feeling DE are over and done with it "because AOE."

Sad but also sort of funny.

• 2 weeks later...

After seeing this post for months after I've invested so much time, and endo into builds, it feels like a MASSIVE waste... Just like that Kuva Bramma Nerf they did a long time ago. ALL of that has been undone now with the primary arcanes except for arrow drop, and I'm still almost 100% positive that DE has no clue what to do with weapons anymore.

AoE is king for a reason. When you have 10+ enemies shooting at you at all times with no energy, and if they're harder, it's more efficient to take them out in groups. Doing it one at a time unless it's a boss gets you nowhere most of the time in comparison. Hell, even melee hits more than one enemy. Tinkering with mods might have been the easier solution to increasing damage/buffing them. Just increase the base damage percentage on mods, and don't even mess with CO gun mods to begin with. Especially when the arcanes add so much more damage to as well.

Now we have a case of them not working, or working correctly. DE is listing them as "fixed" then they're now, and taking AoE out of the mix (while it is understandable) just seems like a move to not fix it, because it may be too hard, or just lazy to do it. RJ on Switch is back to being super buggy again, and unoptimized like it was in the past a little bit before new war, and after.

swear all they do is QA long enough to see if things don't crash, and don't test other modes and ect for other possible bugs, or bugs that undid previous fixes. Also, they get TOO MANY people who blindly believe all the patch notes, especially regarding this, and still won't acknowledge it publicly that it's still not working as intended.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021-09-09 at 9:48 AM, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno! We are aware of the issue and are investigating. It requires some diligent testing to make sure each weapon affected has it applied appropriately. Thanks for reporting.  

Im not trying to be a butthead at all, its just that I am wondering if there have been any fixes/ updates that adressed this, as this is the most recent update we have whatsoever. If not its okay! However several youtubers still advise to use these mods in a lot of builds, but I've heard that weapons like Komorex and others still dont work? Again not trying to bother, just want to be caught up as im a new player who started in October.

11 minutes ago, (PSN)DJDreaMix13 said:

Im not trying to be a butthead at all, its just that I am wondering if there have been any fixes/ updates that adressed this, as this is the most recent update we have whatsoever. If not its okay! However several youtubers still advise to use these mods in a lot of builds, but I've heard that weapons like Komorex and others still dont work? Again not trying to bother, just want to be caught up as im a new player who started in October.

In the post just under Danielle's there's a long list of weapons and results of testing. I tested some of these weapons yesterday and that list still seems to be accurate.

EDIT: In other words, the Galvanized status mods are still mostly broken for projectile weapons. In many cases they do something, but the math is way off (to your detriment).

3 hours ago, (PSN)DJDreaMix13 said:

However several youtubers still advise to use these mods in a lot of builds, but I've heard that weapons like Komorex and others still dont work?

I haven't tested the Komorex, but according to this Galvanized Aptitude doesn't work at all on it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jFIcb4W_KeZ5glapDLgFasmcOt8tp_lcpId82UQSv2c/edit#gid=1339687679

Just to be clear, it's not supposed to work on AoE, including things like the radial damage component of the Komo's second mode.  It -should- work on the direct bullet hit in both modes, but apparently doesn't.   As you can see from the spreadsheet, many, many weapons are bugged, mainly projectile.

On 2021-11-12 at 9:41 PM, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

First Bug: numerous projectiles use the wrong base damage value for the galvanized status mods. Here is a comprehensive list:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jFIcb4W_KeZ5glapDLgFasmcOt8tp_lcpId82UQSv2c

1. Note that all values listed are the non-Aoe components of attacks

are you still updating this? how does it work for Phage, Tenet Flux Rifle and such? thanks very much

15 minutes ago, Kaichi16 said:

are you still updating this? how does it work for Phage, Tenet Flux Rifle and such? thanks very much

The work is pretty much done as far as weapons go. Don't think I'm missing any projectiles, bar stupid stuff like Zenith's radar disk. If a weapon is hitscan/beam, it generally works fine, and given that I'm afraid I don't quite have the passion to test every hitscan weapon . Phage is a beam, so it'll work fine.

For Tenet Flux, I'll refer to this

On 2021-11-12 at 7:41 PM, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

The progenitor damage bonus on Kuva/Tenet weapons is not counted as part of base damage for galvanized status mods (and Condition Overload)

1. For Example: on Tenet Flux Rifle, its base damage x (1 + Galvanized Aptitude) + base damage x progenitor bonus
  2. It should be base damage x (1 + progenitor bonus) x (1 + Galvanized Aptitude)

So it'll work but not fully. Still worth a slot on Tenet Flux Rifle.

