PitSARVAPGaming

> Make the 'Assault Saw' weapon class 'Alarming', a unique feature among melee weapons and a minor balancing tool.

> Give the Ghoul Saw more ticks per attack to offset its low combo multiplier -which is on par with far faster melee weapons- and make better use of status-stuffing enemies. This should be the norm for Assault Saws going forward.

> Let players ride the saw by holding the melee key -after using the alt-attack- till they release. No reason not to, you can't leap and such with the saw unlike a hovering boogie-board and the attack itself is weak.

> Allow the player to hold the melee key to keep revving the saw in front of them while walking, rather than having them tap it repeatedly. This is a massive QoL fix with minimal work required and would be faithful to the original vision of the weapon as per what was shown initially.

> Swap the conditions for the neutral melee and walking melee. Holding a saw down on an enemy right in front of you, while walking you swing it wide to strike more foes... It just makes far more sense.

Done, weapon fixed.

Edited by skullkid558
  • Like 4

> Make the 'Assault Saw' weapon class 'Alarming', a unique feature among melee weapons and a minor balancing tool.

> Give the Ghoul Saw more ticks per attack to offset its low combo multiplier -which is on par with far faster melee weapons- and make better use of status-stuffing enemies. This should be the norm for Assault Saws going forward.

> Let players ride the saw by holding the melee key -after using the alt-attack- till they release. No reason not to, you can't leap and such with the saw unlike a hovering boogie-board and the attack itself is weak. Some folks also suggested the idea of giving it a fuel gauge to burn through when riding to allow lengthy rides, but prevent back-to-back lengthy rides as well... I don't think that'd be necessary and it'd just add more UI work to fixing the weapon, but it's an interesting idea all the same.

> Allow the player to hold the melee key to keep revving the saw in front of them while walking, rather than having them tap it repeatedly. This is a massive QoL fix with minimal work required and would be faithful to the original vision of the weapon as per what was shown initially.

> Swap the conditions for the neutral melee and walking melee. Holding a saw down on an enemy right in front of you, while walking you swing it wide to strike more foes... It just makes far more sense.

Done, weapon fixed.

Edited by skullkid558

"Butcher's Revelry should have its neutral and forward combos switched"

Agreed. Also, make the saw-to-the-front attack a held action, rather than tapping repeatedly to keep up the assault.
Same for riding, let us hold the melee key after using the alt'-melee trigger for it... Ride till we release it.

More ticks per attack to stack status better/faster... Making the weapon 'Alarming' to match the theme of it a bit better, as it's loud AF and a literal revving saw.
Better combo multiplier would be nice, but could be offset somewhat with moar ticks.

Edited by skullkid558
  • Like 2

On 2021-09-09 at 9:10 PM, DrivaMain said:

The low stats could be they are making room for a variant. 

This.  Wraith, Prisma, and Kuva Variants are possible.  But…

Still doesn’t change stance concerns, though.

I do agree that a grinding multi-hit with a larger range/hit box and separate slam attack would make it more desirable.

Panthera alt attack is a saw-blade continuous hit.

Edited by (PSN)Silverback73

Hahaaaah! Just finished rushing my Ghoul Saw because I’m tremendously curious after all this talking about it. I wasn’t even all that hyped over the last few years that the concept has been around; figured it’ll be what it’ll be 😋. Let’s see what it’s like…

edit: Feels weighty. Mildly cinematic. Plague Star’ll be a good chance to get a feel, since I can use it in original form then decide how I want to adjust. Oooh, liking that heavy attack

last edit: I love it. Feels heavy, like I’m swinging a huge piece of machinery. I was swarmed by Infested and was thinking “I need a big sweeping attack”, and then I used the Reciprocator combo and found my answer. Couldn’t use it continuously, obviously, otherwise I’d get ripped apart. But it worked well and added some nice slash procs on everything so I could escape.

The only mild thing I’ve found so far is I can’t prematurely end Rip ‘N Ride in case the distance I was crossing was somewhere between where it starts and where it ends, but it’s not a deal breaker

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

vor 8 Stunden schrieb (NSW)Greybones:

The only mild thing I’ve found so far is I can’t prematurely end Rip ‘N Ride in case the distance I was crossing was somewhere between where it starts and where it ends, but it’s not a deal breaker

Pretty sure you can stop any combo at any point by rolling or using an ability.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb (NSW)Greybones:

last edit: I love it. Feels heavy, like I’m swinging a huge piece of machinery.

A huge piece of machinery that does the damage of a small sword but much slower :c

15 minutes ago, Verreater said:

A huge piece of machinery that does the damage of a small sword but much slower :c

Yeah, I think you’re right about the rolling out or using an ability.

🤔 What kind of small sword? Now I’m wondering how it fares compared to the Skana (which gives me another weapon to re-acquire and add to my arsenal); I believe Mastery Rank would have something to do with how powerful it is at core level.

edit: Hmm. Looks surprisingly equal to the Ether Sword, both in damage and attack speed. I’m definitely going to try both though in-game; not a fan of comparing only numbers

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

-The STANCE suck: 

Rictus' Wraith: Why it feel like an eternity to swing a 1 attack speed melee around? 

Ghoul Rush: Make it just one smooth motion, the current combo is stuttery and super awkward to use. Allow the player to hold the melee key to keep revving the saw in front of them while walking, rather than having them tap it repeatedly.

Rip 'N Ride: Slit the combo up to multiple stage, like with Blind Justice we have the slide and the slam separate, why can't you do this with this one? oh, and make the "ride" stage longer, ya know, as long as the time you make us wait for a S#&$show of a new weapon type that you hyped up for almost a year. 

