Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magnus prime shot sound

Raven8400

So, i've waited for so long to have the magnus prime in hands, and now that i have it i am disapointed, not by the weapon or design, but the sound felt ridiculous, i was expecting a sound similar but more aggressive and louder that the normal magnus. Could it be changed ?

I just got Strun Prime and I am pretty disappointed by it. Strun Wraith sounds far better. Building the Magnus Prime now, I'll set my expectations low.

EDIT: Just got Magnus Prime. It doesn't sound terrible but I'd say it sounds better than the default? Maybe if it sounded like a mix between the default and the Prime it would sound good. Something about it sounds off but I can't quite put my finger on it. It sounds maybe like the fire sound is being choked out near the beginning if that makes sense? But the rest sounds okay. But yeah, if Magnus Prime sounds bad to you, Strun Prime will sound terrible for sure. Sounds like it's shooting bb's into water with a hint of an energy sci-fi sound.

I was expecting a sound like a .44 magnum, not the sound it actually has, but the strun i will not really play it because i didn't like the wraith so probably won't like the prime one, it would be better if there was an option in customisation where we can choose the sound of the gun (limited by the class)

• 1 month later...
On 2021-09-09 at 10:37 PM, Raven8400 said:

So, i've waited for so long to have the magnus prime in hands, and now that i have it i am disapointed, not by the weapon or design, but the sound felt ridiculous, i was expecting a sound similar but more aggressive and louder that the normal magnus. Could it be changed ?

I agree.

Original (Ak-) Magnus are overall still some of my most used weapons. Recently, I've finally started to play with the Prime variant.

I'm not sure how this came to be, but not only is it comically oversized, but it sounds like a pea shooter, on top. It's really weird and with the "pew pew" it feels like a toy gun.

Edit: The hall effect when in the (both Ballroom/Cephalon) Simulacrum is decent, though.

At least the reload is still nice.

Yeah it seems to be a design choice for prime weapons to look hideously over-adorned and sound like someone tapping a glass with a spoon.

Good thing we have kuva & tenet weapons now, so the bad looking / sounding prime weapons are now mid-tier.

• 3 months later...

Archived