Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Public fissures are toxic when new relics drop, time for a change?

(PSN)oo-pH-oo

So last night and this morning it's practically impossible to run a public fissure like Ukko with 4 on PSN, due to the large number of people quitting because they're not liking the relics they see others carrying, which then causes the remaining 2 or 3 to quit because why run a fissure with only 2 drops.

These 'quitters' have an option to form a group, but from what I see it's no so much people with a Rad N16 quitting it's people 'fishing' with a random old intact relic, hoping to get matched with someone or a group carrying something nice, if not then quitting and trying again.

The solution is simple, don't show relic or refinement for people not in your squad until end of run.  Still show the relics of squad mates so people can do radshares etc, and showing people with no relic is probably fair (ish).  There is no reasonable decision you can make in a public fissure mission based on what other people's relics are except quit or stay, which is the terrible behaviour that the current system is promoting.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Myscho:

Thats why Recruiting exist, why on earth you wanna go public if you want all players have same relic

Because the players mentioned by OP, so the players who are leaving instantly probably dont even have those relics.

They just want to get the new items as quick as possible, so they start random missions until they get a chance.

Sadly, this behaviour is as old as the Relic system, and think i made a topic complaining about this years ago already 😄

Fissures are basically ruined for everyone who doesnt care about the new items for at least week after a new Prime Release because its just host migration after host migration because of this. Just wanna open random relics? Have fun praying that you find a Squad which stays together.

2 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

Because the players mentioned by OP, so the players who are leaving instantly probably dont even have those relics.

They just want to get the new items as quick as possible, so they start random missions until they get a chance.

Yeah, i know and met few of those tryhards, but for me its just wasting time

24 minutes ago, (PSN)oo-pH-oo said:

The solution is simple, don't show relic or refinement for people not in your squad until end of run.  Still show the relics of squad mates so people can do radshares etc, and showing people with no relic is probably fair (ish).  There is no reasonable decision you can make in a public fissure mission based on what other people's relics are except quit or stay, which is the terrible behaviour that the current system is promoting.

Sounds stupid, now people will leave public fissures cause it looks like no one has a relic equipped.

Theae people that join and leave if you don't have certain relics when a new prime drop tend really only appear for the first few days and then you don't see them till the next prime. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)oo-pH-oo said:

The solution is simple, don't show relic or refinement for people not in your squad until end of run

That’s not a viable option. Everyone is in your squad so nothing will happen. 

The best option is for you to just form your own group of four if you want to open a specific relic. If you are just opening random relics then everyone kind of need to just get over it - not having four people doesn’t matter unless you yourself are also hoping someone brings a specific relic for you to leech from.

The behaviour is a symptom of the system. Don't hate the players. Hate the relics. Hate how every new release forces you into a triple layered RNG grind from that exact moment unless you get lucky on Syndicate pulls.

That said, this release is mildly more agreeable than usual since we have a specific drop source for exclusively new relics once again. That's a big difference, especially when most players are going to be hitting up Plague Star even for the Forma alone.

It's still not as good as when permanent Bounties let you see the precise single relic you could target farm efficiently, though. When they started dumping only unvaults in the bounty pools, it was a huge motivator for not bothering with the usual RNG strife.

40 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Sounds stupid, now people will leave public fissures cause it looks like no one has a relic equipped.

Theae people that join and leave if you don't have certain relics when a new prime drop tend really only appear for the first few days and then you don't see them till the next prime. 

Why would it look like a person had no relic equipped it would just say 'RELIC' and that's all.

I agree that it's only really a problem at these times.

41 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

But like you dont?

It's very hard if I just want to get void traces and run random relics for Baro to get a group that wants to do this, this is exactly what public matching should be for.

12 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

There isn't anything you can do about it and they're not exactly doing anything illegal it's just annoying when it happens. People that do that either don't know recruit chat exists or are trying to leech new relics from other people

But there is, just have 'RELIC' or 'NO RELIC' for people in mission that didn't join in your squad.  There is no possible reason you would want to know what relic a pub matched player has before you open relics as literally the only thing you can do with that information is quit or stay.

The current system actively promotes these 'fishers' a simple change of not showing relics affects no one except those wanting to do this and removes the problem completely

i replied to threads complaining about random's behaviors too many times. last 3 replies i made are in such threads.

imma sound like broken record but i'll keep saying it until people gets it: warframe is a free game. it's one of the most popular in its category, and been on the top list for quite some time. it will attract the best and the absolute worst gamers of from all kind of putrid hells.
warframe is the wretched hive of scum and villainy.

the only way to play warframe and keep your sanity, is solo (well, at least for other modes than void fissure)
there's no point in trying to change the randoms. they'll just find another way to piss you, because it's the people, not the system.

if you want the best mathematically possible chances and need others to carry same relics as you, go radshare.
personally, i open relics for myself. if i already carry the relic i want to open, and i already rad it, that's all the chance i need. i don't care if other carries intacts, don't equip relics, or left squad.

i feel much happier in my warframe playing sessions when i stop expecting others to behave.
i play solo. and when i go pubs i expect them to do their worst, and when they do it doesn't get me frustrated anymore.

32 minutes ago, T-Shark69 said:

Hes not trying to get specific drops. We shouldnt have to form premade squads to leisuerly crack relics just because people wanna leech. 

Expecting ppl to behave in SOME way you should form pre made squad like everyone else does

38 minutes ago, (PSN)oo-pH-oo said:

It's very hard if I just want to get void traces and run random relics for Baro to get a group that wants to do this, this is exactly what public matching should be for.

Public is made for random ppl and not for ppl to behave in SOME way

44 minutes ago, (PSN)oo-pH-oo said:

Clearly I mean anyone who wasn't in your squad when the mission started, ie those who got publicly matched

I figured it probably was - but what you actually said could easily mean something different. It really is best to correctly explain your proposed solution to avoid confusion - will a busy DE employee skim reading posts get what you mean or assume what I suggested you meant? I see no point at all in this solution - the solution itself could cause problems later on. You are trying to solve a very temporary issue that already has a solution. The issue is exclusively if you are publicly matching, so you don't care what relics people take. So it really shouldn't matter if people leave or not. I am assuming this is a PS exclusive thing as I have never once encountered this issue on PC.

You do have to understand that running a public match means anything at all can happen. That is what you sign up for whenever you queue for a pub. If you want something specific you really need to make your own squad of four people. This is something that should be done even without the new prime frame rush.

44 minutes ago, (PSN)oo-pH-oo said:

But there is, just have 'RELIC' or 'NO RELIC' for people in mission that didn't join in your squad.  There is no possible reason you would want to know what relic a pub matched player has before you open relics as literally the only thing you can do with that information is quit or stay.

And the only thing this would leave to is:
"What relics does everyone have?"
And then if they don't get an answer they are happy with they leave the group and repeat doing that until they get the group that has relics that they are after.....and all the while getting a free pass to dig at people like "Yeah, I'm not going to waste Neo N16 Rad in this group..." with absolutely no way of knowing whether its true or not.

Ultimately this will do nothing to solve your problem...it just adds an extra step and doesn't fix the issue in any way.

Hiding relic names might prevent such behavior as that type of behavior is why all mid-mission objective rewards were made to show as "unidentified". Before that it wasn't uncommon to see players leave the moment a vault or cache didn't drop what they wanted.

But ultimately that type of behavior will die out as more players get the new primes and those relic fishers are done with the grind or can no longer reliably find relics they want in the wild. Being that temporary I can't see it warranting any changes.

Archived