Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ghoul Saw is NOT a vehicle

(XBOX)Ancient Mutt

The Ghoul Saw is NOT a vehicle.

I'm disappointed to find this out. When people were saying they were riding it around, sure, it's a move done in short repeatable bursts.

But getting from A to B in the Plains of Eidolon is not currently a feature but, in my opinion, should be. It has the potential to be a cool motorcycle and it isn't one. 

Boooo.

Also, way too slow and cumbersome. Yes, this is to be expected with a big cumbersome object like this, but I had to put all my speed mods on it to get it up to 2.25 to be useful and battleworthy.

Otherwise, another fun toy that's going to sit in storage 99% of its life.

It has potential to be really, significantly improved.

As I recall, they said they'd try but not to really expect it to be a vehicle.

As for its slow speed being not useful, that's a problem with how the game's design doesn't reward anything but fast-killing AoE machines, not the fault of the weapon.

People won't ride K drives and they're an actual useable and practical mode of transport. Why the hell would I want to ride across PoE on a saw?

It's not the most practical of weapons but it's a bit of dumb fun. I'm I'm enjoying doing half donuts around enemies before bifurcating them with this thing

10 hours ago, (XBOX)General Poke said:

You said it here though: it’s a fun toy. I found it acceptably damaging for normal content. But it’s main function seems to that it is a giant saw, which is fun to mess around with. It seems like the intention was for it to be a fun little gimmick weapon, not something that was particularly useful.

• The suggestions for riding seemed to be around firing the weapon. I am not sure if there have been other suggestions about it.

12 hours ago, Butterfly85 said:

People won't ride K drives and they're an actual useable and practical mode of transport. Why the hell would I want to ride across PoE on a saw?

It's not the most practical of weapons but it's a bit of dumb fun. I'm I'm enjoying doing half donuts around enemies before bifurcating them with this thing

Kdrives have horrible collision physics with cluttered terrain and awful ragdoll physics that sling you through the air for hundreds of meters if you clip an invisible pixel on your hover board that doesn't touch the ground you just clipped.  Because it's hovering.

I used them for MR and I screw around on one for 30 seconds at the start of an open world mission because I have the "gives energy for trick points" mod equipped.  Outside of that, they're awful and many people don't like them.

Yareli is NOT a surfer.

I'm disappointed to find this out. When people were saying they were surfing around, sure, it's a move done in short repeatable bursts.

But getting from A to B in warframe is not currently a feature but, in my opinion, should be. It has the potential to be a cool surfboard and it isn't one. 

Boooo.

Also, way too slow and cumbersome. Yes, this is to be expected with a big cumbersome object like this, but I had to put all my speed mods on it to get it up to be useful and battleworthy.

It has potential to be really, significantly improved.

The only problems I have is that the ride knocks enemies down , but doesn't go over them like a bike on speed bumps. Wish it could literally mow down and drive over enemies.

The other issue is the forward e , it's so weird I can't tell if I am doing damage or not , and needing to keep pressing e doesn't feel intuitive , just let us hold e and keep moving forward.

It should have some sort of rev function too , maybe limited to full melee mode , where you could increase damage / range /time active by pressing the right button (reload?) at the right time . Totally not copying DMC.

25 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

The only problems I have is that the ride knocks enemies down , but doesn't go over them like bike. Wish it could literally mow down and drive over enemies.

The ither issue is the forward e , it's so weird I can tell if I am doing damage or not.

It should have some sort of rev function , maybe limited to full melee mode , where you could increase damage / range /time active by pressing the right button (reload?) at the right time . Totally not copying DMC.

Yeah, the animation for Forward + E is great, but the range seems abysmal.

I'm actually hoping for a special move (maybe Hold E?) where it can act like Panthera's alt-fire.  Add a bit of suction to it so enemies being sawed in half cannot escape, and maybe lock you in one place so it doesn't become too OP'd (will be hard to WASD with E held down anyways).  Deal 1/10 of the modded damage but at 10x faster, so you can really see the sparks fly.  Guaranteed dismemberment if you kill with this move.  Man, that would really make my day...

Archived