Reciprocator: WHY THE F you make it spin backward, you hitting enemy with the guard not the blade itself.

-The Mechanic of the saw: 

Make the Assault Saw weapon class Alarming.

Lower the dmg if you want, make it tick damage multiple time per hit, it is a mechanical saw, stop treating it like just another heavy blade.

P/S: did you test weapon with a level1 Butcher again?

Edited by AeinzPrime
  • Like 1

It's definitely a fun weapon, and it is thematically awesome. I just wish it created more gore though. I would love it if it forced gore on kills like the Amalgam Ripkas True Steel mod. I mean, the finishers alone look like they would saw a grineer in half but it has no gore whatsoever to back up its theme. Seems unintentional.

It really, really needs to multihit during most of its attacks. Same problem as Panthera's chainsaw mode: damage ticks are so few and far between that it feels like it ran out of fuel and you're just swinging it unpowered. No matter what type of build I try, It's lagging behind even some of the weakest melee weapons. If it properly hit multiple times per swing like we'd expect a circular saw to do then we wouldn't need mandatory speed mods on it. I don't mean some new novel mechanic either, plenty of melee stances will multihit during individual attacks in a combo.

I'm getting tired of needing to join a wave of feedback/backlash because things aren't close to good enough on release. We feel like we HAVE to make a big show of it or it won't get addressed for four years. Why does it keep happening? Why did Yareli get so many tweaks that don't address her real issues? Aren't these things kind of obvious? Who's not catching on when the issues seem self-evident almost all of the time?

We know your time is precious and it gets strained even moreso when you're working on a big update. That's exactly why it's painful to see that you ARE putting time in to fixing things, but failing for mostly obvious reasons. We can feel that you're reaching the point where you can't budget any more time for this, but all the methods used were wrong from the outset, often obviously wrong. Then once you let go and pretend it's fine even though no one's satisfied, the thing you wanted us to look forward to is now just left on the shelf.

It feels like getting told we're going to the water park over and over, but you're too busy with work each time you're supposed to take us, so you put out the lawn sprinkler. And then two lawn sprinklers. And then we just make ourselves forget about the water park cause we can tell it's not gonna happen, and we remember this for the next time we're promised something.

Edited by Pfysicyst

What if it acted similar to the gravimag heavy guns and then ghoul saw could use fuel that needed to be recharged. Then it could be made really powerful and balanced without being just another OP melee.

Edited by Redfeather75

On 2021-09-15 at 1:10 PM, Verreater said:

One combo couldn't be "rolled". I think it was either heavy attack or finisher.

On 2021-09-14 at 3:42 PM, skullkid558 said:

> Let players ride the saw by holding the melee key -after using the alt-attack- till they release. No reason not to, you can't leap and such with the saw unlike a hovering boogie-board and the attack itself is weak. Some folks also suggested the idea of giving it a fuel gauge to burn through when riding to allow lengthy rides, but prevent back-to-back lengthy rides as well... I don't think that'd be necessary and it'd just add more UI work to fixing the weapon, but it's an interesting idea all the same.

If they introduce hold-feature it could be as option. Some folks want it for all weapons. Ghoulsaw is imho one want that would really benefit from it.

On other hand I would prefer that you don't have to hold key:

On 2021-09-11 at 8:37 PM, Leqesai said:

Yes.

I agree that the weapon is disappointing. It is fun to meme with it but riding the thing is incredibly awkward. The ground slam at the end is completely useless. It is slow, difficult to aim, and doesn't do much damage compared to regular attacks and/or heavy attacks which execute much faster.

I find it has some problem damage falloff. In lot of cases I'm doing decent damage but sometimes it just very small. One case is when you are "stuck" at enemy, then this enemy would get very small damage.

Just thought of something... Ghoulsaw can be heavily tied to the combo counter mechanic (cuz high speed spinning sawblade), really becoming its own class of melee weapon.

• Hold heavy attack to charge/rev combo counter, enemies coming in front take damage/become gibs
    • Conversely, melee attacks with the Ghoulsaw don't build the combo counter, as the weapon is a powered weapon
  • Very high combo duration
  • Having combo counter makes weapon alarming
    • Saw spins relative to combo counter
  • Rip N' Ride's distance is fueled by remaining combo counter and causes combo counter to decay faster
Edited by DSMK2
  • Like 1

On 2021-09-08 at 5:12 PM, rachjumper said:

also increase the base damage or crit because this thing struggles REALLY bad
you got this bigass archwing sized melee and it has some of the lowest overall melee damage in the game
shame because it sounds and feels really good to use but it hits like a wet towel

it's probably because the stance still has some of the lowest damage multipliers of any stance in the game, if not actually the lowest, even after the buff. most stances have average damage multipliers of 300% and above but the ghoulsaw stance has less than 300%. and the forward combo doesn't even have a multiplier at all.

On 2021-09-10 at 4:23 PM, LillyRaccune said:

StartMenu> Options> Display> toggle "Weapon Elemental FX"

or reduce the Effects Intensity slider on the same page of the display options.

I started using Ghoul Saw on my PS4. None of these options remove the obnoxious circles from the Saw attacks. Halp!

Moveset is cool but the weapon itself is extremely slow.

I have quickening on it and with 60% arcane strike and it still feels sluggish. Which is insane because most weapons feel moderately fast even @ 1.40 speed. They get pretty quick with arcane strike on top of it.

easy fix

- while blocking, the attack animation plays 

:D

easiest way to inolement a looping attack that we all want

the forward attavk animation is similar to the standing, but without the legs.

That way, we can move around!

It's a crime for how good this weapon sounds.

• Like 1