Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Prime & Plague Star: Hotfix 30.7.2  

[DE]Rebecca

while i will not deny how much of an abrasive perosn i am concerning horrible changes, it would do good to DE to look at HOW the playerbase reacted so violently to a simply mistake. any other game dev, they would have polite feedback. you? you get a whole burning explosion. this is not pretty to understand for you guys, but i'll say it. 

Your player base does not trust you.

i think that along the years you're wounded this trust too much like when doing bad decision, while trying to keep them ( like lootframe, for exemples. ) . it's time for you to start thinking about yourself, and try to understand why the player base reacts so violently to what you do that they dislike. years long of abuse turned them like that. you need to change it. 

43 minutes ago, lucandor said:

Yeah let's call off the cavalry (this time) it was actually an exploit that got fixed 😄

Well color me impressed lmao

At this point I just assume it's them fixing something that doesn't need to be fixed as is labeled as a 'bug' just so they can make players take longer to do something.
I still stand by my statement that they need to implement a max range it can spawn from the boil, however.

Thanks for the update, selling Hound/Lich stuff directly from Foundry will help players out alot.

Still no fix for:

-Being unable to dismount K-Drives with the "use" key, currently using "quick melee" is the only way to dismount, I believe this is unintentional.

-Being unable to fly down while using Tranq Rifle in Archwing, "fly down" key will not work, this only seems to happen while flying in AW with the Tranq Rifle equipped.

-Being unable to equip Ash's Shroud Helmet in Conclave, option is not available in Conclave Arsenal, equipping in normal arsenal and going to Conclave resets it to his default helm.

Would like to see changed:

-Bring back "hold melee for heavy attacks" instead of wasting a key just to swing a sword harder.  Bring back as an option for those who prefer it, but also leave the option of binding a key for heavy attacks.

-Ash's Bladestorm: To join Bladestorm should be "hold 4" rather than "use teleport on any enemy"  Currently his Teleport is unusable for the duration of Bladestorm, this seems inefficient and wasteful.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Sister Hound / Weapon / Lich Weapon Foundry “Selling” Functionality:

If you’ve engaged in the Adversary hunts with Kuva Liches and Sisters of Parvos, your Foundry might be suffering from some unavoidable clutter. The amount of Hounds and weapons sitting in your Foundry have grown to not only take up room in your list but also within the database itself!

To alleviate this clutter, you can now Sell a Hound and/or Adversary weapon directly from your Foundry without having to claim the item and use a Slot, granting yourself some Credits! Get cleaning up your (H)Foundry. Ordis’ orders!

Known issue: The button to sell your Hound or weapon will not work if you are using a Controller to use the Foundry

Ah man, this feature should be available on ALL blueprints. Meaning that i can sell multiple trash BPs right from the foundry. Like unused warframe parts, boar, gorgon, trash weapon bps. and so on....

Is there any chance that you guys will be making the Ghoul Saw better? It's a crappy MR 7 Melee Weapon that was way over hyped for this event that's taking a while to farm & it's ridiculous. Not even MR 10, come on now. Up the MR to 10 & give it much better stats too. Otherwise, what was the point.

56 minutes ago, quxier said:
2 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Any chance Yareli could get 90% damage reduction on Merulina, like Nezha's Warding Halo? Ideally with a damage absorption period as well.

Edit to clarify why 75% isn't enough:
If Yareli and Nezha both take 100 damage, with their respective defense active, Yareli takes 25 while Nezha takes 10. (With their respective defense ability taking the rest.) Through this, we can see that Yareli takes 2.5 times the damage Nezha takes, which is a lot. Versus a frame with 95% damage reduction, she takes 5 times the amount, which is A LOT. As is obvious, Merulina needs at least 90% damage reduction to be on par with your average tanking skill.

What about Merulina dash acts as roll? While rolling it gets another 75% damage reduction and you can equip Rolling guard that gives you 3 second of immortality.

As does Warding Halo, so Yareli still takes 2.5 times the damage Nezha takes. As for Rolling Guard, its existence is not an excuse for undertuned defensive abilities. Besides, it also has a 7s+ cooldown during which it does nada for you, and Yareli still takes 2.5 times the damage Nezha takes while their respective RG is on cooldown.

Try as one might, Merulina's damage reduction being a mere 75% is inexcusable.

3 hours ago, Jorak_Falconstar said:

we cant see what parts a hound is made from without claming it?

You can see the hound's head, body, legs, and tail in the codex. I agree it doesn't make much sense that they're not explicitly named in there, too, but DE's terrible UI philosophy is what it is.

3 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Any chance Yareli could get 90% damage reduction on Merulina, like Nezha's Warding Halo? Ideally with a damage absorption period as well.

