Nidus rework concept

I know nidus is a good frame that can do well in high levels and deal good damage. I just think he's boring to play so I made this to make him feel like a walking infested outbreak. So here it is;

Passive: Same passive

Ability 1 - Infect: Release airborne spores that infect nearby enemies and causes them to turn on allies. Infested allies spread the infection by damaging others. Every enemy infected adds a mutation stack

Ability 2 - Ravage: Release yellow pus that infects enemies who come into contact while also healing infested allies that come into contact with it. (Infected enemies give mutation stacks)

Ability 3 - Ravenous: Same as nidus' current 4th (uses mutation stacks)

Ability 4 - Blight: Consume mutation stacks and grow armor for a massive damage reduction and constant healing. Attacks instantly infect enemies and gains mutation stacks

That's my idea for a nidus rework. Let me know what you think.

Passive should stay as is and ability 4 beefing nidus up with massive damage reduction + healing + infinite stacks?

So, constant ez pz immortality with bonus defense. Seems not thought-out, as this would even get boring after a while. I would rather play Loki and this way stay invulnerable due to other reasons.

Edited by iHeuksal

As a long time Nidus fan, this is not a good rework for him.

1.  This would make him too much like Saryn, and we don't NEED a frame who can mass-wipe an entire map at once. Saryn does it just fine, and I frankly don't enjoy her kit so I'd rather NOT have a male Saryn.

2. Overall worthless, especially given that Warframe doesn't have the best hit collision with large projectiles. Ravenous already heals, making it even more useless.

3. It's Ravenous, same old same old.

4. No thanks. Not interested in this in the slightest, I'd rather use Parasitic Link for the damage share or the Ability Strength boost.

Your rework would essentially give Nidus 4 heals. First from the 2, second from Ravenous, third from the 4, and then fourth from Nidus's inherent HP regen.

Nidus's overall gameplay, imo, is fine. What he needs is changes to his stack economy so he can actually reliably utilize his abilities.

On 2021-09-10 at 5:55 AM, (XBOX)ONESH0TLEFT1825 said:

I know nidus is a good frame that can do well in high levels and deal good damage. I just think he's boring to play so I made this to make him feel like a walking infested outbreak. So here it is;

Passive: Same passive

Ability 1 - Infect: Release airborne spores that infect nearby enemies and causes them to turn on allies. Infested allies spread the infection by damaging others. Every enemy infected adds a mutation stack

Ability 2 - Ravage: Release yellow pus that infects enemies who come into contact while also healing infested allies that come into contact with it. (Infected enemies give mutation stacks)

Ability 3 - Ravenous: Same as nidus' current 4th (uses mutation stacks)

Ability 4 - Blight: Consume mutation stacks and grow armor for a massive damage reduction and constant healing. Attacks instantly infect enemies and gains mutation stacks

That's my idea for a nidus rework. Let me know what you think.

speaking truthfully, its an awful idea, your just turning him into saryn 2.0 with a bit of Revenant and your concept for his 4th just being a re-worded Hysteria but being able to use all his weapons...
The only thing that I think needs to change is how easy it is to get stacks, especially when playing with rando's or friends that really force you to compete with them for stacks. Because if you know anything about warframe, its that competing with allies for enemy presence or kills is the worst thing ever, and as Nidus has to do that whenever there is another player, just being able to get stacks more quickly and easier would be a massive buff to him.
I think that if any frame needs a rework right now, it'd be someone like Inaros who IS boring to play and essentially just acts as a bullet-sponge.