Beginner Valkyr builds + tips?

Ne0nRunner

Question

Beginner player here. I just built Valkyr, and while I'm ranking her up I wanted to plan ahead for some potential mod builds. I don't have many rare mods for Warframes at the moment (mostly resistances, stat boosts, and set mods) so I was wondering if anyone knew some mod builds and tips I could use to play Valkyr effectively and play off her strengths? I usually play solo so I'm looking to maximize survival and crowd control if possible.

Edited by Ne0nRunner
Clarity

3 answers to this question

Personally I like to use the Warcry and Hysteria augments.

Infinite duration attack speed

And for when you meet something viral immune, whip out the massive damage claws with corrosive.

Then further I boost my survivability with Nezhas firewalker subsumed over Paralysis, for status immunity, speed boost and fire procs (which can also aid in shredding enemy armor)

• Like 1

Equip Rage and/or Hunter Adrenaline. You can run Hysteria almost perpetually.

Health mod is required. Armor mod is helpful. Ability and energy mods go well with Hysteria.

The claws don't need a catalyst for 60 capacity, so you should have no problem getting damage up.

Valkyr with claws alone can comfortably solo almost any mission up to level 100.

• Like 1

Valkyr (Prime) is one of the tankiest frames due to her having the highest Armor in the entire game. As such, you'd definitely want to mod her for extra Health (Vitality) and Armor (Steel Fiber). You'd probably want to use Steel Charge in her Aura slot as well.

The rest is up to you. Adding speed mods to increase mobility is always useful. Adding Efficiency and Duration mods to keep up her Warcry can also be useful. I don't know if you have access to her augments yet, but Eternal War can be good to keep up her Warcry.

CC is going to be a bit tougher for her and you might just have to rely on her weapons for that. Her 3 (especially with augment) is supposed to be the closest she's got for CC, but I haven't found much use for it myself.

Good luck and have fun!

• Like 1