Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ghoulsaw Riding? Not really

Inquizitor

Ghoulsaw seems fun to use, but the Butchers Revelry stance, its combo called RIP N RIDE lets you "ride" the saw, which is really cool, but its literally for one second if you have even slightest attack speed increase. I REALLY hoped this would be a sort of "toggle", giving it continuous ride while slicing whatever you hit. This feels like seriously missed opportunity. Im really up for having this as a toggle instead of what it is right now.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Inquizitor:

Ghoulsaw seems fun to use, but the Butchers Revelry stance, its combo called RIP N RIDE lets you "ride" the saw, which is really cool, but its literally for one second if you have even slightest attack speed increase. I REALLY hoped this would be a sort of "toggle", giving it continuous ride while slicing whatever you hit. This feels like seriously missed opportunity. Im really up for having this as a toggle instead of what it is right now.

/agree

6 hours ago, quxier said:

But could you ride on enemies like show in some animation in some devstream? Last devstream showed that Ghoul saw cannot ride on enemies. I don't have it so I'm confused.

It's building for me so I can't test it, but I'm pretty sure that's the finisher animation

Yeah, the riding is really just a forward sliding attack instead of actually riding the saw like a vehicle.  A minor letdown, but I have to admit I was laughing my ass off when I first tried it with Khora and just kept running around spamming Forward + E.  There's just something about a small, feminine frame going all Texas Chainsaw Massacre on the enemies with an oversized circular saw...

Yeah the "ride" is having a fixed duration/range. 

My bigger gripe is with the forward e combo, it's too ... Minimal. Like I am using pantheras alt fire on semi auto mode.

It's cool , but ... I feel like it's missing something of a "rev up" mechanic.

It's a fun weapon overall , just a few minor issues.

4 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

despite not having the riding animation much, it's still a fun melee. the finishing animation really is a spectacle of blood and gore, and I love it! 

RIP AND TEAR!

It's fun, I'm going to take it into Steel Path later to give it a run, their is something wrong with the saw but I can't quite put my finger on it.

13 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

The combo Ghoul Rush where you spin around really needs some forward momentum. 

Though the one thing that's bugging me is my above quote about that certain combo.

3 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

It's fun, I'm going to take it into Steel Path later to give it a run, their is something wrong with the saw but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Though the one thing that's bugging me is my above quote about that certain combo.

Playing with the saw some more, I get this distinct feeling that the Range is a bit lower than advertised.  I can't seem to hit enemies unless I'm right in their faces?  I'm a bit inclined to put Reach / Primed Reach on it now to see if it handles better...

21 hours ago, quxier said:

But could you ride on enemies like show in some animation in some devstream? Last devstream showed that Ghoul saw cannot ride on enemies. I don't have it so I'm confused.

They have a lot of broken promises in their record, but honestly this one doesn't really feel like it counts as one.  They showed super bare bones concept animations and then for whatever reason it didn't work.  I'm far more concerned about the things I'm reading about the state the weapon is in, considering it's in my foundry right now.  I'm hoping that it's overblown and the weapon isn't as bad as people are saying because it looks fun.

On 2021-09-11 at 10:47 AM, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

They have a lot of broken promises in their record, but honestly this one doesn't really feel like it counts as one.  They showed super bare bones concept animations and then for whatever reason it didn't work.  I'm far more concerned about the things I'm reading about the state the weapon is in, considering it's in my foundry right now.  I'm hoping that it's overblown and the weapon isn't as bad as people are saying because it looks fun.

I have it now. While it doesn't "put enemies to ground" it still affects them (damage/status). It has some issues but it's in pretty good/enjoyable state.

On 2021-09-15 at 4:50 PM, quxier said:

I have it now. While it doesn't "put enemies to ground" it still affects them (damage/status). It has some issues but it's in pretty good/enjoyable state.

Disagree.  Even with multiple forma, trying it on multiple frames with multiple builds it feels pretty awful to me, personally.  It doesn't hit fast enough to be a good status weapon and has lower power than even my Ether Sword.

Archived