Jump to content

Please don't nerf Sentients


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, nslay said:

Look, regardless of loadout, you still had to do more than just, say, toss Glaive Prime once and walk away.

This change is so silly and disproportional, I just one-shotted the Steel Path Stalker just now. This is absolutely bonkers man. If you were thinking this

... what do you think now? Should the Sentients be like Level 1 Earth enemies from when we first start the game? Because that's how it feels man. They were easy before... now it's just silly.

If you can't grasp the problem at being able to one-shot Steel Path Conculysts or Battalysts... or them being easier than Corpus units... can you at least see how silly it is for the Steel Path Stalker?

Here's what it used to be like... and no, he's never once been as easy or comparable to the Acolytes (who have always been easy)

  Hide contents

 

Now you can one-shot that guy after DE's change. IMO, being able to one-shot Steel Path Stalker is a serious balance problem and DE should revisit their change. Tweak it a bit... jeez.

What… did you make the build so powerful for if you didn’t want it to kill things with ease?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

What… did you make the build so powerful for if you didn’t want it to kill things with ease?

I don't see the relevance? What are you trying to say? That the game should be extremely significantly easier than it used to be with the right loadout... while playing the "hardest" mode?

Just for the sake of comparison... you've played the Steel Path Ropalolyst right? Bullet sponge shields. Imagine if DE made a change where you could just one-shot the Steel Path Ropalolyst shields with your existing loadout. This is how the change to Sentients feels... especially w.r.t. the formerly formidable Steel Path Stalker. I just can't believe it... I mean I guess it's nice that I can just kill him like any other Acolyte now (EDIT: I mean, Steel Path Stalker is now basically the same as Violence, the Acolyte that can nullify your powers).

Edited by nslay
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, nslay said:

I don't see the relevance? What are you trying to say? That the game should be extremely significantly easier than it used to be with the right loadout... while playing the "hardest" mode?

Just for the sake of comparison... you've played the Steel Path Ropalolyst right? Bullet sponge shields. Imagine if DE made a change where you could just one-shot the Steel Path Ropalolyst shields with your existing loadout. This is how the change to Sentients feels... especially w.r.t. the formerly formidable Steel Path Stalker. I just can't believe it... I mean I guess it's nice that I can just kill him like any other Acolyte now.

The relevance is that you made that build to be powerful, and then along comes a change which lets it continue being powerful. But if you find it too powerful, then this change now lets you swap something out and you may be right back to the level you want.

You know that QoL or Augment or Arcane you want to equip? Now you can, and the game may be the difficulty you were experiencing before. You’re not forced into the singular build, and you certainly already chose to make mincemeat of your enemies, which you’re doing in both cases, so this gives you more options to play around with.

If there was an option to one-shot the Ropalolyst shields, I’m pretty sure you’d have it equipped, because that’s what you’re going for, right? Nothing wrong with that, mind. Bulletsponges who can’t fight back and make things interesting aren’t tons of fun

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

The relevance is that you made that build to be powerful, and then along comes a change which lets it continue being powerful. But if you find it too powerful, then this change now lets you swap something out and you may be right back to the level you want.

You know that QoL or Augment or Arcane you want to equip? Now you can, and the game may be the difficulty you were experiencing before. You’re not forced into the singular build, and you certainly already chose to make mincemeat of your enemies, which you’re doing in both cases, so this gives you more options to play around with.

If there was an option to one-shot the Ropalolyst shields, I’m pretty sure you’d have it equipped, because that’s what you’re going for, right? Nothing wrong with that, mind. Bulletsponges who can’t fight back and make things interesting aren’t tons of fun

That's nice, blame me for DE's poor balance decisions.

It was fine the way it was before and everyone I communicated with here all tended to agree that Sentients were already easy enough before. DE making them extremely easier is baffling!

EDIT: Look, just as a reminder... players asked for Steel Path because they could one-shot everything in the normal Star Chart. Making the game easier in such a way that formerly durable enemies like Sentients and Stalker can be one-shotted in Steel Path partly defeats that purpose...

Edited by nslay
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, nslay said:

That's nice, blame me for DE's poor balance decisions.

It was fine the way it was before and everyone I communicated with here all tended to agree that Sentients were already easy enough before. DE making them extremely easier is baffling!

You can’t ask DE to force you into being just weak enough compared to your enemies if you don’t want to be. You’re playing the game your way, and I’m pretty sure you’d hate having that amazingly powerful build be the equivalent of an unmodded mk-1 Braton. You’re looking for DE to balance specifically for your favourite build(s) and your specific rate of killing/rate of dying

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
extra word
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

You can’t ask DE to force you into being just weak enough compared to your enemies if you don’t want to be. You’re playing the game your way, and I’m pretty sure you’d hate having that amazingly powerful build be the equivalent of an unmodded mk-1 Braton. You’re looking for DE to balance specifically for your favourite build(s) and your specific rate of killing/rate of dying

What you're describing by being "just weak enough" sounds like game balance... and yes, I can ask and expect DE to do that since that's they're profession: they're game developers and balancing is part of game development.

