Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orm sheild osprey can see Ivara when invisible

Hobie-wan

Was running a railjack spy mission and was in the freight linker side objective. Was sneaking around invisible as Ivara P. I had my Helios P with me, but of course it was invisible as well. The crewmen were not attacking me, but an Orm shield osprey could apparently see me and shocked me to death.

On 2021-09-10 at 5:43 AM, Hobie-wan said:

Was running a railjack spy mission and was in the freight linker side objective. Was sneaking around invisible as Ivara P. I had my Helios P with me, but of course it was invisible as well. The crewmen were not attacking me, but an Orm shield osprey could apparently see me and shocked me to death.

Oh I know what causes them to attack you. Depending on your point of view, this might simply be just one of those "hidden mechanics" of warframe or maybe a bug. Really depends I guess. There's 2 parts to this type of interaction.

1. Using a weapon that is "silent, but not actually silent". So they actually make a "silent noise", as funny as that sounds. There's only an extremely small handful of weapons that I know of which causes this.

2. These enemies don't technically know where you are while you're invisible (unlike a certain raknoid). They're just "blind-firing" in the general direction where your weapon made "silent noise".  I can't remember how many enemies have this type of interaction, but I'll list some that I know of for sure.

- Axio Shield Osprey

- Juno Jactus Osprey

- Orm Shield Osprey

- Vorac Shield Osprey

- Deimos Venin Mutalist

EDIT (oh how could I forgot these lovely enemies too sk8ter bois. These guys will activate their anti-warframe powers as well, if they hear your "silent, but alarming" weapons too).

- Fog Scrambus (including their sub-variants like Juno, etc)

- Nul Scrambus (including their sub-variants like Juno, etc)

- Sap Scrambus (including their sub-variants like Juno, etc)

- Slo Scrambus (including their sub-variants like Juno, etc)

There's probably more enemies, but I can't remember which other ones do it. In the case of Axio and Vorac, those osprey enemies do a giant AoE electrical attack, so do be careful around them.

EDIT: semi-update. Did some playing around in the simulacrum with a friend and we also figured out another extra layer to this mechanic. So I'll list it here.

2b. If you accidentally bump into any of the above enemies that I listed in point 2, while being invisible, they will also attempt to do "blind panic-fire" around their immediate vicinity. They are a bit slow to react, but they will try to do this "blind panic fire" if you brush into them (while invisible), and wait.

On 2021-09-10 at 6:43 AM, Hobie-wan said:

Regular or eximus?

1 hour ago, BlindStalker said:

Oh I know what causes them to attack you.

*snip*

Hmmm. I can't remember now if I'd fired anything or not. IIRC it was a void storm mission I was running that particular time so the enemies might have been 'half alerted' because of that.

26 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Regular or eximus?

I don't know for sure.

1 hour ago, Hobie-wan said:

Hmmm. I can't remember now if I'd fired anything or not. IIRC it was a void storm mission I was running that particular time so the enemies might have been 'half alerted' because of that.

I don't know for sure.

Oh it was during a void storm? Hmm, if you didn't fire a "silent, but alarming" weapon, then I have another possible guess?

I was testing in the simulacrum with a friend and with the enemies that I listed in point 2, we noticed that if you walk into any of the enemies, while being invisible, they can also do "panic blind-fire" around their immediate vicinity. They are however, pretty slow to react to being brushed into by an invisible frame, but they do seem to react when touched by an invisible frame, from my really quick testing.

But I also think, since you said this was during a void storm, that the void sink hazards that occur frequently during a storm, might have made them "half alerted" to try and panic blind fire. It's certainly a possibility, I think as well. I would have to try checking next time I play a void storm. If it does occur though, I think it should be considered a bug. Because a void sink hazard making these ospreys half alerted, causing them to panic fire, is outside of the player's control and was not caused by us directly.

1 hour ago, BlindStalker said:

if you walk into any of the enemies, while being invisible, they can also do "panic blind-fire" around their immediate vicinity.

I know that bumping enemies can half alert them, though I hadn't noticed any panic firing in general. Though I definitely hadn't bumped into the osprey. It was several meters away.

5 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

I know that bumping enemies can half alert them, though I hadn't noticed any panic firing in general. Though I definitely hadn't bumped into the osprey. It was several meters away.

Ah okay. Well I'm out of ideas. Definitely does sound like an unusual bug overall. I'll try running some void storms to see if I can run into some Orm ospreys. Do you recall of what specific weapons you had with your Ivara that time? Any special helminthed abilities on your Ivara set-up as well?

13 hours ago, BlindStalker said:

Ah okay. Well I'm out of ideas. Definitely does sound like an unusual bug overall. I'll try running some void storms to see if I can run into some Orm ospreys. Do you recall of what specific weapons you had with your Ivara that time? Any special helminthed abilities on your Ivara set-up as well?

No swapped abilities. I think I was still leveling up the ghoulsaw at the time, else would have been broken war, so nothing odd there. I probably would have had a silenced plinx and proboscis cernos on, but it's possible I might have had a sporelacer pistol and or acceltra if I got distracted and forgot to switch to silent guns.

I'll probably run some more tonight as I'm still trying to get Hard Reset to finish off collecting parazon mods.

Archived