Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SASoHBoss

I really really really like the ghoulsaw, but combo chains between groups of enemies is kind of weird and the chainsaw neutral forward is like a perfect line. Can we have some momentum during combos so we can move a little bit? And can the forward combo be extended outwards a little bit, right now forward meleeing is awkwardly running around enemies in bomber circles.

also increase the base damage or crit because this thing struggles REALLY bad
you got this bigass archwing sized melee and it has some of the lowest overall melee damage in the game
shame because it sounds and feels really good to use but it hits like a wet towel

And while we're already on the topic, the basic neutral combo feels...oddly slow, compared to the rest of the moveset. Really, really sluggish and weak, making it almost unusable.
Any chance to get that sped up a little so it feels more in-line with the rest of the kit?

This is just my opinion but what I think it really needs, is being able to extend the hits. Anyone who's played an action game with any saw like weapon knows what I'm talking about, where when you hit an enemy it slowly goes through them dealing a bunch of instance of damage.

It doesnt matter stats or if its slowly if when it hits, it just chews through an enemy dealing a ton of damage ticks which could quickly ramp up combo, status procs or just damage.

I don't think I can call a weapon "saw" when its mechanics should clearly be mimicking the functionality of a chainsaw, and yet it doesn't...

... Its like calling a secondary weapon "Pistol" when its clearly just a stupid laser...

... Or calling a primary weapon "Rifle" when its functionality is exactly a grenade launcher...

In fact, I actually feel the urge of calling Jaw Sword a "saw" because it actually makes more sense than calling the Ghoul Saw "saw"... If the Ghoul Saw isn't supposed to be mimicking a chainsaw, then why the clearly bulky design that has enough room to have a big ass engine inside of it in the first place?

.... But this is just me. Clearly, [DE] Staff "knows better" than all of us.

2 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Yup. And the moderators are hot-to-trot in moderating dissenting opinions, as of late.

3 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

I don't think I can call a weapon "saw" when its mechanics should clearly be mimicking the functionality of a chainsaw, and yet it doesn't...

I agree but the heavy attack does function similar to what I'd imagine a big saw should do (hits like 9 times).

5 hours ago, rachjumper said:

also increase the base damage or crit because this thing struggles REALLY bad
you got this bigass archwing sized melee and it has some of the lowest overall melee damage in the game
shame because it sounds and feels really good to use but it hits like a wet towel

In short, it's the Yareli of melee weapons, except this one's at least got the feels down.

I think the worst thing about Ghoulsaw (Not the only thing wrong, just the worst) is that the only way to move while attacking is to do the walking rev attack which only lets you hit whatever is immediately in front of you, and moves you forward too fast to repeatedly attack one thing. It's bad at hitting one thing and it's bad at hitting many things. Having to choose between hitting enemies and moving just does not  work with Warframe's content. The only way around this seems to be the ride maneuver, which isn't really useful for attacking repeatedly, or... the slide attack. which means Coptering is back in style. 

3 hours ago, Nomnivore1 said:

I think the worst thing about Ghoulsaw (Not the only thing wrong, just the worst) is that the only way to move while attacking is to do the walking rev attack which only lets you hit whatever is immediately in front of you, and moves you forward too fast to repeatedly attack one thing. It's bad at hitting one thing and it's bad at hitting many things. Having to choose between hitting enemies and moving just does not  work with Warframe's content. The only way around this seems to be the ride maneuver, which isn't really useful for attacking repeatedly, or... the slide attack. which means Coptering is back in style. 

100% this, alo there is no engine sound at ll, its only the blade sounding like its cutting, even if ur hitting the air

What if the saw was held horizontally during the forward combo to increase the radius and make it easier to hit enemies? Right now the hitbox feels small and when constantly having to move to do it, it's harder to hit targets than it needs to be.

On another note, it requires spamming the melee key until you get carpal tunnel, why not make it held?

9 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... Its like calling a secondary weapon "Pistol" when its clearly just a stupid laser...

... Or calling a primary weapon "Rifle" when its functionality is exactly a grenade launcher...

In fact, I actually feel the urge of calling Jaw Sword a "saw" because it actually makes more sense than calling the Ghoul Saw "saw"... If the Ghoul Saw isn't supposed to be mimicking a chainsaw, then why the clearly bulky design that has enough room to have a big ass engine inside of it in the first place?

You realize the Ghoulsaw is based on the CINDERsaw a real tool meant for cutting through cinderblocks, cement and rebar, and pipes. :)

I didn't acquire the Ghoulsaw yet, but just looking at the stance combos, I'd say a heavy attack (maybe hybrid) build will probably give you more potential for high level content. The heavy attack is one of the few moves that force slash procs (and even so only on half of the strikes) and it also knocks enemies down at the end of the first step, which should open them up for some more forced slash procs and damage boost with "deep cuts".  But even then the critical stats just look pretty mediocre, so I doubt it will compete with the best melees.

28 minutes ago, GekkoKid said:

The Ghoulsaw should technically proc slash on EVERY attack, shouldn't it? It's a goddamn saw for crying out loud, and the description says it cuts "Armor like flesh and flesh like rotten pudding" or something like that.

I mean, it does have 27% status chance and 58% weight on slash. So with weeping wounds (and maybe even buzz kill for a better IPS weight) it should be proc'ing enough slash at high combo counter. Then you can run it with zenurik and reflex coil to be able to abuse the heavy attacks without losing a lot of combo counter. 

I had a feeling when I saw the stats of this thing.  It looks like DE based everything on the analytics and not the gameplay for how this feels.  The attacks should have some sort of multiple hit mechanic or forced slash on all sweeping attacks. 

I'll still get it because unlike yareli I'm sure I'll still have fun struggling with it. 

2 hours ago, V2lkyr said:

Its a MR7 weapon so I sort of understand why it's not good.Oh well I hope they make a steel path viable assault saw.

I've been keeping this to myself, but I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a Kuva Saw pretty soon. Which is why my post doesn't talk about stats. :)

3 minutes ago, PitSARVAPGaming said:

I've been keeping this to myself, but I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a Kuva Saw pretty soon. Which is why my post doesn't talk about stats. :)

Unfortunately stats is are all they are going to fix when it comes to this thing. I doubt DE is gonna mo cap and reanimate the combos just because they suck.  Because well almost all weapon stance animations suck, are awkward, or have janky animations.  I would honestly just throw as much attack speed as you can get with this and see if it's usable. 

Attack speed and status chance and lets see what happens.  

Archived