Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SASoHBoss

I wonder if part of the reason for the low stats is because it's been in the works for years and years and years. Maybe before the melee 2.999999 changes when all the melee weapon stats got buffed? It's probably using low stats based on an old system because they forgot / didn't think about it, like usual.

Either way, I want it to be buffed. It's such an awesome looking and unique weapon that would be fun to use if it was effective. Buff its stats, buff its hitboxes, massively increase the number of ticks, and let us ride on it continuously.

3 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

wait... wait a minute. wait. just wait!

are you telling us a gimmick weapon in Warframe is actually kinda bad?

MIND. BLOWN!

Some are nice, maybe niche, but nice.

2 hours ago, Verreater said:

Hell, Glaives are technically one big gimmick and they are actually good, same as Gunblades. They can be fun and usable weapons.

Are those really gimmicks? Glaives & gunblades are what I would consider proper stances. Not like copy pasta of 20ish other stances with minor tweaks.

3 hours ago, Verreater said:

But bringing it to Steel Path feels painful.

Ah, yeah that makes sense. I hadn’t quite gotten to trying it on that yet. I don’t believe anything I tested it on was over level 100 on the star chart.

3 hours ago, Verreater said:

What is the difference between a gimmick weapon and a real weapon?

The way I see it: a proper weapon feels like it is/was meant to be good; a gimmicky weapons feels like it was designed primarily as a toy, and not necessarily intended to be good. Some of the glaives (Halikar and it’s disarming) certainly have gimmicky features, but as a whole they seem pretty excellent - as do gunblades.

• I found that I really don’t mind how good or bad the saw is, it is fun to play around with.

vor 23 Minuten schrieb LillyRaccune:

StartMenu> Options> Display> toggle "Weapon Elemental FX"

or reduce the Effects Intensity slider on the same page of the display options.

Effects intensity is allways set to low in my case, to hide weapon elementy fx could be a workaround - good idea, but its not the solution imho if its only because of one weapon. I use different warframes all the time with different setups and i do not really want to forgo the weapon fx for other weapons or constantly switch the weapons fx settings because of one weapon that has an overdone fx.

Best regards.

The entire stance is just a single new animation (partially, clearly based on kdrive crouch dash but sufficient bone tweaks to count as new) and everything else mostly just copied over with animation lock glue from heavy blade, gunblade and claw stances with the heavy weapon/ground AW gun arm bones locked.

It should have been at that point a heavy blade with a heavy attack override that makes the ride a infinite heavy that loses speed and damage as combo drops.

Also yes, forward melee with animation time shorter than input que shouldnt be a thing (then again animation locks as glue shouldnt be a thing, old dash keyboard street should return and Tempo Royale should be returned to its old smooth glory *man misses pause combo here but who cares, it was bad before and its hitbox got nerfed now in 2.998 to the point where it misses everything to the right of you at the start or even made better along with all melee having a no animation lock forward combo/free strafing and full speed influence by w rather than locked in fixed distance movement).

The weapon is dope, but it's somewhat weak.

Rather than outright buff its damage tho' or give it a basic crit' multiplier, what I suggest is to simply allow the user to keep riding the saw by holding the attack key.
So instead of a short ride followed by a slam, they can just keep riding till they release and then slam.

IMO, even without increasing damage, that alone would make it worth keeping because my goodness riding that saw is fun AF.

...That said, I do think the combo' multi and the lack of multiple-ticks per attack is a bit lame, given this is a status type weapon.
We need every chance we can get to slap statuses on the enemy with that low crit multi' value.

15 hours ago, (PSN)waddie said:

It launched with a 4 star riven disposition, so I’m pretty sure they know how powerful it is(n’t). It’s basically the Skana for the assault saw category, adjust your expectations accordingly.

I’m fine with the stance being slow and ponderous, swinging that thing around should feel slower than basically any other weapon in the game. My issue is that it often feels like it’s not connecting with anything. If the wind-up is going to take that long, the impact needs to be devastating.

>Attack speed of 1
>Slow AF swings

I guess the speed-o-meter was aimed at the circular-saw's edge itself, rather than the weapon.

But yeah, it does feel soft for such lengthy wind-ups.
I'd be fine with just allowing us to extend the ride duration forever by holding the attack key, but eh.

17 hours ago, Thural said:

Can we also take a moment to appreciate that DE somehow managed to release a stance with the lowest %/s for every combo category?

To look at the extremes, the neutral and forward combos have a quarter of the %/s of sovereign outcast, while also having way worse aoe and forced procs.

Another big oofer aimed at that combo multi.

7 hours ago, V2lkyr said:

Not an excuse for the stance being bad,considering more assault saws are supposed to come out in the future

This. It's akin to the spearguns. This isn't a single-case weapon, it's the start of what is likely an entirely new class. This should be obvious.

The baseline for this weapon class cannot be so marred by its stance, of all things, as this will make ALL OF THEM total garbo from the moment they launch.
This is a balance issue that needs fixing.

On 2021-09-08 at 9:55 PM, (NSW)Raziel-kuyoma said:

This is just my opinion but what I think it really needs, is being able to extend the hits. Anyone who's played an action game with any saw like weapon knows what I'm talking about, where when you hit an enemy it slowly goes through them dealing a bunch of instance of damage.

It doesnt matter stats or if its slowly if when it hits, it just chews through an enemy dealing a ton of damage ticks which could quickly ramp up combo, status procs or just damage.

Yeah, it really needs more ticks per hit quite badly. Would make the low damage profile much better and allow its focus as a status-type melee to shine.

Yeah, more ticks per hit would make this weapon less crumby... Make the status stacking easier, allow it to build combo multi' fast enough to offset the low damage multi' per combo somewhat and increase its base damage directly through this method without actually speeding up the animations.

A sort of 'fire rate increase' without faster swings, so to speak. Would definitely make sense, given this is a spinning saw-blade we're hitting the enemy with.

I mirror the sentiments other people have offered here, though I also have some suggestions for changing the Butcher's Revelry stance.

• Make all the moves faster. It's not really an issue with attack speed on the weapon itself, the animations are just really slow by default.
  • Standard combo: add forward momentum.
  • Forward combo: swap with block combo, add forward momentum.
  • Block combo: swap with forward combo, remove forward momentum, extra buffs. Turn it into a move that sacrifices all mobility for huge damage on one target.

On 2021-09-09 at 9:32 PM, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

I dunno about that. They made a lot of fancy animations and effects for Yareli, then threw some stats together without any thoughts, so prioritizing animations over stats seems right up their alley

Different teams. The animation team usually does a really good job and then the numbers/balance guys come in and say wouldn't it be cool if this huge ass saw had less range than a sword? And half the damage of a dagger? Let's give it a follow through of 1 but make it impossible to hit anything with its hit box. Good jokes. Worse when they bring in the guys responsible for drop tables though. Pretty sure that's Sheldon who always has a huge laugh on devstreams when he hears players are struggling. Ha ha.

Only problem with this change is that then the ghoulsaw will become the most fun weapon and I'll use it with every build.

Seriously tho please make these two changes, namely the riding state that loops until you choose to end it and the forward click combo that loops until you choose to end it. It would make this weapon so much fun

Archived