Request for DE to pull Metrics to weight opinions when considering posts

Nox-Inruptio

Dear DE,

I've been playing online games for over 20 years and there is a consistent issue that raises it's head, one that did not used to addressable.  That is the loud and vocal forum posters, vs. those that play the game religiously and almost never post on the forums.  It is also impossible for we the player base to be able to tell the difference in who's posting like mad AND playing.

As a free to play, DE has become a leader in the business, this of course has meant a constant need to develop new content for sale and a balancing act with fixing existing issues.  It is very easy for we the players to see what's posted on the forums, sometime there is a large disconnect between different opinions in the community.  When evaluating these, I'd like to recommend pulling the metrics on time played, amount of money spent on the game (while that might seem distasteful to some, DE has to make money to support the roughly 350 people employed there and stay in business), as well as number (and quality?) of posts to the forums.

It's just an idea, which i hope is helpful. There are those that talk a lot but don't spend on the game and don't play, There those that talk and play lot but, but never spend a dime.  Those talk - spend - and play.  Those that just play and never spend and rarely say a word on the forums; and those that play like mad, spend a ton and rarely ever comment on the forums.   All have an opinion, but how much weight is give to it should come down to combination of the three .... in my opinion. 😁  Keep it organic, just - be aware of who's talking, if that makes sense?

Oh right.. forgot one, content creators? Not on my list, i know they are already on DE's so I don't have to address them.

Love the game!  And thanks to all the DE staff that keeps it great! 

• Like 1

Just because people have money to spend on the game or have been playing games longer doesn't necessarily mean they have taste or good ideas. But I'm sure they consider some feedback more than others already.

Without being social or political in the thread... consider to yourself the mess the world is in right now.

• Like 1

I can't agree with this. My metrics would be on the top end, but showing that on here may potentially discourage players from posting fresh ideas or even fresh takes on old ideas. The best Forums that can exist are ones that maximize the player diversity in discussion to get the best scope of varying opinions. Having those kinds of stats visible when posting can bias a discussion or create a false sense of credibility in another player. We are all human so anybody can make a mistake, and anybody can equally make a great contribution.

DE can determine the gravity of someone's feedback/posting with the help of these metrics, but players do not need to see that for healthy discussion.

Edited by Voltage

Not even sure that they do take any of what anyone says here worth a grain of salt. The only real suggestions ive seen taken have been ones about things needing a nerf bat, or occasionally post rework/release posts about small numbers changes they can make. Quality of life, big changes, rework ideas, all that sort of things sit idle for years and rarely is it the community even gets a say. Just look at the recent melee nerfs/galvanised mods. Pages upon pages of feedback all ignored and released in the same state as intended. No numbers changes since. 

50% of 0 is still the same as 80 or 100% of 0 listening

• Like 1