Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora Steel Path help?

AzureScion

Question

Many recommended me to use Khora with a decent statstick to get through Steel Path, but even after getting a great riven (250% dmg, 250%cc) on my statstick and using the augment for whipclaw, I still find myself having to spam the everliving hell out of my whipclaw to get rid even the most basic of grineer enemies (and yes they are ensnared). Also while I constantly deal orange damage, I can never deal red damage no matter how many combos I've accumulated on my whip. Matter of fact I don't even know how to check my combo count for my whip.

So yeah, any tips to play Khora on SP? Survivability is no issue since I have Adaptation (and RG if needed) slapped on her, but the damage dealt is just.... pitiful.

Statstick build for Dark Sword:

Dark Sword Riven (250% dmg, cc)

Sacrificial Steel

Primed Pressure Point

Organ Shatter

Fever Strike (no primed yet sadly)

Shocking Touch

Drifting Contact

Blood Rush

Khora Build:

Aura 

Overextended

Accumulating Whipclaw

Stretch

Streamline

Primed Continuity

Primed Flow

Adaptation

Fleeting Expertise

Tips appreciated!

2 answers to this question

I'm pretty sure there is no separate the combo counter, and it just goes off of your regular melee combo counter.  So assuming you did not ramp up your combo counter first, your Whipclaw's CC is going to be:

(2.5 (riven) + 2.2 (Sac. Steel)) * 25% (Whipclaw CC) = 117.5%.  Meaning at least Yellow, 17.5% chance of Orange.

If you took the time to ramp up your combo count to 12x, then it would be:

(2.5 (riven) + 2.2 (Sac. Steel) + 4.4 (Blood Rush)) * 25% (Whipclaw CC) = 227.5%.  Meaning at least Orange, 27.5% chance of Red.

So if you want to chase after the Red crits, then always remember to wind up your combo counter first and consider adding Gladiator mods.  With all 6 Gladiator mods, you could reach:

(2.5 (riven) + 2.2 (Sac. Steel) + 4.4 (Blood Rush) + 6.6 (Gladiator Set)) * 25% (Whipclaw CC) = 392.5%.

... although making space for them may or may not be worth it, so YMMV.

1 hour ago, MqToasty said:

I'm pretty sure there is no separate the combo counter, and it just goes off of your regular melee combo counter.  So assuming you did not ramp up your combo counter first, your Whipclaw's CC is going to be:

(2.5 (riven) + 2.2 (Sac. Steel)) * 25% (Whipclaw CC) = 117.5%.  Meaning at least Yellow, 17.5% chance of Orange.

If you took the time to ramp up your combo count to 12x, then it would be:

(2.5 (riven) + 2.2 (Sac. Steel) + 4.4 (Blood Rush)) * 25% (Whipclaw CC) = 227.5%.  Meaning at least Orange, 27.5% chance of Red.

So if you want to chase after the Red crits, then always remember to wind up your combo counter first and consider adding Gladiator mods.  With all 6 Gladiator mods, you could reach:

(2.5 (riven) + 2.2 (Sac. Steel) + 4.4 (Blood Rush) + 6.6 (Gladiator Set)) * 25% (Whipclaw CC) = 392.5%.

... although making space for them may or may not be worth it, so YMMV.

Ahhhh here's what I've been missing! Didn't know I had to ramp up my melee counter before going all slappy slappy. No wonder my whipclaw feels weak. I'll give it a try, thanks!

Oh as for gladiator mods.... I can try to fit G. Might in my statstick but yeah I don't know what I should replace for the other mods in the set.

Thanks for the tip again!

Archived