And no, the burden isn't on me (or players in general) to make the game balanced by using weaker frames/weapons/mods, it's on DE to balance the game. I know this is laughable at this point since the game is already unbalanced... now it's even worse than it was before!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, nslay said:

EDIT: Look, just as a reminder... players asked for Steel Path because they could one-shot everything in the normal Star Chart. Making the game easier in such a way that formerly durable enemies like Sentients and Stalker can be one-shotted in Steel Path partly defeats that purpose...

Sorry if things got a little personal, was my frustration showing through, and that’s not cool.

I get the sentiment; I want tough enemies, but they keep making them weaker. I’d be all for a bunch of stat squishes and grinding our biggest power levels into dust, but I’m not convinced that’s the right way to go in this multiplayer game where people play how they choose

 At the end of the day Steel Path is (as far as I know) meant to be a build test mode. Combine your mods and your equipment in the cleverest of ways you can imagine and see how far you can get.

This change to the Sentients is if anything indicative of not balancing for Steel Path; like I said they may be considering new players who don’t already have all the powerful equipment. If war is coming, I expect we’ll be fighting Sentients sooner than … I forget when we first meet them. Before that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, nslay said:

What you're describing by being "just weak enough" sounds like game balance... and yes, I can ask and expect DE to do that since that's they're profession: they're game developers and balancing is part of game development.

And no, the burden isn't on me (or players in general) to make the game balanced by using weaker frames/weapons/mods, it's on DE to balance the game. I know this is laughable at this point since the game is already unbalanced... now it's even worse than it was before!

Yes, it is game balance. And it can happen in the mission. We get locked into what we bring. The balance happens in the mission where the fighting happens

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, nslay said:

And no, the burden isn't on me (or players in general) to make the game balanced by using weaker frames/weapons/mods, it's on DE to balance the game. I know this is laughable at this point since the game is already unbalanced... now it's even worse than it was before!

I feel like players are forgetting that it’s not necessarily the weapons or Warframes or even mods themselves that are overpowered, it’s our choice of equipment combinations that make it so. There’s a lot of combinations available, but take um… some mod that’s part of a “mandatory” overpowered combination. Galvanized whatever. Umbral whatever. Take it out for a spin by itself and see how far it gets. Then mix and match it with other things to get the desired results from fights.

There’s a lot of combinations that can trivialise content, but there’s also a lot of other builds that will either struggle or will hit that sweet spot of “Just hard enough”

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
added survival mod
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nslay said:

I don't see the relevance? What are you trying to say? That the game should be extremely significantly easier than it used to be with the right loadout... while playing the "hardest" mode?

I can't speak for anyone else... but yes... thats basically what Im saying... just because theres a super duper hard mode doesn't mean we should ignore variety and fun factor....

how are you, specifically, one shotting sentients anyways ? just curious :P !

42 minutes ago, nslay said:

And no, the burden isn't on me (or players in general) to make the game balanced by using weaker frames/weapons/mods, it's on DE to balance the game.

This actually is a good point, I definately didn't like Grinding in Nioh just to complete the DLC normally so I guess its only fair that other players shouldnt have to gimp themsleves just to experience a challenge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, nslay said:

There was no Arquebex or Voidrig during Scarlet Spear.

EDIT: And even if there was, this was a normal Earth mission... and as you know... you still can't use Necramechs in normal missions.

and it wouldn't have been necessary or very useful anyways. with just like, a Sniper Rifle and one buff, you could already hit the Health Gate cap even when they had resistance to your Damage Type(s)

so w/e :D

 

i'm sure they'll make them unenjoyable by giving them the new anti-fun DR to make sure as much Gear is 'meh' as possible because why bother having Gear choices ever mean anything when you could always try to take as many of them away as you can manage.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nslay said:

What you're describing by being "just weak enough" sounds like game balance... and yes, I can ask and expect DE to do that since that's they're profession: they're game developers and balancing is part of game development.

And no, the burden isn't on me (or players in general) to make the game balanced by using weaker frames/weapons/mods, it's on DE to balance the game. I know this is laughable at this point since the game is already unbalanced... now it's even worse than it was before!

The enemies will never feel quite right as long as DE chooses to juggle multipliers around.

We have so many ways to multiply damage for free and enemies have just as many ways to divide or ignore our damage.  

Status immunity, armor scaling, damage attenuation, i-frames are ways to blunt our needlessly unchecked cocktail of multishot, combo counter, crit, status and Warframe buffs.

DE needs to cut the fluff on both sides because the game right now is just pure cheese.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-09-10 at 7:30 AM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

-snip-

I do have to wonder if Ballas' "amalgams" might just be a bigger leap forward than we might expect... 

I mean, Sentients are second in power only to... the Tenno.

And given Ballas helped create the frames...  AND given "Caliban" is the next "new" frame, being half sentient...  Does it not make sense that we might be gearing up to fight fully Sentient-controlled Warframes? :O 

I mean, I can't think of a cooler final showdown!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-09-12 at 5:46 PM, nslay said:

Look, regardless of loadout, you still had to do more than just, say, toss Glaive Prime once and walk away.

So what is it you really want because if you just want enemies that live for more then one shot that is very much in your power. You are choosing to use some of the strongest gear in game then complaining that it works. if you are looking for that feeling of challenge operators are a thing just use the mote amp I don't know what you are truly looking for but I for one don't want it to take five minutes to kill one guy when I have to kill 140 more.

Edited by Tahki
missing word in sentence
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...