Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Roguelike - PLEASE!

SenorRobot

This is my first post/thread here. 

My friends got me into this game, and we absolutely destroyed a lot of the content - best game and mechanics I have played in a LONG TIME and haven't found anything since.

We are currently taking a hiatus while we wait for more content however after a lot of discussion (as they have been playing since almost release) - we agreed that a Roguelike would be absolutely amazing for this game.

A lot of the foundational ideas are there, mods, weapons, maps - Even parkour courses can be hidden for secrets within each area. 

🤔 How would it work? If it’s using things that are already in the game, I’m wondering if there’s some way of vaguely emulating the effect as of right now. I’ve seen the idea for a Roguelike a handful of times over the year or so I’ve been on the forums.

Since we already have full control over everything we can equip (out of what we have available), this is making me curious about the mechanics behind deciding what’s equippable and what’s not

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

How would it work?

A close second is Borderlands, and one of the DLCs was basically a "rogue like" game mode. I never played it, but, I'm sure if (a big if) DE wanted to implement this, they could at least start with the Borderlands 3 roadmap and make adjustments to suit Warframe.

9 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

There are plenty of roguelites out there. Play those for the RL experience. Play Warframe for the WF experience.

I like RLs just fine, but it doesn't make sense to jam one into Warframe.

I don't think it would be jamming one in - I think it would be complementary, there isn't a hell of a lot to do at the moment once you have completed everything except mod collecting for logs. 

Warframe is basically a rougelike as it stands - 

First floor: Choose Warframe  

Then as you play through floors you can find new weapons and mod combinations, to optimize your loadout to make it through floors. 

9 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

🤔 How would it work? If it’s using things that are already in the game, I’m wondering if there’s some way of vaguely emulating the effect as of right now. I’ve seen the idea for a Roguelike a handful of times over the year or so I’ve been on the forums.

Since we already have full control over everything we can equip (out of what we have available), this is making me curious about the mechanics behind deciding what’s equippable and what’s not

It would be a fresh start as your operator and find weapons / mods and warframes as you go through levels/floors. Play as a group for difficulty and try make it to the end. Parkour to find upgrades for mods hidden around each floor and a bunch of other cool stuff :) 

Archived