General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Unable to mercy kill downed Hounds

HintOfMalice

Just had this no-stab bug hound but was far from first hound after log in. Actually it was during the last mission of sister hunting, first hound show up at start all is fine i kill him, then sister spawn i kill HER hound  then stab her with the 3 right murmur and she escape, then second regular hound pop and this one get down but i can't finish him ( if i remember well he spawned quite rapidly after she escaped, like in less than 30 sec after if it matter ), i let him there to finish mission, third hound show up and i was able to kill this one, didn't bothered to go back and check if i could finish the second tho but his way point / label ( whatever it's called ) was still visible on screen.

22 hours ago, DemonicHuntress said:

It seems to me that this has been happening when I've downed a hound while it was firing a laser. Not sure if that was just a coincidence, though.

I also experienced this I think. It did seem to be while that ability was being used when I downed them.

Sadly I have a new Sister now with different hound abilities so I cannot test myself.

I also wondered if any particular status effects or continuous weapons were doing it.

Sadly this is still happening so frequently im surprised this hasn't been addressed or fixed yet. Come on DE. you address foundry issues for the hounds and what not but dont directly address the core problem with mercy killing hounds for murmurs?!?!

Warframe_Screenshot_2021.09.15_-_01.25.4

Warframe_Screenshot_2021.09.23_-_07.29.3

8 hours ago, DiBBz said:

Sadly this is still happening so frequently im surprised this hasn't been addressed or fixed yet. Come on DE. you address foundry issues for the hounds and what not but dont directly address the core problem with mercy killing hounds for murmurs?!?!

I had some DMs with [DE]Momaw and they are aware of it, but they're having trouble replicating it on their end. They really do want to fix it but they're not really sure what is triggering it, and hence they don't know how to fix it yet.

• Like 2

Well new sister first murmur hunting mission and once again second hound can't be stabed, looks like it's going to be a long night finishing this sister if it happen every mission now.

edit: only happened during first mission for this sister so far.

Edited by Carmelitha

I've had this bug pop back up after a couple of sisters killed with no issues.

Where should I submit my ee.logs for assisting with finding the cause of this bug? I F6'd after noticing the hound was bugged; often it was when the hound was killed in the middle of casting an ability, if that helps at all.

Just encountered the bug again: it was the last hound of the mission. My Sister appeared in the mission, and it was my first encounter with her: during the fight, I guessed the first (unlocked) Requiem mod correctly, but not the second, and so she ranked up and left. The bugged hound spawned in after she had already left.   EE.log added to Support ID #2635913.  And yes, I pressed F6 when I noticed it couldn't be downed.

52 minutes ago, baked said:

I've had this bug pop back up after a couple of sisters killed with no issues.

Where should I submit my ee.logs for assisting with finding the cause of this bug? I F6'd after noticing the hound was bugged; often it was when the hound was killed in the middle of casting an ability, if that helps at all.

Hello.

The same bug happened to me too.

On my end, I suspect it is triggered by the last blow being dealt something else but the player.

Everytime I encountered it was when I used a gazeous weapon or when I gave my secondary (Cycron or Nukor) to the prisoner in rescue missions.

In both cases, either the gazeous damage or the prisoner inflicted the last blow.

Just saying.

2 hours ago, Syrdhar said:

Hello.

The same bug happened to me too.

On my end, I suspect it is triggered by the last blow being dealt something else but the player.

Everytime I encountered it was when I used a gazeous weapon or when I gave my secondary (Cycron or Nukor) to the prisoner in rescue missions.

In both cases, either the gazeous damage or the prisoner inflicted the last blow.

Just saying.

That could line up with my issue, as I run a Diriga with Verglas. Since it's a continuous beam weapon it might sometimes score the final hit.

I only had this happen once and I thought it was maybe a glitch caused by the hound dying right under a zipline so whenever I tried to hit the interact button to mercy kill the hound I would jump up and onto the zipline instead.

I have noticed, however, that whenever I do mercy kill Hounds, it usually doesn't play the cool finisher animation and instead my frame just stands there and makes a pointing animation with the hand (the lazy mercy kill animation).

Edited by ENIAK_Prime
  • Like 1

I had this happen last night. I was not casting abilities at the time, nor was I using my operator. However I was set to pub and a player joined me while I was in progress. I'm not sure if they connected right as the hound spawned or as I downed it since it wasn't until I went over to stab it that I realized it was broken. The later hounds in the mission were fine. This is the first time I've had it happen to me and I usually just go pub on murmur runs although since I'm on really late at night, sometimes I don't get joiners.

Perhaps it is related to a script that decides which sister sent it when there's a party on the mission or dialog she would say? There are certainly other instances where the mission end screen has someone else's sister name and portrait come up and I also noticed a wrong voice come up for mine on the final kill mission once.

On 2021-09-22 at 10:17 AM, [DE]Momaw said:

My experiences so far:

Hounds that die on stairs almost never can be mercied. (Sister did not spawn this run, did not prevent more from spawning though)

Hounds that die in Infested Corpus Ship tilesets have a chance for none that spawn to be merciable. (Two Hounds spawned, neither were merciable. First was downed by me alone, then the second spawned after another player joined. Neither of us were able to mercy them.) This occurred in Neptune Survival.

Frame used was Revenant, abilities active were Gloom, Mesmer Skin, sometimes Dans Macabre. Dans Macabre was not used on the Hound that died on the stairs in a previous mission, but was used against the 2nd hound that spawned in the Neptune Survival on Corpus Infested Ship. Weapons were Kuva Bramma (used for 80% of the damage), Tenet Spirex (barely used) and polearm Plague Kripath (used when Bramma unavailable).

Thrall is not equipped to my Revenant, and therefor irrelevant, and Reave was not used that frequently, if at all.

EDIT: My setups, for convenience sake

Spoiler

Warframe (Revenant)

oGcCzdd.png

Primary (Kuva Bramma, main source of damage)

65RsW18.png

Secondary (Tenet Spirex, mostly unused)

Bxl0KqY.png

Melee (Plague Kripath polearm Zaw, used whenever Kuva Bramma unavailable)

fbK1nZn.png

Parazon (Included for the sake of the non-requiem mods equipped)

F7cjCUb.png

Companion (Smeeta Kavat, included since my baby boy was present for every fight)

udyCBoV.png

Edited by Flannoit

Same $$@# here, it is starting to get frustrating, at a survival mission, solo, 3/3 Hounds bugged.
And I don't think it is because and ability because I was with Inaros tank and spank, with Kronen.
No ability have been used. 

going from once per sister to once per mission now, don't think the bug happening when the hound cast is the only factor, out of 6 times this happened once while the hound was casting something, but i think it's something who have to do with the shield gating ( unless they don't have any ) that is messing things up

Edited by Carmelitha