Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's killing me?

Schwitzer

Question

A couple of times now I've suddenly blown myself up out of nowhere with the Tenet Envoy.

<Schwitzer> killed by 125,282 damage at 10,051 health from a level 59 SHOCK using a CrpBriefcaseLauncher

What is this 'SHOCK' thing? I don't recall seeing any radiation procs anywhere. 

It's happened once during an Arbitration Survival and another time on Lua Disruption.

15 answers to this question

Actually I believe this is a bug / remnant of the old self-damage system.  I find that I'm more likely to kill myself like this if I use the Shock Mote as Wisp and spam the Tenet Envoy rockets at point-blank, but it is still quite rare, so it could be something else.

There is a bug report about it, by the way:

1 hour ago, Schwitzer said:

A couple of times now I've suddenly blown myself up out of nowhere with the Tenet Envoy.

<Schwitzer> killed by 125,282 damage at 10,051 health from a level 59 SHOCK using a CrpBriefcaseLauncher

What is this 'SHOCK' thing? I don't recall seeing any radiation procs anywhere. 

It's happened once during an Arbitration Survival and another time on Lua Disruption.

Pfft is that all, I'll raise you, from one time I was messing with Inaros. 🤣

Player identified as <Slayer-.> Inaros - SP infested survival.
LOG DATE - 03/08/2021, 10:31:19
12:19:25 - <Slayer-.> downed at 4,036 health by a level 125 MALICE using a CrpBriefcaseLauncher
12:19:45 - <Slayer-.> killed by 240,036 damage at 4,037 health using a CrpBriefcaseLauncher
LOG ENDS - 03/08/2021, 12:21:13

Morel of the Story, I need to read the screen when fighting acolytes and lookout for the green bubble. 

Though yours is different it made me chuckle when remembering my death.

Okay, either Ghoul Augers have been running Sisters or this seems like a bug.

01:50:13 - <Schwitzer> downed at 10,057 health by a level 20 GHOUL AUGER using a CrpBriefcaseLauncher
01:50:16 - <Schwitzer> killed by 65,326 damage at 10,058 health from a level 20 GHOUL AUGER using a CrpBriefcaseLauncher
01:52:10 - <Schwitzer> downed at 10,062 health by a level 21 GHOUL AUGER using a CrpBriefcaseLauncher
01:52:13 - <Schwitzer> killed by 109,877 damage at 10,063 health from a level 21 GHOUL AUGER using a CrpBriefcaseLauncher

8 hours ago, (XBOX)MarineDawg said:

That Malice... I was thinking how awesome it was to have my Trumna one shot the Acolytes... One after another as my inner child Tenno giggled inside, then Malice came. :-/

Yep, I read the screen now to which one is coming in and adjust my tactic to suit, though most of the time they appear when I'm in the middle of doing a Broken Bull combo with my big axe and they die with the rest of the peasants. 

Spoiler

16_Steel_Essence_in_one_Drop.png

On 2021-09-10 at 9:24 AM, Schwitzer said:

Okay, either Ghoul Augers have been running Sisters or this seems like a bug

I'm guessing that enemies can shoot down your projectiles, similar to how you can shoot enemy grenades. If you destroy a grenade with your own attack, the "ownership" of the grenade is now yours; the grenade will damage nearby enemies. Similar mechanic, enemies destroying your explosive projectile will have your projectile deal scaled damage to you since the projectile in question now belongs to the enemies.

I've seen a player in a Defense mission blow up his Cryopod because his Tenet Envoy missile got destroyed by a random Grineer shot. Because of this, the missile's fully modded stats along with the level scaling of the Grineer exceeded the health of the Cryopod, killing it.

3 hours ago, Duality52 said:

I'm guessing that enemies can shoot down your projectiles, similar to how you can shoot enemy grenades. If you destroy a grenade with your own attack, the "ownership" of the grenade is now yours; the grenade will damage nearby enemies. Similar mechanic, enemies destroying your explosive projectile will have your projectile deal scaled damage to you since the projectile in question now belongs to the enemies.

I've seen a player in a Defense mission blow up his Cryopod because his Tenet Envoy missile got destroyed by a random Grineer shot. Because of this, the missile's fully modded stats along with the level scaling of the Grineer exceeded the health of the Cryopod, killing it.

That's a horrifying possibility if that's true.

It seems to happen when I do point-blank blasts, so I'm not sure if that's a different interaction or related to what you're saying.

Archived