Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ghoulsaw Riding? Not really

Inquizitor

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

Disagree.  Even with multiple forma, trying it on multiple frames with multiple builds it feels pretty awful to me, personally.  It doesn't hit fast enough to be a good status weapon and has lower power than even my Ether Sword.

I've just tried it with:

- viral/heat 60% maxed mods

- carnis mod (slash)

- P.reach

- P. Pressure

And I'm trying Relentless combination (so I can remove that mod). I have 2 free slots. I've been testing it with Xaku and I've been doing fine for some Sedna void fissure (around 45 level). Forward+Block combo deals enough damage to kill them in 1-2 "shots".

Maybe you are expecting SP ready weapon? In that case it's different story but for starchart it should be fine.

Ether sword may be powerful... but boring to play.

So in my opinion it it's good but it wasn't about how powerful it is. But if you need more power for your melee then there are some mod (I remember there is one aura) or abilities.

I've got it now and OH LORD IT IS GLORIOUS!

I love the Rip 'n' Ride combo! And the Ghoulsaw itself! It's just an absolute AoE melee sweeper that DOESN'T STOP!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-

(FR tho the Saw starts falling off a little in Lvl 70 for me, perhaps due to me not maxing the saw and just optimizing it. While it might not kill as fast, it kills A LOT OF THINGS AT ONCE.)

• 1 month later...
On 2021-09-10 at 6:20 PM, Inquizitor said:

Ghoulsaw seems fun to use, but the Butchers Revelry stance, its combo called RIP N RIDE lets you "ride" the saw, which is really cool, but its literally for one second if you have even slightest attack speed increase. I REALLY hoped this would be a sort of "toggle", giving it continuous ride while slicing whatever you hit. This feels like seriously missed opportunity. Im really up for having this as a toggle instead of what it is right now.

Whirligig saw+L2

Archived