Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable to mercy kill downed Hounds

HintOfMalice

On 2021-09-25 at 11:35 PM, ENIAK_Prime said:

I only had this happen once and I thought it was maybe a glitch caused by the hound dying right under a zipline so whenever I tried to hit the interact button to mercy kill the hound I would jump up and onto the zipline instead.

I have noticed, however, that whenever I do mercy kill Hounds, it usually doesn't play the cool finisher animation and instead my frame just stands there and makes a pointing animation with the hand (the lazy mercy kill animation).

I definitely want to bring attention to the point about hounds mostly lacking proper parazon kill animations (which didn't used to be the case), mentioned here. On my end, every single hound except the one summoned by a sister directly is guaranteed to give the "quick" hand flick animation on parazon kill. I hope this helps in terms of tracking down what's going on with hounds in general.

I wonder if this will fix the parazon hack/default animation.

I noticed the Hounds that spawned when a sister appears always had their animation, so I wondered if it might have been a result of the spawn, rather than when it was downed.

On 2021-10-01 at 6:05 AM, Tailesque said:

I definitely want to bring attention to the point about hounds mostly lacking proper parazon kill animations (which didn't used to be the case), mentioned here. On my end, every single hound except the one summoned by a sister directly is guaranteed to give the "quick" hand flick animation on parazon kill. I hope this helps in terms of tracking down what's going on with hounds in general.

If it helps, I've noticed that Parazon kills in general have been a bit buggy. Like, it's fairly uncommon, but sometimes when I interact for a parazon mercy kill I'll get a regular finisher with my current melee weapon instead.

... personally I wouldn't mind that bug staying in the game. I like my dual dagger finishers more than the parazon kills.

It happens about 10-20% of the time in my experience. At first I thought it might have to do with people joining in when a hound goes down, but I've had it happen solo. My next best guess is there's some interaction with shield sources restoring shields at the same time they go down. That or something to do with hounds activating an ability when they go down.

OK, I just encountered Momaw in a random public mission and he said the following with regards to the cause of the glitch:

"I don't fully understand what the problem was because I didn't write the scripts involved, but from what I gather it was some kind of a conflict between a hound's animation state and the predeath handler"

Thanks again Momaw, and thanks to the debugging staff 🙂

Archived