Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

From DE perspective, is Yareli ok?

quxier

6 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Good.

Was gonna add a late edit but figured it’s too late now that the original post has been responded to; if I wanted to know how to get through something easily, you can bet I’d be asking the community and looking up Youtube videos. In a case like that, their opinions would be valuable

1 minute ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Was gonna add a late edit but figured it’s too late now that the original post has been responded to; if I wanted to know how to get through something easily, you can bet I’d be asking the community and looking up Youtube videos. In a case like that, their opinions would be valuable

Sorry, lol.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

I mean, do we really need more OP frames? We got Mesa, who can do insane damage and kill everything really fast, we got saryn, who can melt a whole map in a second, we got gara, who can nuke with her glass shields, we got tons of really good frames, and I don’t really think we need more op frames. 

Do we really need weak frames that struggle to deal with starchart enemies though? i say a middle ground is where DE should be aiming at

5 hours ago, Deminisis said:

I think they would have left her as weak as her launch if people didn't complain. DE always shows new frames in starchart levels, so it looks like they only think about how good is she up to level 40 enemies.

Ability synergy is another topic, but it seems they aren't concerned with that feedback.

I still won't use her based on the clunky k- drive use in small rooms and low ceilings. Some people still like her... some don't. I got 40+ other frames to play with.

Normally when we are shown new frames, it’s Rebecca playing them in a level 15-20 mission, and if it wasn’t for having God mode enabled, she would be dying over and over and over again.

In Yareli’s reveal, Rebecca played a void defence, and was so awful at controlling Merulina that the defence objective was nearly lost in the first few waves.

Then, plot twist, the frame comes out and it’s weak.

Who could’ve guessed. 

Rewards and drops in this game are designed to be scattered all over the content. If I had to guess, K-drives were never really popular with the exception of mastery rank being tied to them, but once this is done for players inclined to do so there is no real reason to play with them again. Hence, here is another reason, to get Yareli you have to go through that process of doing tricks with K-drives, topped at the end with the unreasonable (imo) requirement to build a completely new room in your dojo that has the sole purpose of providing her parts (while at the same time the lab rooms of old are ignored for a long, long time as far as additions are concerned).

The game is quite obvious in this "hey guys, have you tried this?" approach and there is no better example than Nightwave which acts as a motivation to play missions like invasions, nightmare, help-Clem and so on. Yareli is simply a "hey guys, have you tried K-drive?" statement from DE.

For the record, I'm probably indifferent to Yareli at this point. Merulina is a badly implemented feature and her "4" is underwhelming. Her first skill is probably the best one. With the addition of faster cast speed it's quite fun to use. But in general, I don't get motivated enough to use her.

1 hour ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

Normally when we are shown new frames, it’s Rebecca playing them in a level 15-20 mission, and if it wasn’t for having God mode enabled, she would be dying over and over and over again.

In Yareli’s reveal, Rebecca played a void defence, and was so awful at Costco trolling Merulina that the defence objective was nearly lost in the first few waves.

Then, plot twist, the frame comes out and it’s weak.

Who could’ve guessed. 

Oh 15-20. I guess I was being too generous.

They should play test new stuff in high level content first with mods.

1 hour ago, rastaban75 said:

Yareli is simply a "hey guys, have you tried K-drive?" statement from DE.

I think you are 100% right about that, and I thought of it too. In recent years it seems to have been a habbit of theirs, if people don't play and enjoy a part of their newly added content theyll FORCE them to. 

It happened with mechs, a lot of people disliked them so they made a whole event around them with rewards you couldn't ignore. People dislike the minigames (mining, fishing and god awful animal capture) and they FOCUSED everything on Deimos around those, only tuning it down later due so many complaints. People disliked archwing missions so they made Railjack and its been their biggest focus for years now, so you cant really just ignore it or youll miss on a lot of other content tied to it. 

And once theyve forced you into these activities, they can look at the charts and say "Yes, see, people love this new content". 

7 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Sevagoth squishy, but I like his whole kit.

Sevagoth 1, Reap, (Kind of weak tbh) sends his shadow outward and attacks enemies, shadow position can be controlled by where you aim your gun. 
sevagoth 2, Desth seed. It has true damage, which ignores all damage reductions (Very good ability in my opinion) and combined with reap you can detonate a whole platoon.

sevagoth 3, slow down a large amount of enemies and you and your allies get life steal from it.

sevagoth 4, become a shadow. Sevagoth is immortal during this time and if shadow dies it won’t affect the health of sevagoth, but the longer it is used the more health thst is restored to sevagoth once the shadow is gone. 
shadow 1, embrace, pulls a bunch of enemies together (Like nidus 2, which is a decent ability). 
shadow 2, you can heal yourself by eating somebody’s soul.

shadow 3,Death harvest, increase the duration of which the shadow Will last.

Shadow 4. Reunite. 
you can mod sevagoth, the shadow, and the shadow’s weapon. Needs tons of forma but overall he’s very good. A bit squishy, but his passive basically makes him immortal as with the passive you can eat 5 people and come back to life.

Sevagoth is just squishy but he really makes up for it with his usefulness.

Yareli is just… well in my opinion I’d say she’s much worse than sevagoth.

Sev has some nice abilities Gloom is, in my opinion, one of the best ability when it comes to energy economy* vs its strength.

However other stuffs weren't so good and some stuffs have been done better already:

- I used to spam 1st & 2nd ability. One without other means very little. One gives you "death meter" but it could be passive.

