Jump to content

Game force me to don't play - mastery level and 24 hours cooldown


sharpq
 Share

Recommended Posts

After 100 hours of gameplay I made some kind of progress, hit MR7 and I doing level 8 - and I fail tests - not once. Is ok abut this, I'm aware that I can win all the time, not problem about this at all. 

Issue is when I realised that to get higher MR I need level my weapons and warframes. To progress in the game I crafted a lot of weapons, waiting for me to collect from foundry and start level them up, but I don't see reason to do it before I pass test - logic apply.

Because agility is not my stronger part of play in Warframe, I fail test another day and I have to wait to do again for 24 hours. 

Can someone explain to me why we have a one day cooldown on exams? Where is logic here? Looks like developers punish me for playing. 

Sure, I can login and run some fissure missions or continue unlock some nodes on planets but subconsciously I'm aware that I don't get any progress from that (except materials or duplicate modes). Besides like mostly players know, materials is not issue after some time playing. 

And yes, I try practise on my test and I fail - just my bad luck - like I mentioned - I'm fine with this. 

As a feedback - if I can recommend - let's just scrap this cooldown. At current state looks for me like fictional way to keep players going... Warframe is really good game and I'm sure that don't need this type of stupid and useless mechanics

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, sharpq said:

Because agility is not my stronger part of play in Warframe, I fail test another day and I have to wait to do again for 24 hours. 

Practice the tests first. There is no reason why you cannot keep playing, stop complaining about nothing. You can keep levelling your gear you will still get the mastery experience - there is absolutely no reason to be worried.

 

The cooldowns are staying, you need to just get over it - what content have you been locked out of due to failure? If you cannot get over it you may need to find a new game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Practice the tests first

Like I mentioned - I practised and I fail - just my bad luck. 

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

The cooldowns are staying, you need to just get over it

Are you a developer team? 

 

8 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

If you master more gear you will get the mastery points as soon as you beat the mastery test. You can still go master all those weapons in your foundry, no mastery will go to waste

That good news, thank you for this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, sharpq said:

After 100 hours of gameplay I made some kind of progress, hit MR7 and I doing level 8 - and I fail tests - not once. Is ok abut this, I'm aware that I can win all the time, not problem about this at all. 

Issue is when I realised that to get higher MR I need level my weapons and warframes. To progress in the game I crafted a lot of weapons, waiting for me to collect from foundry and start level them up, but I don't see reason to do it before I pass test - logic apply.

Because agility is not my stronger part of play in Warframe, I fail test another day and I have to wait to do again for 24 hours. 

Can someone explain to me why we have a one day cooldown on exams? Where is logic here? Looks like developers punish me for playing. 

Sure, I can login and run some fissure missions or continue unlock some nodes on planets but subconsciously I'm aware that I don't get any progress from that (except materials or duplicate modes). Besides like mostly players know, materials is not issue after some time playing. 

And yes, I try practise on my test and I fail - just my bad luck - like I mentioned - I'm fine with this. 

As a feedback - if I can recommend - let's just scrap this cooldown. At current state looks for me like fictional way to keep players going... Warframe is really good game and I'm sure that don't need this type of stupid and useless mechanics

Apparently it is a mechanic to prevent exploits where people power level accounts to sell them and so on.

Luckily as others have mentioned, you can go ahead and unlock your other weapons and gear and play with them - you won't lose any Affinty or progress and it will be added to your level progress automatically. Play to your heart's content Tenno!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, sharpq said:

Like I mentioned - I practised and I fail - just my bad luck.

What the other fellow was speaking of (though, annoyingly, with no reference as to how; so useless unless one already knows about this) is going to a Relay, and near Cephalon Simaris there is a stairway with an alcove for each mastery test where you can choose to "practice", for an attempt that won't count for the 24-hour timer or ranking up; and doing that until you are confident in your ability to succeed the test, at which point you would then take the test.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, sharpq said:

Are you a developer team? 

No. But if you can be bothered to look on the forums you will see countless complaints about it. These have all been ignored. When you consider those it is fairly obvious that is what is happening.

58 minutes ago, sharpq said:

Like I mentioned - I practised and I fail - just my bad luck. 

You just need to keep practicing. If you fail the practice you should not try the actual thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, krc473 said:

Practice the tests first. There is no reason why you cannot keep playing, stop complaining about nothing. You can keep levelling your gear you will still get the mastery experience - there is absolutely no reason to be worried.

 

The cooldowns are staying, you need to just get over it - what content have you been locked out of due to failure? If you cannot get over it you may need to find a new game.

I stopped using the practice test ages ago because of the constant load screens. Why can't I stay in the simulacum and actually, you know, practice? Why must it kick me out?

Side note, I've given up mastery tests for now (lvl 25). I will not be chasing anymore air hockey pucks to prove my "worth". Screw that nonsense. It should have ended after lvl 14.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, (PSN)marshb863 said:

It should have ended after lvl 14.

Why 14? There are things that are restricted to MR16, so you’d miss out on a few weapons if you stopped at 14.

3 hours ago, (PSN)marshb863 said:

I stopped using the practice test ages ago because of the constant load screens

Personally, I don’t mind doing it once then being kicked. All the tests are fairly easy so the practice is more for just seeing what happens beforehand. It has always seemed strange that there is no repeat/retry button. It should finish then have the continue/extract screen from defence missions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quick update to the topic - after 5 days (or 5 attempts) I finally pass and.... I lost interest with this game. 

Today I finished story line, have total two new frames and a lot of new weapons - but because this nonsense with countdown - like I mentioned before - I lost interest in the game... Thank you developer team.

To answer question - why I don't play between tests - simple, why do you want me to invest my time in product who punish me so badly and if I'm going to progress, spending my time is quite out of logic. I can ignore completely this MR after 16 - if I do remember on this stage I have unlock all stuff in the game. Till this level you are progressing to unlock all things in game. 

I tried to practise all the time and during practice was perfect, just extra layer of stress with exam and potential fail make me to ... fail. Sounds stupid, I know but everyone is different and in a different way dealing with stress. 

Since I install game on my pc - in two weeks I make around 120 hours (which's give us around 60h/week - not bad I think, especially when I have family and job), I spend some real life money (that's was clearly my decision, no one forced me to do it) but because of this stupid mechanics I slowly in these 5 days I lose interest in the game... 

Conclusion - feedback

Scrap this countdown. If you want to punish someone for failing, just make countdown like 15-30 minutes. This allows players stay online and attempt to try again. If someone have to wait 24 hours to do some exams - (BTW - are we at primary school again?) - and player don't develop strong bond with game, he going to give up your product. 

From business perspective - I'm sure you guys want players to stay online and play the game. Only if someone using your product he be willing to spend some money for some cosmetic stuff etc. If you punish someone like this then I believe - you hurting your wallet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...