Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow us to own multiple sets of syndicate armors for ease of trading

EmailSoup

One of the more recent updates added a set of armor for each syndicate. They're tradable between players, which is great. 

There are a number of odd things with syndicate armor trading that I noticed, that I'm not sure are intentional.

1. If you own a specific syndicate armor set, you cannot buy another one. That means you have to trade your current set away before buying a new one. That makes it an absolute headache if you've equipped the armor on multiple warframes, as they will become unequipped when you trade the set away.

2. You can choose to trade singular pieces of a set. That means that you can trade just the one piece, if you wanted to for some reason. But what happens if you trade away a single armor piece? Are you then allowed to buy a new set? Because you technically still have the armor, and the game doesn't allow you to have more than 1 set. I admittedly, have not tried this yet, because I am scared of softlocking myself from my own syndicate armor. I'll update the post if someone has tested this for me.

Example: Let's say I own a single Red Veil chest piece, because I traded the other pieces to a random player and forgot to add the chest piece in the trade window. Can I buy a new set? Or have I effectively softlocked myself from ever getting the armor again? Because who in their right mind would ever trade for a single piece of Red Veil armor now? And what about the other player? Are they doomed to never own the Red Veil chest piece, because why would anyone ever trade away a single piece of Red Veil armor?

Proposed fix/TLDR: 

Allow us to own multiple sets of the same syndicate armor.

Make syndicate armor sets one item in a trade window.

16 minutes ago, EmailSoup said:

One of the more recent updates added a set of armor for each syndicate. They're tradable between players, which is great. 

There are a number of odd things with syndicate armor trading that I noticed, that I'm not sure are intentional.

1. If you own a specific syndicate armor set, you cannot buy another one. That means you have to trade your current set away before buying a new one. That makes it an absolute headache if you've equipped the armor on multiple warframes, as they will become unequipped when you trade the set away.

2. You can choose to trade singular pieces of a set. That means that you can trade just the one piece, if you wanted to for some reason. But what happens if you trade away a single armor piece? Are you then allowed to buy a new set? Because you technically still have the armor, and the game doesn't allow you to have more than 1 set. I admittedly, have not tried this yet, because I am scared of softlocking myself from my own syndicate armor. I'll update the post if someone has tested this for me.

Example: Let's say I own a single Red Veil chest piece, because I traded the other pieces to a random player and forgot to add the chest piece in the trade window. Can I buy a new set? Or have I effectively softlocked myself from ever getting the armor again? Because who in their right mind would ever trade for a single piece of Red Veil armor now? And what about the other player? Are they doomed to never own the Red Veil chest piece, because why would anyone ever trade away a single piece of Red Veil armor?

Proposed fix/TLDR: 

Allow us to own multiple sets of the same syndicate armor.

Make syndicate armor sets one item in a trade window.

We can own duplicates of syndicate weapons so i dont see any reason it should not work the same way for armor sets

huh. I didn't even know that being limited to one armor set was a thing. good job I'm not planning on trading them lol.

that does sound kinda dumb, I know other cosmetics shouldn't have duplicates, but an exception could be made here. once Nidus prime and his gear are mine, I *might* trade for the sets I need, depends on if I can be bothered to flip syndicates or not. how much does a syndicate armor set even go for? anyone know?

On 2021-09-08 at 6:43 PM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

huh. I didn't even know that being limited to one armor set was a thing. good job I'm not planning on trading them lol.

that does sound kinda dumb, I know other cosmetics shouldn't have duplicates, but an exception could be made here. once Nidus prime and his gear are mine, I *might* trade for the sets I need, depends on if I can be bothered to flip syndicates or not. how much does a syndicate armor set even go for? anyone know?

I have no idea. I found this out when I was trading a set to a clanmate.

That was how I realized that you could trade a single Red Veil left shoulder guard.

Archived