- Transforming to Shadow requires (almost?) full Meter. If you touch Nully or turn the 4th off by accident you have to gather Meter again (not full but still). Baruuk allows you to use his Exalted melee at almost any time (you just need a little of his Meter).

- Heal dash moves you too much (bounce off enemy to some random location). Garuda could just jump to enemy and stop at them.

- His 3rd is suppose to debuff enemies but in most cases do nothing. I haven't seen it does anything.

- His melee is boring/invisible. One part of his combos you don't see because they moved camera and he is big and other combos just do boring stuffs. Look at Baruuk how could they make interesting melee. Baruuk's attacks are visible and have special feature that hover enemies on slide attacks.

- his passive (reviving) uses only his Healing ability which is clunky to use.

Sev is better than Yareli but it still have huge list of issues that no recent have.

* if you don't use energy abilities/mods/things excessively then you have to kill to keep Gloom alive, no enemies = no energy drain;

7 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

I mean, do we really need more OP frames? We got Mesa, who can do insane damage and kill everything really fast, we got saryn, who can melt a whole map in a second, we got gara, who can nuke with her glass shields, we got tons of really good frames, and I don’t really think we need more op frames. 

But frame should do "something".

I think her 1st CC is pretty good but I heard it had/has some issues. I have seen bubbles staying near enemies doing nothing.

Rest of her kit doesn't bring anything very good.

There isn't even fun (but maybe bad) ability. Grendel has his Ball (Pulverize afair). It's fun (of course subjectively speaking) doing "pinball" with enemies. Merulina/K-drive is so bare that it takes more than it gives.

5 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

Do we really need weak frames that struggle to deal with starchart enemies though? i say a middle ground is where DE should be aiming at

It doesn't struggle. It may not melt enemies but it does just fine.

6 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

^

You know you can click the magic icon with Tenno (afair) icon that says "like" when you hover over it? Yeah, you should do this.

15 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Worth noting is that I've never seen DE show off Yareli in any tileset with low ceiling or small rooms either. The overarching mentality seems to be "pretend the problems don't exist and work on New War".

Yeah, it is apparent that Yareli wasn't a well thought out Warframe. Merulina is unuasable in most tiles in the game and without it, the cast times and the stall from her other abilities cleanse her Passive buff. I guess she's just meant to be used to open world bounties.

15 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I was thinking that she's been the worst release in recent memory.  Some people compared her to launch state Xaku, but I think a better comparison would be launch state Bonewidow.

Yeah definitely not launch state Xaku, anyway. (Didn't play BW at launch so can't say.) Before their buffs, Xaku was still a strong glass cannon with the combo of defense removal and level-scaling turrets, only they needed a lot of forma to work. Yareli, on the other hand, is just not even remotely good at anything.

15 hours ago, xombob89 said:

I think you are 100% right about that, and I thought of it too. In recent years it seems to have been a habbit of theirs, if people don't play and enjoy a part of their newly added content theyll FORCE them to. 

It happened with mechs, a lot of people disliked them so they made a whole event around them with rewards you couldn't ignore. People dislike the minigames (mining, fishing and god awful animal capture) and they FOCUSED everything on Deimos around those, only tuning it down later due so many complaints. People disliked archwing missions so they made Railjack and its been their biggest focus for years now, so you cant really just ignore it or youll miss on a lot of other content tied to it. 

And once theyve forced you into these activities, they can look at the charts and say "Yes, see, people love this new content". 

You reckon they force players into doing content because then they can convince themselves that they’re good game designers by looking at their metrics and interpreting the spike in popularity as players enjoying the content they’ve made?

🤔 What are these charts for? Do they bring them out in meetings to show investors or whatever their competency in developing a video game?

41 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

You reckon they force players into doing content because then they can convince themselves that they’re good game designers by looking at their metrics and interpreting the spike in popularity as players enjoying the content they’ve made?

🤔 What are these charts for? Do they bring them out in meetings to show investors or whatever their competency in developing a video game?

Yes 

I always define my arsenal in Warframe as a toolbox. But I have not found a use for Yareli, yet. And I don't care if they raise their power level and buff the numbers so that I can oneshot lvl 25 mobs instead of only lvl 20 mobs.

Might be me, but as for now she is the biggest failure and together with Grendel she is the only frame that I never play. She is so bad, that I am clueless about the thought process during her design. The design goal might have been "let us make a quirky and weird frame that can make gestures that don't fit in the gritty Warframe universe, but can maybe get us some more players to play in certain regions of the world".

Granted I haven't played with her I admit, at the same time I think it would have been better had she been a frame that could eviscerate enemies. She's the effervescent, always happy, Japanese anime cute surfer girl frame. Making her a murdering machine that could obliterate enemies would have been hilarious just for the juxtaposition.

The main issue with Yareli is that she doesnt fill a role that cannot be done better by another frame. The second issue is that she has a K-board but is at the same time better played as a stationary camper frame. She kinda falls into the defender/survival frame category along with Protea and Vauban, the exception is that those two do it alot better.

The third issue is that her kit is all over the place. Her 1 and 4 sync decently with her passive, but like mentioned merulina is supposed to be a mobility option on a frame with an otherwise very stationary kit. Aquablades is just... well to be 100% honest I dont know what it is intended for. To support her melee gameplay while swooshing around on Merulina? Oh no wait, she cant use melee on the flatfish. Heck Aquablades is horrible even if you subsume it for another frame, the dead zone is too big and the blade width is too small, it doesnt work on melee frames where you'd expect the hammerdinesque setup to work. Even with a high strength Rhino the skill still hits like a wet noodle when it actually hits.

Archived