Here is the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jFIcb4W_KeZ5glapDLgFasmcOt8tp_lcpId82UQSv2c/edit#gid=1640665966

Can we get an explanation as to why there are things in this game that might or might not work, and the only way
for players to realize is to manually test every-piece-of-content, watch the damage numbers and do calculations? 

This has happened before, several times. But I never seen this happening at such scale, usually is a specific gun or a
type of gun. This is beyond "a bug", someone at DE did this for a reason and didn't bother in telling players, or disabling
this mod from being equipped in those Weapons that cant make use of it.

I'm posting this for clarification, but I also want to know why this keeps happening and every time is worse than the time before. 

Remember boosters not working on Steel Essence and the only way it was proven was because of a player who checked the code?
I'm tired of the "shadow bans" DE. This shows nothing but a lack of respect and appreciation towards the playerbase,
and that's not the DE I came to know 6 years ago when I started playing.

Less than a third of ALL GUNS in the game can make use of Galvanized Aptitude, so check the list and update your builds.
Or you know.... just dont use Galvanized Aptitude at all.

Thanks for reading.

Have a nice day.

58 minutes ago, Roble_Viejo said:

This is beyond "a bug", someone at DE did this for a reason and didn't bother in telling players,

It's certainly not intentional.  You can't possibly believe somebody made a list of all weapons and decided, "Ok, we want to screw over projectile weapons mostly.  Which ones are going to get it the worst?  Oh, Harpak has to be right up there.  We hate that thing, and it's way too popular.  OTOH, lets make this more powerful than normal on a few weapons...  Kompressa!  Yeah, let's have it kick ass on direct hits on that gun.  It just makes senseOk, just a few hundred more weapons to go..."

If nothing else, it'd be a lot of work.  Have you noticed how  random the numbers are?  Does DE seem like a company with a lot of time to hand tune all these things?

Yes, it sucks.  And it sucks even more that they've been silent about it.    I can only imagine why that is, and the reasons I can come up with aren't pretty.  But it's not because everything is working right.

Anyway, bump.  I'd love to hear anything from DE addressing this.

hace 1 hora, Tiltskillet dijo:

It's certainly not intentional.  You can't possibly believe somebody made a list of all weapons and decided, "Ok, we want to screw over projectile weapons mostly.  Which ones are going to get it the worst?  Oh, Harpak has to be right up there.  We hate that thing, and it's way too popular.  OTOH, lets make this more powerful than normal on a few weapons...  Kompressa!  Yeah, let's have it kick ass on direct hits on that gun.  It just makes senseOk, just a few hundred more weapons to go..."

If nothing else, it'd be a lot of work.  Have you noticed how  random the numbers are?  Does DE seem like a company with a lot of time to hand tune all these things?

Yes, it sucks.  And it sucks even more that they've been silent about it.    I can only imagine why that is, and the reasons I can come up with aren't pretty.  But it's not because everything is working right.

Anyway, bump.  I'd love to hear anything from DE addressing this.

Yeah, maybe my broken English made it difficult to actually write down what Im thinking

I'm not saying this was intentional or even malicious, 
I was trying to say that someone manually activated this "bug"
in their attempt to prevent AoE weapons from using this mod, 
but they never actually booted the game and tested it, and thus
now more than 75% of Guns don't even get any stats for equipping it.

They didn't f*cked up this mod on purpose, but DE's negligence 
definitely did. And we shouldn't be the ones testing stuff to 
make sure it works. 

And this happened before and will happen again, and the real issue
is every time it gets a little bit worse. 

Last time something like this happened it was a couple of guns or
a specific gun type, this time it was 75% of ALL Guns.

Please change it to something more interesting than 'more damage'!

It's all about getting theory crafters excited because they make warframe content on social media. And right now one is making negative videos about warframe using this galvanized mod as the example.

Here's an example of something interesting - Every time an enemy dies to a status effect it propagates to nearby enemies within 1,2,3,4,5,6m (depending on mod rank). Each death from status adds a FLAT +1,2,3,4,5,6% status chance to the weapon (depending on mod rank).

Then it turns any weapon into a status beast.

I just found out there is a spreadsheet that details out all the guns that have incorrect interactions with these mods. And honestly, it is a little upsetting. It takes a good amount of time and endo to get these mods maxed out.

I thought these were fixed, but apparently they are only partially fixed.

It would be great to see DE do a pass on these mods to ensure we are having a positive experience with them.

Archived