Edit to clarify why 75% isn't enough:
If Yareli and Nezha both take 100 damage, with their respective defense active, Yareli takes 25 while Nezha takes 10. (With their respective defense ability taking the rest.) Through this, we can see that Yareli takes 2.5 times the damage Nezha takes, which is a lot. Versus a frame with 95% damage reduction, she takes 5 times the amount, which is A LOT. As is obvious, Merulina needs at least 90% damage reduction to be on par with your average tanking skill.

Hmm. I'm thinking the overall goal is to allow each frame to remain unique and distinct. Considering how agile Merulina is, there may be a hidden damage debuff on incoming attacks that reflect her passive dodge skill while riding Merulina, which doesn't show in a hard DR analysis. I'm not sure how you'd measure for that, but if her hitbox is so hard to target while she's in motion, that might provide the extra defence you were mentioning.

What about the melee ground slam attack angle? It's clearly not as good as it was. The maximum angle we can slam from the air is greatly decreased.

Edit: Oh, I see.

• Fixed Melee Ground Slams not traveling to targeted spot due to being affected by gravity.

1 minute ago, Kitsushadow said:

Hmm. I'm thinking the overall goal is to allow each frame to remain unique and distinct.

If "objectively worse than the average" counts as "unique and distinct", then "unique and distinct" is a dumb design decision. Nezha has 90% damage reduction, Gara has 90%, Nidus has 90%, Nova soft caps at 90%, Mesa has 95%, Mirage has 95%, Trinity has 93.75% combined. Nezha is the best comparison here, because he too has a damage reduction ability that redirects the absorbed damage to a separate health pool.

12 minutes ago, Kitsushadow said:

Considering how agile Merulina is, there may be a hidden damage debuff on incoming attacks that reflect her passive dodge skill while riding Merulina, which doesn't show in a hard DR analysis. I'm not sure how you'd measure for that, but if her hitbox is so hard to target while she's in motion, that might provide the extra defence you were mentioning.

This reads as a "what if" with zero proof to back it up whatsoever, not even an in-game test. Unless there's something hard-coded that nobody has figured out, which I strongly doubt, Yareli's got the same "bonus damage reduction/evasion while in motion" as any other frame in motion. Consider this: Nezha's also a fast frame, yet he gets 90% damage reduction despite having that very same "hitbox is so hard to target" that you mentioned, if that's even real. So Yareli still ends up taking 2.5 times the damage Nezha takes.

But it gets better.

Both Gara and Mirage get abilities that redirect enemy fire elsewhere (Spectrorage / Hall of Mirrors). They have legit, documented tools for avoiding enemy fire. And they still get more damage reduction than Yareli.

tl;dr: 75% damage reduction on Merulina is inexcusably low, and that's a fact.

4 hours ago, ConDucktorWhirl said:

Can you please buff golden instinct? By either tying the life of the spark to ability strength or to ability duration it would be a TREMENDOUS improvement because as it stands it really isn't helpful, especially with it's 20second cooldown

Nothing wrong with it, I found all my Kuria using it before the fix tying it to strength or duration would be bad and limit it to certain builds.

19 minutes ago, Spec-gineff said:

There's goes my Loki's Switch using Sniper Tower (sigh). Had to go on traditional way that is on the ground, only just the view blocked by the hill is very inconvenient.

You'll cope, DE fixed an exploit that you so proudly stated you did, you can still use Loki just not the exploit.

Thank you for the update, and the hot fixes. Thank you for fixing the Dark Split Sword as well, that's been a really big one. Very happy with the update so far.

For next time, can you please look at:

Fixes:

• Excalibur Umbra Transference. When transferring as the Operator, if you go some distance away from Umbra and return to him, you will appear at Umbra's previous location rather than the Operator's new location. This makes it extremely clunky to use Transference as Excalibur Umbra. This also only occurs when you are NOT the host in a squad.
  • Possible script errors related to the Oxylus?
  • Inviting other people to your squad will result in multiple of the invitation sent messages to appear in the textbox, in random amounts. Not sure if this means it sends multiple invites or not.
  • Certain spots of the Kubrodon marks for conservation in the Orb Vallis are broken, either taking you in broken paths before disappearing or the icon appearing on the map but not being an actual call mark. One such example is close to the Enrichment Labs.
  • K-Drive ragdoll physics work differently in the Plains of Eidolons than in other locations.

Changes:

• Vauban Prime being compatible with the Phased Skin, similar to how Rhino Prime is compatible with his Rubedo skin
  • Would you be willing to extend some "Toggle Prime Details" to regular skins or deluxe skins, such as Valkyr Gersemi?
  • Prisma Twin Grakatas when X)

Archived